Delivering in TMC anyone?

Addee

Because when I'm curious about something and I ask her, i find that she don't answer me directly. I find her explanation confusing also.
Not that we doubt her professionalism. We are just not comfortable in our communication with her. My first 2 miscarriages are with her and she did my D&C for 2nd miscarriage. Very professional I must say. But I would prefer a different type of Doctor - Patient relationship.

When I'm pregnant for the 3rd time, we decided to 'shop' for another Gynae. Current Gynae may be a bit 'uncle' but we just like the approach he takes.

Addee

Thanks for the info.. If i opted a single room before and on the day dun have, can i choose to stay in 2 beded instead of single premier? Or they wont allow u to downgrade?
I went for hospital tour today and they say can opt of downgrade. But i think the 'tour guide' forget to say subject to availability.

MamaDT

hi mummies and daddies

any idea if we decide to stay in single bedded ward, can our Hubby stay with us overnight even though we didn't arrange for the extra companion bed & meal?

Thanks!

Jofeny

U can select 1meal&bed or 3 meals&bed for your hubby. Minimum 1 meal compulsory. I think 1 meal Is $75 n 3 meals is $95. U can check on the URL.

http://www.thomsonmedical.com/fees.htm

MamaDT

Thanks mummy Jofeny! Coz I have told the clinic nurse to book the single bedded for me already but I forgot to tell her that Hubby will b staying there overnight so nt sure if it is ok...... :)

Jofeny

It's ok. The Gynae nurse no need to know. When u r admitted the Tmc staff will ask u. Basically they jus covert the sofa into a bed for your hubby.

I intend to deliver at Tmc and is it that I have to book a tour with the Tmc nurse myself if I wish to view the room type?

After I have decided then do I need to reserve with them? What's the procedure?

MamaDT

Hi Cherryblossom

I booked thru the gynae nurse... Coz they ask me which room I intend to stay.

As for the tour, I am unsure. I didn't go thru it. U can view the rooms thru their website :)

MamaDT

Hi Mummies

Will the hospital b providing mummies a list of things to do and not to do and confinement food / recommend food that's good for bf to bring home after we have delivered baby and discharge?

Thanks! :)

MamaDT

Hi Mummies,

Sorry one more qn.. Was told tt some other hospital they had this "cooling pad" to relieve their pain at vaginal after they have given birth...

TMC got give? Else what kind of pain relieve did they provide for mummies?

Thanks!

Jofeny

Hi Mummies

Will the hospital b providing mummies a list of things to do and not to do and confinement food / recommend food that's good for bf to bring home after we have delivered baby and discharge?

Thanks! :)
No leh. Never give.. Will give u a few pages of cannot understand bills instead.. Haha

When u r at Tmc.. B careful of everything u ask for because is chargeable.

That day I feel a bit puky n ask for a plastic bag. They gave me a plastic bowl, those normal white plastic bowl n charge me $3.20!! Also cotton balls to clean your breast to get ready for breastfeed, a pkt of 10's is at $2.70. Imagine every 2 hrs u need to bf, u can jus count how much u pay for the cotton balls. So if best bring your own..

Last edited:

Addee

Isn't these part of the 'package'? Any additional u use, you have to pay rite?
I understand that the hospital bill have to be itemize billing so they have to list those little things used. Fr baby diapers to those blue underpads for beds and sanitary napkins etc. they also itemize rite? during the hospital tour, they explain that it's part of the 'package' if additional is taken, you pay extra.

Jofeny

Vomitting bowl isn't part of package.. N what i want is merely a plastic bag jus in case i vomit. I think its really ridiculous to charge me a bowl for so exp.. I shd have jus puke on the floor instead.. N they dun tell u is chargeable.. They bring a Empty white plastic bowl to u, n last day u find every single thing is on the bill...

The cotton wool they give like 2 pkt? But it's not enuff de. 1 day say latch 8 times. Me c sect so latch 3 days.. 24 times? 24 times * 2 to 4 pieces each time... To wipe before n after bf. End up I need to pay 3 pkt more.. In short, pls bring your own cotton balls.

I brought my own pads n panty. so those I didn't get extra from them.

Ya bb diaper all included in package. Pls ask for the leftovers before you go. Also the hand antiseptic solution, u paid for it already (the one they placed with your baby). That bottle is $17. So please ask for it. U can use it at home. Especially when relatives n frens come visit baby, u can get them to use before carrying your baby.

Last edited: