EDD Sept 2012 mummies!

ahwang

Hi Kary2500. Thanks for ur support it does makes me feel better thinking I'm not the only one having problem. got short nipples too so maybe boy can't latch. I tried to look at him when he is soundly asleep... And keep telling myself I really love him he's my boy and how adorable he is when not giving problem. My wound hurts guess also cos I no appeitie to eat and nv pass motion for 3 days. Been taking prune juice drink lots of water and trying to eat more. After pumping, not hungry hubby also ask me eat some snacks like a slice of bread some dry fruits etc. Cos need to eat a bit more. I already lost 5kg when I put on only ard 12kg with bb weighing close to 4kg.

felicity

didnt pump a lot. sad.

i got short almost flat nipples... initially used nipple shields, recommended by lac consultant. then my friend told me shouldn't use and show me lots of websites like kellymom etc... she say last time long ago when there's no fm and no factories manufacturing nipple shields, everyone latches the bb... there was no lac consultant, no bottle, and no such thing as "flat nipple" or watever... olden days ppl just latch and let bb feed. i'm encouraged to latch without nipple shield... it was really difficult at first and she fusses so much, latching through the day for hours and almost no slp throughout the night also. that time i really cried like mad and gg crazy... but now managed to get over it and she can latch better now and also the constant latching and pumping kinda drawn out the nipples. bought nipple puller also no use and no time to use since latching all the time. bb is still the best nipple puller... i'm telling myself if last time ppl can latch, cavemen no fm no nipple shields no forums to vent also like that... if they can do it i can do it! haha...

all the best k! can do it one!! don't give up!

kary same! bb keeps pushing or putting her own hand into her mouth and wailing wanting to latch >< or head bobbing up and down or shaking side to side... zzz... such a struggle to latch. i read that the head bobbing up and down or left and right is cos bb too tired, but nothing much i can do, so just keep trying... cos she won't slp in the day on her own, definitely need to latch her first n let her be satisfied first! i'm sure u r doing a good job so far :) let's all continue to push ourselves for our bb! it'll be all worth it!

Kary2500

Yea that's what I keep doing everytime baby cries just latch her... I always seem to have one boob working fine and one that gives me trouble lol.. Like in the mornig when I looked at my boobs one seems soo big and the other is small, even with the areola it's one small n one big, more like a partially done plastic surgery for breast implants hahaha ... Anyways I think all de latching is helping with my milk supply, I don't pump so don't know how much she drinks.. But today when I took her weight she's gained about 40 grams more than her birth weight, so got a little happy about that :) though I still don't know if this is too low or what is required at day 12.. But I'm being positive :)

Mreow Mreow

Finally I can log into forum... Something happen to my password since delivery of bb till now...

Anyway congrats to all mummies, we all gotta jiayou from now on, be it bf or ebm or even cl.

Mummies with piles, I had mine too, so painful bt got this cream from pharmacy. Works like a miracle almost immediately. Called Preparation H Clear Gel. Do try it. Can get it from any pharmacy.

KeatBear, did you have piles before birth as well..?
Meltie u mentioned that u had it during bowel movement before your birth right?
Did u tell your gynae?
maybe he could have prescribed something to prevent it or reduce it?

meltie

KeatBear, did you have piles before birth as well..?
Meltie you mentioned that you had it during bowel movement before your birth right?
Did you tell your gynae?
maybe he could have prescribed something to prevent it or reduce it?
Hey mreow mreow, yup i had some form of prolapse(not painful, but just a blob of flesh that comes out when i exert abit too much during bowel movement) But it comes out n goes in by the day or the next day.. Gynae was aware of it.. but nv prescribe any medi leh..

