After 1st bb, any1 care to go for #2?

Phoebii Cheng

I also think I would like to try for #2 cos' I feel tht 1 is lonely.....and plus u hv to be ur child's fren to play with them.....and plus next time got support for each other.....

Will b trying for bb again when my son turn 18mths......:tlaugh:

apollo

i always tot of trying for a baby girl when my BB is lik 2-3 yrs old.. (though nw BB still unborn yet la)

but i think hav to wait aft i give birth den confirm cause during my 1st 5mths preg, i told my hubby i dun wan a 2nd kid cos MS is v tough for me... aft tt, i told him that having 1 more kid is better cos can acc my 1st kid...

Recently, i got piles, den i told my hubby AGAIN that I dun wan a 2nd kid... HAHA...

Now i thinking of wanting a 2nd kid BUT i'm sure i will change my mind right aft i give birth...

Anyone wanna slap me like what my hubby feel like?? LOL

stonston

regina, MS is something u'll forget quickly. i had bad MS but i totally forgot liao.
you can do something about the piles before it gets worse.
start taking more fibre (fruits and vegetables). drink more water.
if u still hv problems with piles, ask doc for fibre drink (or can buy from pharmacy).
exercise ur anal muscles by squeezing and relaxing (start slow then go faster n more). it helps to build up the muscles and will also help when u deliver :)

apollo

regina, MS is something u'll forget quickly. i had bad MS but i totally forgot liao.
you can do something about the piles before it gets worse.
start taking more fibre (fruits and vegetables). drink more water.
if u still hv problems with piles, ask doc for fibre drink (or can buy from pharmacy).
exercise ur anal muscles by squeezing and relaxing (start slow then go faster n more). it helps to build up the muscles and will also help when u deliver :)
ya i agree tt we'll foget abt MS very soon.. LOL... my gynae got prescribe me some medi for piles but still on n off lo...

i wanted to hav 2nd baby partly is becos i wan 1boy 1 girl... can doll up girlgirl... but gonna wait till the 1st one know hw to talk, express his tots before having a 2nd one... Hopefully la.. LOL

apollo

Am I the only one who absolutely refuses to have a second child??
maybe when ur BB gets olderu'll wan a 2nd one?? cos i think for me, now i want a 2nd one but when just gif birth i'll say dun wan but eventually will still wan de lo.. LOL

sugarcookie

maybe when ur BB gets olderu'll wan a 2nd one?? cos i think for me, now i want a 2nd one but when just gif birth i'll say dun wan but eventually will still wan de lo.. LOL
That's what my mother says too! She told me to just wait, I will want a second bb.

loonshi

me too.. i'm also hav the thought of having a no. 2 cos its always good for no. 1 becos he will hav a companion. but the prob is $. Cos recently I jus quitted my job to be a stay at home mum cos my bonding with my no1 not that close. He prefers my mil more than me when she's around but when she's not he wants me.

stonston

loonshi, my son's like tt too. prefers my mum to me. but i'm ok with it. cos at least he still noes tt i'm his mummy n when he is injured, he still runs to me for hug hug.

I think children will eventually look for mummy despite having other care givers. :)

Would like to heave #2 but there are so many factors to consider.
Age, finance, childcare, living conditions etc :xFor me my dd was sort of a surprise :x

I think it's also partially because I missed out some opportunities to care for dd between the 0-6 mth period :( Would like to use my experience for the next child.

pink_daisy

i didnt plan for my second child..she came 2 yrs after my 1st child.. nw i got one boy one gal...quite contented liao.. frankly, having only one child got pros n cons lor... u can put all ur attention on juz tat one n only child but sometimes, u might end up spoilting him/ her.. n oso, he/ she has no playmate so sometimes, can b quite lonely.. but then hor, with more than one child, it's very noisy!!! everything oso wan to fight for.... but sometimes they treat each other very well...like sharing their food or watching the same tv programme together on the sofa...hv a talk with ur dh... got many factors to consider lor... $$$$ is main thing, who gg to take care of the kids...etc etc..

