Delivering in TMC anyone?

MamaDT

Wah thanks for sharing! My goodness... Charge every single thing... Did u bring Hm tt expensive vomiting bowl? It's ridiculous...... Aiyo faint

Vomitting bowl isn't part of package.. N what i want is merely a plastic bag jus in case i vomit. I think its really ridiculous to charge me a bowl for so exp.. I shd have jus puke on the floor instead.. N they dun tell u is chargeable.. They bring a Empty white plastic bowl to u, n last day u find every single thing is on the bill...

The cotton wool they give like 2 pkt? But it's not enuff de. 1 day say latch 8 times. Me c sect so latch 3 days.. 24 times? 24 times * 2 to 4 pieces each time... To wipe before n after bf. End up I need to pay 3 pkt more.. In short, pls bring your own cotton balls.

I brought my own pads n panty. so those I didn't get extra from them.

Ya bb diaper all included in package. Pls ask for the leftovers before you go. Also the hand antiseptic solution, u paid for it already (the one they placed with your baby). That bottle is $17. So please ask for it. U can use it at home. Especially when relatives n frens come visit baby, u can get them to use before carrying your baby.

Wow jofeny... if you can still remember, can please tell us what items that we can actually bring ourselves to save all these ridiculous costs??

I've noted down:
Cotton balls (does it have to be cotton bals? those facial cottons cannot?)
Maternity Pads
Panty
Extra diapers (just in case)

Addee

Wah thanks for sharing. Didn't know so many things that we paid for but not pack for us to bring back. Cotton balls must be sterilize type?

Jofeny

TMC gave the steralised kind and they advised use boiled water to put on the cotton. But i dun think there is a need for it to be steralised. its basically to clean your breast before bb sucks on it.

when im back home after the 4 days, i use the normal kind of cotton (Watson facial kind) but i use boiled water to damp it though.

Now i even use tissue paper, baby is 3 months old already.

Jofeny

Wow jofeny... if you can still remember, can please tell us what items that we can actually bring ourselves to save all these ridiculous costs??

I've noted down:
Cotton balls (does it have to be cotton bals? those facial cottons cannot?)
Maternity Pads
Panty
Extra diapers (just in case)
Diapers dun need to bring extra i think. They will give you 1 pack of huggies new born to be used there. i think mine upon discharge still have at least 5 left.. and on discharge day itself, they will give u another brand new pack.

I also wear their hospital top throughout.. didnt change to my own PJ. Cos their clothes is looser and more comfy.

also they will dress the baby up in their TMC new top and wrapping towel, u can still bring your own clothes if u wan.

Last edited:
Diapers dun need to bring extra i think. They will give you 1 pack of huggies new born to be used there. i think mine upon discharge still have at least 5 left.. and on discharge day itself, they will give u another brand new pack.

I also wear their hospital top throughout.. didnt change to my own PJ. Cos their clothes is looser and more comfy.

also they will dress the baby up in their TMC new top and wrapping towel, u can still bring your own clothes if u wan.

Thanks jofeny,

any other things that u brought along during ur hosp stay?

Jofeny

Handphone charger n extension cord! Haha.. I v ks.. I brought 2 chargers.. Jus in case me n my hubby fight over it. Haha

kwokm

Hi jofeny

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like everything is provided. Im also delivering at TMC for first time but not my first birth. Just wondering what else we need to bring ourselves?

Breastpad & going home clothes ? Is that it? Do they provide toiletries? Why else?

kwokm

Also can any one who went for the tour, pls share what to expect and if need to "check in". I asked the hospital info desk and the ladies said just take lift to 2nd floor delivery ward. Does the mommy need to be wheeled chair to delivery ward?

Many Tia

Jofeny

Hi jofeny

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like everything is provided. Im also delivering at TMC for first time but not my first birth. Just wondering what else we need to bring ourselves?

Breastpad & going home clothes ? Is that it? Do they provide toiletries? Why else?
I didn't put breastpad then because breast still not capable of leaking milk then. I brought my breast pump to the hospital to encourage my supply to come faster. They provide basic toiletries. But I didn't really shower there cos I c sect, I only use wipe. N they provide the puree baby wash shampoo... Those that u need not really rinse kind. They provide the mouth wash for gargle. Jus bring extra maternity pads, cotton n disposable panty to avoid additional charges, other than that is ok.

Jofeny

Also can any one who went for the tour, pls share what to expect and if need to "check in". I asked the hospital info desk and the ladies said just take lift to 2nd floor delivery ward. Does the mommy need to be wheeled chair to delivery ward?

Many Tia
If by then u r not in pain n can walk, they wun insist u to b on wheelchair unless u request. If u r doing c sect, they will get u on lie on bed in the ward n push u to the holding area n then push u to the op theater.

MamaDT

Lol I've already made a list of items to bring for delivery but it's more like a resort getaway list of items! Aiyoh.... I hope the list is not too exaggerating... Heehee

Jofeny

Oh ya mummies, I have 4 Tmc carpark coupon to let go if anyone is interested. Selling at 4 pieces for $15, one at $5. By mail.

The carpark coupon is still payable at $3 per entry (meaning, u still have to pay $3 from your cash card. But irregardless of the duration u park there.)

I stayed in single suite then n they Gave me quite a few carpark coupon. You can also check with the Tmc counter how many coupons u can receive based on the number of beds u selected.

My bro visited me from 8am to 1pm & he paid $17 for the carpark. It's crazy. The coupon is good if your parents n in laws will b in the hospital for long, then they dun have to worry abt parking longer.

My Gynae n PD r still at Tmc, i can still use but thought that if any mummy need then you can utilize the coupon better.

The coupon is valid for 6 months starting from 9th apr (my bb delivery date). So any mummy delivery in Aug n Sept shd b able to use this coupon without much issue.

If interested just drop me a message. :)

Tannie

I stayed in 2 beded and was given 3 car park coupons and I dun get the purée baby shampoo wash, neither they given me cotton ball to wipe my breast... N the nurse did not ask me to do so.... I was given cotton ball n lotion prescribe by my gynea for the wound...
There is a big diff between service provided to one beded n 2 beded... Overall I m not totally satisfied with TMC... If I were to give birth again, I will chose Mount A.

Addee

I went for the tour. They mentioned 1 beded, normal delivery 3 carpark coupons.
Premium rooms will have more. Can't remember how many.

Alisa

i choose 4 bedded but got free upgrade to 2 bedded. got the wash pack. i am leaking milk on 3rd day so better bring breastpad just in case. i feel no need to bring breast pump cuz i am on TBF.