After delivery , i dis not know it has come out even more, with hemorrhoids(some sores) around it.. which causes the pain.. and it doesn't goes back in, not even when pushed in.. slowly applying the cream hoping it will relieve the piles and shrink the flesh there... sigh.. so awkward to move about with something rubbing in between! Esp we're also wearing a pad for the lochia! :/ What to do......

purpur

Yes meltie,

Same feel hope it will not swollen n shrink back fast really pain even walk or sitting down .. :mad: n there is nothing we can do jus to apply cream ..

purpur

Hi mummies, wat color r ur ebm ?? Today is the 8th day after delivery .. my bf still v watery lei ..more to whitish... should it b more yellowish ?? tts is y my little boy keep crying for milk .. drink not enough n refused to slp ..

meltie

Hi mummies, wat color r ur ebm ?? Today is the 8th day after delivery .. my bf still v watery lei ..more to whitish... should it b more yellowish ?? tts is y my little boy keep crying for milk .. drink not enough n refused to slp ..
Hey purpur, i'm at my 9th day after delivery, my ebm also looks watery, but its yellowish color.. looks v thin and diluted.. :) I think should be normal as its mostly fluids from us..

Is there a difference in getting foremilk or hindmilk? Now i doing pumping at home, wanna chopchop fastfast, just pump both at same time , 5mins, break, 5mins, break, 5mins -store liao.. esp at wee hours, i lazy to massage to push more milk.. just now 3am got 72ml, 6am just done, got 97ml... zzzz don't know i managed to get hindmilk or not...

felicity

*rant* My bb in my in laws room now.. Mil gg to bathe her, fil doesn't take care of her, only like to carry her n play w her when she's not crying. Now she's crying n mil prepare water n all fil does is leave her on the bed n laugh at her n imitate her crying sounds >< so irritating! Feel like gg in n carry her out but dun wan to be rude.. They dun interact much w bb anyway cos most of her waking time I'm latching her in my room. Sigh, close one eye ><

Rodorsany

Ahwang kary n felicity.. My nipples are almost inverted.. Bb initial latch is a war bet me n bb n with pils... Now with consistent pumping.. Now nipples tougher (abit) n more out...lol bb latch better though still fight with me.. Even when she manage to suckle she still fuss... So jiayou u will get e hang of it

Mamadinosaur, thank.God ur gynea good... Jiayou n press on in bfing

felicity

On flat or inverted nipples:
http://www.motherandchildhealth.com/Breastfeeding/Becky/inverted.html

Most sites cited nipple shield as "last resort" which is why I stopped using after 2-3 weeks and I'm glad I did. I nv look back. Now I can just latch her without rushing around washing n sterilizing nipple shield w hot water etc.

meltie

Hey rodorsany, how do we get the hindmilk out? i pump 15 mins enough? skalli i everytime only stop at foremilk...

Hey ahwang, don't give up! My bb in NICU, i also feel like a bad mum, didn't take care of bb properly, caused her to get fever.. our thoughts can go down many different paths.. i only get to see my bb 1 hr plus a day.. and she only get to latch on in that 1 hr.. nurse oso monitoring and don't want me to over feed baby.. miss cuddling baby so much... she has the drip on her hand and is pinned down.. i try to make her smile but she is mostly hungry and crying for cuddle.. but i look out for the positive side.. she smiles abit in her milk drunk state after i unlatch her.. though not smiling to me.. but i believe she is happy.. :) Well as first time mum, we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves, set high expectations.. when we don't meet it, we'll feel very emo and sad... cherish your bb as your bb is a miracle from the start, though our lives will never be the same again.. no longer 2 person but taking on the responsibility of a little one till he or she grows up.. it's not gonna be ez, but we'll slowly get a hang of it! Hang on there!

Many of my friends keep reminding me to cherish this newborn moments w your little one.. its one of the easiest and most blissful.. seeing them sleep soundly and suckle makes everything worthwhile.. all the hospital bills, pain, slplessness, emo, etc.. let's draw strength from our bbs! They teach us alot everyday! Once they grow up and start running, we will be missing the times that they cry and wanna suckle and cuddle... :) Let's jiayou together!! Take lots of pictures!

Rodorsany

Meltie i read it from e avent guide no mention how long.. Guess depends on individual... E booklet encourage to feed bb full fm e first breast at each feed..