apollo

i didnt plan for my second child..she came 2 yrs after my 1st child.. nw i got one boy one gal...quite contented liao.. frankly, having only one child got pros n cons lor... u can put all ur attention on juz tat one n only child but sometimes, u might end up spoilting him/ her.. n oso, he/ she has no playmate so sometimes, can b quite lonely.. but then hor, with more than one child, it's very noisy!!! everything oso wan to fight for.... but sometimes they treat each other very well...like sharing their food or watching the same tv programme together on the sofa...hv a talk with ur dh... got many factors to consider lor... $$$$ is main thing, who gg to take care of the kids...etc etc..
agree! in SG, money is the main concern when it comes to "whether to have another kid" I once told my hubby, if we're really v rich, i dun mind having 4 kids... HAHA!!! but after preg, I told him, even if he's a millionaire, the max i want is 2.... cos can start to feel the "tiring" liao... haha!!

pink_daisy

agree! in SG, money is the main concern when it comes to "whether to have another kid" I once told my hubby, if we're really very rich, i dont mind having 4 kids... HAHA!!! but after preg, I told him, even if he's a millionaire, the max i want is 2.... cos can start to feel the "tiring" ... haha!!

i oso wanted a big family but living std too ex liao... is more lively with a bigger family but being pregnant n doing confinement is a nitemare so ive stopped at juz 2 kids..

nope, i don't want no. 2. simply because:
1) i preffer to be in control of my life and have things planned. i would like to give the best for my precious baby and give all my attention, time and focus to him/her.

2) i grew up experiencing siblings rivalry so i'm not close to my brother nor sister.

3) my baby will have friends once he/she goes to school and he/she have cousins so not worried he/she will be lonely.

4) though i have more than enough funds for 1 or 2 more babies, i'd preffer to save more rather than have just-enough every month. i'm the kind of person who must have financial security on top of everything.

5) the nausea-but-hungry-all-the-time feeling drives me nuts. lately i kept vomitting even though my first trisemester is ending. became insomniac and breathless since 6weeks pregnant. giddy spells 24hr. all this is enough to convince me i'n NOT gonna go through this the 2nd time.

this is just my personal thoughts, doesn't mean i don't enocourage others to have more babies..

jazz_sofia

my first one, a princess, is now coming to 34months. hubby and i would like to have another one, hopefully a boy, but not until my princess is 4 or 5yrs old...

shopaholic

I did ... and now even #3 is coming! :p

My first one was really easy to take care, she's a lovely girl, easy to please and slept through the night after 2 mths old. So we thot having #2 would be good and she's born when my #1 was 2yo. But my #2 was tougher to take care. At one point, I wonder why did I hv #2 ??? Now that they are 6 and 4yo, things are so much easier. They can play by themselves and getting more independent. Then #3 is conceived, but I'm sure this is definitely going to be my last. I dont think we hv energy for more! :p

CanCanMum

I did ... and now even #3 is coming! :p

My first one was really easy to take care, she's a lovely girl, easy to please and slept through the night after 2 mths old. So we thot having #2 would be good and she's born when my #1 was 2yo. But my #2 was tougher to take care. At one point, I wonder why did I have #2 ??? Now that they are 6 and 4yo, things are so much easier. They can play by themselves and getting more independent. Then #3 is conceived, but I'm sure this is definitely going to be my last. I dont think we have energy for more! :p
shopaholic babe~~~u sent all yr kids to childcare issit???

meiteoh

I'd love to have 3 kids max - this was before I delivered my first...but now, (maybe it's still early days), sometimes I tell my hubby that I'm reconsidering even having a second one (because of the move from Switzerland to France than to Singapore and all).

But I don't know really - it's hard to say, for us and me especially, if I don't want any more or if I want more. We'll see when the time comes - that's the policy I am adopting now.