Delivering in TMC anyone?

MamaDT

Jofeny, u mean u stay in premium suite ah... Wah isn't it very ex? Is everything very different from single bedded ward (ie the food taste better? The matteress is better? Blanket different?)

Jofeny

U can refer to the photos on Tmc URL to see the difference between the wards.. Duno what's the real diff apart from room size n price too.. Say service different but there r some nurse that I dun like too. Especially the one who helped me to wash up, she is v impatient when im in pain n i ask her to wait.. But I would say generally they r quite ok.. Got a few r really v nice.. I recall a young chinese nurse.. N she is really v passionate.. U see the way she carries n look after babies.. The love for the baby is all in her eyes... My bb was under light for 1 day due to jaundice, my hubby says my boy keep crying under the light n the nurses sing song n pat him until he calms down.. I think it's quite nice of them.

felicity

While I have read of many negative stories online, my own friends who delivered at TMC all hv praises for TMC, so I go ahead with TMC. I think it really depends and I hope I have as good an experience as my friends!

Anyway, any Pd to recommend at TMC, pls?

Jofeny

I think a hospital is a hospital. Jus dun expect to b treated like u r in a 5 star hotel. The nurses there r on shifts n naturally they will b tired n listening to bb cries everyday is really no fun. You will know later. So jus have more patience with them too. I think it will be ok.

MamaDT

Hmmm I believe as for services it is standard hospital services... And agree with Jofeny that nurses have their mood n emotions too especially the long hrs...

I have been into URL to check out on the diff wards but... I feel that singled bedded ward is enuff for me as the suites are just some asethetically nice... Unless the bed is more comfy heehee maybe I will change my mind =)
I m still puking crazily every hour so I can hardly go out to check out on the room tour... Any mummies checked out the comfy level of the beds before? Many thanks! ^^

Jofeny

I think the beds r all the same. Initially when my room is not ready, they put me at a double room to rest first. Then when the room is done up then they pushed me on the bed to the room.

Oh I din go for any room tour as well.. My idea was jus chop chop deliver n b gone.. So never bother.. The Tmc maternal classes all I never go. Even the breastfeeding lesson given foc during my stay.. I skipped too. Oppss

Last edited:

Alisa

generally i would say their service is good, the way the handle baby is very fast and chop! u will feel heartache when u see the way they handle but they have been handling babies everyday so i guess they are so used to it. Some nurses are very good, only 1 or 2 is not good. As for PD, if u are on TBF, do not choose Ang Ai Tin, she is not into BF. during my time, she is still ok with me (in 2011) but for my SIL case (2012 Jul) she encourage FM. The nurse that give free lesson is also different from ours... ours is very professional but hers... i can only say, different nurse teaches differently.

chaw

Hi ALisa,

Who is your pediatrician? I also want to TBF. I have not decide the pediatrician yet.

i choose 4 bedded but got free upgrade to 2 bedded. got the wash pack. i am leaking milk on 3rd day so better bring breastpad just in case. i feel no need to bring breast pump cuz i am on TBF.

Jofeny

generally i would say their service is good, the way the handle baby is very fast and chop! u will feel heartache when u see the way they handle but they have been handling babies everyday so i guess they are so used to it. Some nurses are very good, only 1 or 2 is not good. As for PD, if u are on TBF, do not choose Ang Ai Tin, she is not into BF. during my time, she is still ok with me (in 2011) but for my SIL case (2012 Jul) she encourage FM. The nurse that give free lesson is also different from ours... ours is very professional but hers... i can only say, different nurse teaches differently.
I'm on TBF too (apr 12) but Ang didn't mention anything or discourage. It will b funny if she ask the mummy not to breastfeed the baby especially the whole WHO n hospitals are asking mummies to bf. My Fren delivered in KKH n she says if the mummy is not bf, the nurses will keep asking why why why. N my Fren say no milk, the nurses all come in n help her massage! Ha

Your SIL bb got any medical condition? Because it will b strange how/why Ang discourage mummy to bf.

Anyway... I know that for jaundice babies, is not good to bf for those peak days (first 2 weeks) to let the jaundice drop.. Mummies can freeze the mlk so that it would not go to waste. This method is proven successful by Many of my frens. For the mummies FYI.

Last edited:

Alisa

mine was also Ang Ai Tin. There is only 2 PD and the other PD is a guy, my cousin said he is pro BF. Also name Dr Ang.

Jofeny

If I'm not wrong, the other Mr Ang is Ang Ai Tin daddy. I overheard, unsure too.

I think at the medical wing there are a few more private PD clinics... Just like the Gynae..

Tannie

The service u get from single bedded ward n double beded ward onwards is definitely diff. My fren stayed in single beded ward, the service she get is far more better than what I received in 2 beded ward.
i did not appoint PD, they assigned Dr Janice Wong. She is friendly and her clinic is not as pack as the other one...

Jofeny

Hmm.. Frankly I wun say the service is excellent or what.. I press bell then the nurse come.. I think it's fairly normal.. I dun think I'm treated like VIP or what..

Tannie

When I press bell, nurse come and either ask me to wait or never return with my request... That is the diff...

No need to bring baby clothes, they will provide a top, swaddle blanket n mitten, bottom wear diaper n no socks cause baby will be swaddle up.

Jofeny

Oh man.. That sounds really bad.. U never complain?

Jus recalled that when I jus delivered n they put me in the double room (single room still cleaning up) Got 1 ang mo woman n 1 Chinese woman go round n ask for feed back. They come everyday.. Even when the next few days I go to single room.. I thought that's their standard protocol

chaw

Alias, Thanks

Dr Ang was recommended to me by my gynae. Any feedback on Dr Ang? Is she pro-breastfeeding? Does she take time to spend time with you and talk about bb's progress?

When I press bell, nurse come and either ask me to wait or never return with my request... That is the diff...

No need to bring baby clothes, they will provide a top, swaddle blanket n mitten, bottom wear diaper n no socks cause baby will be swaddle up.

Omg.. i wonder how are they gonna treat those in 4 bedded one?!?!

Tannie

They only pass me the feedback form on the day of disharge and I do not have a pen so I did not fill in. After tht was busy with baby n rest do didnt bother to do it after all I alrdy discharge.