I realised aft latching e milk bal fm breast looks thicker

erlina040

Purpur, my BM looks yellowish and a bit thick, after pumping for 15 to 20 minutes. But, the initial 5 minutes was watery and white. Now I understand why I overfed my baby, coz I pump out first and feed on baby when she wants to be latched on after her fm. And I believe what she latch on is the hind milk which can make her very full..

Meltie, glad that you are positive and stay strong. With your positive attitude, baby will know and recover fast. Stay that way and keep us update on the progress of your baby..

Felicity, endure and have to really close 2 eyes at times. Not sure whether it's becoz they are not our parents, that's why we feel this way. Who will b ur baby's caregiver after you go back to work? Actually, I also don't like it when my in law keep talking to my baby in Malay, coz I don't understand. And pil, hubby and myself alr planned for her to take up Chinese in future. Not trying to be racist, if not I won't marry to a Malay hubby. Just feel that we can talk to her in English, ESP when they can speak English. They are planning to circumcise her, which I really worry.

Jiayou to our breastfeeding journey, regardless ebm or direct latching. :) always a joy to check up forum during pumping..

Angpq

Hi mummies, this morning my baby wailed for milk and I gave her 90ml fm, she finished all the milk but don't wan to sleep. Seem like not full, keep struggling n wailing. Then I decide to latch her awhile to coax her to sleep. When I latched her, she seem like wan to vomit after suck my nipple? Is she too full, or my milk taste different from fm or my milk is smelly? Why she give a sign of vomiting? Only the first few sucking, she will vomit after that is ok. She latch on properly.

Lingz12

Been feeding my 3 wks old girl 70ml ebm every 2.5 to 3hrs until yesterday.. She kept searching for my nipple everytime I carry her and it's onli 1hr after her last feed.. Wen I jus gently rock her, she will start screaming and demand for nipple.. Wen I latch her, she is still swallowing milk cos after unlatch, her mouth is wet with sme traces of milk.. So tink mayb 70ml nt enuff for her, decided to up it to 80ml yesterday..

This morning, fed her 80ml at 840am.. Now she's at my breast latching again 1hr later.. Dunno issit cos of the foremilk hindmilk thingy? My ebm mainly foremilk so she's nt full? Or do I realli need to up it somemore to 90ml? But upping 20ml in 2 days seem scary.. Esp wen she still regurgitates milk now..

erlina040

Angpq, that happen to my baby that day when I fed her and latch her as well. Her tongue keep sticking out, not like the usual sign that she wants latching. She end up vomiting at night, might hav overfed. Hence, I reduce my bottle feed to her and latch her on for comforting sucking, which might top up to her desire capacity. Not sure whether ur baby is experiencing the same thing as mine..

felicity

Meltie!! Love your attitude!! Stay positive n we'll all hang in there together! Your bb is a tough cookie n will emerge victorious from nicu!! I love seeing that smiley face in bb's milk drunken state too.. N talking abt taking pics.. I just took over 100 pics of bb this morning :x

Erlina, I stay with my in laws (or rather, my in laws stay with us) so they will be caretaker.. Which I'm not really in favour of but no choice, so just to keep an eye on bb longer, I took 5 mths unpaid leave... :/ who will be caretaker for ur bb later?

I'm ALWAYS checking the forum while latching... And im always latching! A bit post too much lol...

Angpq maybe she has wind so wailing n wanna latch for comfort?

Lingz, week 3 could be growth spurt when bb will ask for more milk or ask to latch more...

Angpq

Angpq, that happen to my baby that day when I fed her and latch her as well. Her tongue keep sticking out, not like the usual sign that she wants latching. She end up vomiting at night, might hav overfed. Hence, I reduce my bottle feed to her and latch her on for comforting sucking, which might top up to her desire capacity. Not sure whether ur baby is experiencing the same thing as mine..
Oh.. U also face this problem. Ya.. She sticked out her tongue when sucking my nipple. My mother n sister laughed at mi saying my milk is smelly that's why she don't want. My gal never vomit, she only sticked out her tongue seem like wan to vomit then I quickly stop latching.