Maid Agency Reviews

DVR

I have the same priorities and went for a Filipino and don't regret it. She's very good with my son, plays with him, knows the knack of handling his tantrums, feeding him, putting him to sleep even when he refuses to sleep at 11:30 pm, etc. She also teaches him many things and he's already speaking a lot at 16-17 months! On the other hand, as i mentioned my priorities to her during our interview, she doesn't give importance to cleaning and mops the rooms only twice a week or so. Cooking - over 1 year that she has been with us, she has learnt to cook our dishes and does a fair job...i still prefer to cook for my hubby on my own and get her help to chop veggies, do the prep steps and get her to do the cleaning after cooking is done. Works ok. FYI - I'm also a working mom and I don't even have any kind of support from the family as they're overseas. I looked at the maid's employment history (MoM record) to ascertain that she has not changed employers frequently and that she has prior exp handling babies and toddlers. The agency itself is not very important as long as they don't charge u a bomb and talk to u well (neither too much flattery nor bossy). Go by your intuition...Just sharing my personal experience, thats all.

jennifer1972

Hi humblelady, read quite a number of good review on Eelit and its agent Sherly... able to share your experience? How's your maid and the agent's service so far? I am looking for a Myanmar maid but dont't know which agent to go to. :(

Last edited:

humblelady

Hi humblelady, read quite a number of good review on Eelit and its agent Sherly... able to share your experience? How's your maid and the agent's service so far? I am looking for a Myanmar maid but dont't know which agent to go to. :(
Hello jennifer1972, experience with Eelit is really good! Have been recommending to my friends and relatives... all felt the same with the agency service. Just provide her your requirements and she will find a maid close to what you need! If you need her contact, you can call her at 82227346. Yah... mobile number. First agent i engage provides her mobile phone. Other agents I engaged all office number. So when i need their help after office hour, i gotta wait till next business day!

As for my maid, nothing much to complain about expect for her spoken English. But she is willing to learn and plus my family all close one eye also. As long as the maid does what is instructed, we are happy. Let me know if you need more info. :)

jennifer1972

Hello jennifer1972, experience with Eelit is really good! Have been recommending to my friends and relatives... all felt the same with the agency service. Just provide her your requirements and she will find a maid close to what you need! If you need her contact, you can call her at 82227346. Yah... mobile number. First agent i engage provides her mobile phone. Other agents I engaged all office number. So when i need their help after office hour, i gotta wait till next business day!

As for my maid, nothing much to complain about expect for her spoken English. But she is willing to learn and plus my family all close one eye also. As long as the maid does what is instructed, we are happy. Let me know if you need more info. :)
Thank you so much for the info. Contacted the agent, Shirley right? Will be seeing her today. Thanks!

bwlsg

Hi I have also recently engaged a Myanmar maid through Eelit (Sherly). I must say that the feel that you get from Sherly is that she tries to understand and cares about what you want. And I am also impressed that she will not hesitate to tell you the truth and manage your expectations (most if not all other agents will say good and yes to everything just to get the business).

And I also realized that she is especially apt in dealing with Myanmar maids as she has an in house Myanmar trainer and interpreter (Sandra) that has been very helpful and professional.

At the end of the day, the experience with Eelit was very heart warming and personal (I spent >3hrs at her agency and still felt welcomed).

jennifer1972

Gotten my maid from Eelit already. Arrived on Monday and very satisfied with the service. Maid is rather smart, takes great initiative and very polite. Hope this stays on!! And yes Eelit service is second to none! Sherly was indeed very patient and pleasant. Not the pushy type.

Wanted to take one of her transfer maid but she insisted I choose from her new biodata as the transfer maid doesn't fit my requirements. She rather take the risk of not transferring the return maid. Other agencies probably don't care and push the transfer maid out moment employer chooses her, whether fits the requirements or not.

Overall, very good experience with sherly. She really shows interest in understanding my needs. Best part is she helps to train my maid base on my few request before I pick my maid up. 2 thumbs up for Eelit!

Jmumi

Gotten my maid from Eelit already. Arrived on Monday and very satisfied with the service. Maid is rather smart, takes great initiative and very polite. Hope this stays on!! And yes Eelit service is second to none! Sherly was indeed very patient and pleasant. Not the pushy type.

Wanted to take one of her transfer maid but she insisted I choose from her new biodata as the transfer maid doesn't fit my requirements. She rather take the risk of not transferring the return maid. Other agencies probably don't care and push the transfer maid out moment employer chooses her, whether fits the requirements or not.

Overall, very good experience with sherly. She really shows interest in understanding my needs. Best part is she helps to train my maid base on my few request before I pick my maid up. 2 thumbs up for Eelit!

Hi,

Care to share what is the agent fees that you need to pay at Eelit? I'm seeing a wide range with other agency like $388 to over 1k.

Hi mummies,

Anyone got their maids from Faith Employment? Heard good reviews about them online, but would like to hear from you mums who have had first hand experience with them :)

mummywee

Hi All,

I'm new here and I'm a young mummy of a 15 months old girl. I'm currently facing the issue of getting a maid to help out because I'm sick of the mad rush to prepare her for infant care in the morning and all the other impromptu chores that needs to be done before I can leave for work (often end up late because of this) and rushing home after work to pick her up before her school and then rushing (again) to prepare her dinner before she starts getting cranky and sleepy. Have been putting off getting a maid because we wanted to take care of her ourselves (plus my mum is around to help out) and we didn't really fancy the idea of having a stranger around, as well as the usual headaches that comes along with having a maid. Today is one of the crazy days and I ended up getting into a screaming match with my mum. No one seems to understand that I have a job as well and can't afford to just waltz into the office at whatever hours I like. So i finally lost it and gave hubby an ultimatum. Either we hire a maid or I quit my job to go back to being a full-time mum. He chose to get a maid. Which explains why I'm stalking forums for info on getting a good maid now.

