Delivering in TMC anyone?

Sweetooth

Bluemit:659379 said:
Ya i wanna know as well. I'm delivering this thurs via csec. I heard they say usually 2nd day only will have breast milk..
Mind sharing y u've opted for C-sect? I wanna opt for c-sect too, but yet to talk to my gynae...
Hi Bluemit,
The reason is due to low lying placenta.. Gynae suggests i go for c-sec..i just delivered last thurs..everything was smooth and my baby weighs 3.24kg..i would love to have another csec for my next child..I'm recovering well too..how bout your self, y do you wanna opt for c-sec?

paul

Hi Bluemit,
The reason is due to low lying placenta.. Gynae suggests i go for c-sec..i just delivered last thurs..everything was smooth and my baby weighs 3.24kg..i would love to have another csec for my next child..I'm recovering well too..how bout your self, y do you wanna opt for c-sec?
Hi Sweetooth, I have low lying placenta also .. Doc said he will check me on wk 36 to see did the placenta move up before advising.. Which wk did u give birth ? Is C section v painful ?

Sweetooth

I delivered on week 38 . For me, the c-sec experience was very pleasant :) i was on full GA Becoz my Gynae advice me to do so..everything happened real quick , within 20mins my lo was out and 1 hr + later my turn to wake up..i was able to get off the bed the next day..my stay in TMC was good too, their service was prompt, food was yummy too .. Most important was my Gynae and the anesthetics did a very good job..hope all these sharing helps in making your decision. Touch wood and thank good there wasn't any complication except my bb jaundice level was borderline and also he has a sensitive stomach, my hospital bill comes up to about 6.7k in total inclusive baby bill which was about 1.2k . I stayed in 2 bedded

ilurve

I delivered on week 38 . For me, the c-sec experience was very pleasant :) i was on full GA Becoz my Gynae advice me to do so..everything happened real quick , within 20mins my was out and 1 hr + later my turn to wake up..i was able to get off the bed the next day..my stay in Thomson Medical Center was good too, their service was prompt, food was yummy too .. Most important was my Gynae and the anesthetics did a very good job..hope all these sharing helps in making your decision. Touch wood and thank good there wasn't any complication except my baby jaundice level was borderline and also he has a sensitive stomach, my hospital bill comes up to about 6.7k in total inclusive baby bill which was about 1.2k . I stayed in 2 bedded
Hi, how much cash did you paid after medisave deduction?

Hi..
I juz delivered my bbygirl 0n 18/6/2012.. & waS diScharged t0day...
Stayed at 2bedded ( requeSt f0r 4bedded but waS upgraded t0 2bedded ).. 0verall my experience Stay in TMC waS really great.. the nurSeS are all very friendly & helpful.. & alwayS there t0 aSSiSt u when u need help.. my t0tal c0St 0f delivery waS abt 4k incluSive 0f bby.. $3k f0r me (n0rmal delivery w/0 epidural) & baby abt $800.. paid $ upfr0nt $1.2k... the balance paid my mediSave.. & i Still get a refund back 0f $200+.. :D

FruitChick

Hi there I'm new to this forum and have been reading your posts. Can anyone share the cost of how much they paid for 1 bedder for normal delivery and how much can be deducted frm medisave? I thought the medisave use was limited to only $1200?

summerhaven

Hi..
I juz delivered my bbygirl 0n 18/6/2012.. & waS diScharged t0day...
Stayed at 2bedded ( requeSt f0r 4bedded but waS upgraded t0 2bedded ).. 0verall my experience Stay in TMC waS really great.. the nurSeS are all very friendly & helpful.. & alwayS there t0 aSSiSt u when u need help.. my t0tal c0St 0f delivery waS abt 4k incluSive 0f bby.. $3k f0r me (n0rmal delivery w/0 epidural) & baby abt $800.. paid $ upfr0nt $1.2k... the balance paid my mediSave.. & i Still get a refund back 0f $200+.. :D
Hi ShalynnShafii

Does the 4k include the doctor fees as well?

Thanks.

PeiPei A

Anyone sign up for the TMC's First Born Incentive?
What benefits does it have?
I've missed to sign up before my oscar and detail scan.... So thinking if it still beneficial to sign up now? :confused:

cyberie

Anyone sign up for the TMC's First Born Incentive?
What benefits does it have?
I've missed to sign up before my oscar and detail scan.... So thinking if it still beneficial to sign up now? :confused:
me also sign up the FBI after my oscar and scan..
i sign up because i am attending the prenatal classes (cant rem how much discount it was).

Also have discount if u intend to sign-up cord-life.

shenyu2008

I also go to kkh private suite. Everytime consultation fee is around $70 and there is not extra scanning fee. Why do u need to pay scanning fee. Every time I have seen the same doctor

Anybody thinking of taking the single room in tmc? Can share how much was the bill for both normal and c-sect??

I plan to take single room, but has yet to decide whether to try normal or just go with c-sect. Most prob i will go with normal n epi though.. I asked the nurse in the hosp and they like dun wanna explain the pricing with me.. so annoying!

Vitaminshower

Just stay in 2 bedded room why choose single? Probably you will stay longer in the labor ward and then maybe a day in visitor ward then that's it! Unless you dont mind paying more.