My priorities for a maid are;
1) Take care of my girl (getting ready for school, fetch her from school, prepare meals) so I can spend more time playing with her and teaching her when I'm home.
2) Housework (laundry, ironing, cleaning the house (about twice a week is fine), change bedsheets every two weeks, etc)
3) Cooking for family is preferred, though not compulsory (though it is a must to prepare meals for my daughter)

After a bit of research, I have rounded up three agencies;
1) Presslink Employment & Maid Agency
Agent: Titian
2) Eelit Placement Agency
Agent: Sherly
3) Prime Choice Maid Agency
Agent: Dawn

Anyone has other recommendations to make? Would appreciate all the help and suggestions I can get.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Hi Mummies (Daddies),

I am new to this forum and give birth to a lovely child on Feb 2014. Currently she is 5 months old and I got a hard time taking care of her. I need to work (running outdoor sales) and my mum is helping me to look after her. I know my mum is super tired after these few months and I got no rest too. After work I have to rush home every day to take over my mum's job and doing house chorus as well. Thus I have decided to look for a maid/helper to help us. I need someone who, first - Take care of my baby (who is 5 months old now), Sec - House cleaning & Third - Able to Cook.

Hence, would like to seek mummies and daddies advise/suggestion in regard of finding a good maid agencies. Thanks alot alot!!

- Which nationality does you guys prefer and why? Indonesian or Fillipino.
- What will be the suitable age which fits my requirement above?
- What are the things I have to look out for when engaging a maid agency?

It will be good if you guys can provide others informations which are not stated here. I am more grateful to listen :D
I will be going down to Prime Choice Maid at Raffles Place later, will share with you guys after that.

Thanks you Mummies & Daddies...
Hi RainbowPony,

May I check how the meeting with Prime Choice went? I'm interested in hiring a maid from them too!

Thanks!

Emm398

Hi, please call me at 96567489. I have a helper for transfer asap. No agency fees. Straight from employer.

Hi All,

I'm new here and I'm a young mummy of a 15 months old girl. I'm currently facing the issue of getting a maid to help out because I'm sick of the mad rush to prepare her for infant care in the morning and all the other impromptu chores that needs to be done before I can leave for work (often end up late because of this) and rushing home after work to pick her up before her school and then rushing (again) to prepare her dinner before she starts getting cranky and sleepy. Have been putting off getting a maid because we wanted to take care of her ourselves (plus my mum is around to help out) and we didn't really fancy the idea of having a stranger around, as well as the usual headaches that comes along with having a maid. Today is one of the crazy days and I ended up getting into a screaming match with my mum. No one seems to understand that I have a job as well and can't afford to just waltz into the office at whatever hours I like. So i finally lost it and gave hubby an ultimatum. Either we hire a maid or I quit my job to go back to being a full-time mum. He chose to get a maid. Which explains why I'm stalking forums for info on getting a good maid now.

My priorities for a maid are;
1) Take care of my girl (getting ready for school, fetch her from school, prepare meals) so I can spend more time playing with her and teaching her when I'm home.
2) Housework (laundry, ironing, cleaning the house (about twice a week is fine), change bedsheets every two weeks, etc)
3) Cooking for family is preferred, though not compulsory (though it is a must to prepare meals for my daughter)

After a bit of research, I have rounded up three agencies;
1) Presslink Employment & Maid Agency
Agent: Titian
2) Eelit Placement Agency
Agent: Sherly
3) Prime Choice Maid Agency
Agent: Dawn

Anyone has other recommendations to make? Would appreciate all the help and suggestions I can get.

Thanks in advance!! :)

Hi RainbowPony,

May I check how the meeting with Prime Choice went? I'm interested in hiring a maid from them too!

Thanks!

desireewu

Hi Ladies,
New to this forum and to SG. I'm working in SG and am 4 months into my first pregnancy with twins and looking for a maid agency that is reliable and listens to what we need. Obviously a solid understanding of new borns is going to be top priority. Anyone have any advice on where to start looking?
Help, guidance most appreciate.
Thanks D

wendy79

Hi, i recommend MDS , the maid agency i am using now. Not a big shop at katong shopping centre, but the branch CEO shirley and her assistant Jacqueline is very professional in answering our needs. They can skpye (or rather, let us skype the maids of our choice in their agency). For unforseen reason, the 2 maids that they gave me can't continue to work at my place, i was so disheartened and told Shirley I dont want to engage anymore. Shirley encourage me and assured me to give another try. She even offered to waive off all the replacement fees that's going to be imposed. Now I am waiting to find another suitable one.
Do PM me for her contact

Hi Ladies,
New to this forum and to SG. I'm working in SG and am 4 months into my first pregnancy with twins and looking for a maid agency that is reliable and listens to what we need. Obviously a solid understanding of new borns is going to be top priority. Anyone have any advice on where to start looking?
Thanks D

jennifer1972

Hi Ladies,
Thanks D
Hello desireewu, you should try engaging Eelit Placement. I got my maid from them after reading many good reviews of them in this forum. The agent Sherly is really as good as what people reviews about her... My experience with her was very good! Good luck!

junegoh

Thanks jennifer1972 and wendy79 - will get in contact asap.
Just confirmed my Myanmar maid with Eelit on Saturday. The agent - Sherly's service is really as per what the forum postings speak of her. You should really consider Eelit. Highly recommended!