Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Jasminekuek

Im happy to see this thread as i also encounter e same Hi anyone can share me e info pertaining my case? I been tot of filling a divorce as my husband don't care e family n e kids. He even act rude while we having dispute. My concern is e custody issue and place of stay aft i filling. Im a PR which sponsor by my husband, and im not working. I went to legal aid bureau b4, e staff over there advise me to get a job asap n get my employer to sponsor me in PR, but i cant go to work now, coz i need to take care my 2 sml kids. Furthermore my flat still less than 5yrs, so if to divorce, hdb will get back e flat. Can anyone advise me if you hv similiar case to me? Wat e judge will do normally? If i seek for lawyer frm legal aid bureau do i able to get gd help? I mean if my husband want to fight wz me in court, private lawyer izzit better than legal aid bureau lawyer?

hi, you really need to get a job to prove that you have a stable income. if not, how are you going to prove that youcan look after and feed your kids? perhaps get some childcare help and fight for maintenance $$ from your ex?

paperger85

After going through free legal consultations and discussion with other divorce parents, I decided that I will file my own divorce instead of going through a lawyer. As my divorce is uncontested, all I need to do is to submit all the application on my own which I estimate will cost me about $500 and I will save about $1.5k. I have already filed for maintenance and gotten the court orders. I am now taking my own sweet time to file the divorce papers. :)

hi, his name is Mr Ong, mobile no: 90219816. </title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> <meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css" /> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=7"/> <meta name="keywords" content="ong cheong wei, lawyer ong, If he didn't reply your call, probably he is in the Court. Just sms him your request, he will reply to you. All the best in your case.
Hi superbmothers, went to Mr. Ong as per your recommendation. thansk:)

yes would say mr. ong is good:) but 1 bad thing was that unlike other lawyers whom allowed instalment plans, he doesnt. i need to go borrow $ to pay off his fees:(

IcyTaz

he don't allow installment ar... mine will be a tough case. likely that man gonna fight for my boy etc...
How much is he charging?

Nah,his fees is standard for uncontested divorce,1.8k.prepare
about 500 for filing of documents etc.he will only file for settle down when you pay 1.8k...mine is uncontested;he everything also don't want

yep, the lawyer charged me @ 1.8k in total; in addition 200 for travel, communications etc. for those documents like writ of divorce, statement of claims etc, it's not included in the 1.8k; think i paid around 400-500 for those court documents. i went to him on the last week of July; paid 1.2k. the following week i paid the balanced lor. he would want to collect the balanced from you before settle down for trial.
hearing date was set on 27th Aug, will need to give him another 1k deposit for ancillary matters hearing; wont know how long this will take. he mentioned divorce hearing v fast de, chop chop ok liao>.<it's the ancillary matters that required time:(
eh no flat involved (lucky me); didnt want to apply house during our marriage coz somewhat i knew we wont last long...yes, i have a gal but he's giving up the custody & access etc...

Depressed mom

Babysakado,
Then total ard 2.3k-2.5k... then another 1k for deposit ...no instalment wor.. Haiz...

Anyone can get lawyer cheaper than this? pls advise

Papergal85,
can teach me how to file by ourselves?

yep correct:) 3X instalment lor considered. 1st time paid 1.2k, 2nd time 1.3k, 3rd time 1k deposit. infact, u can check with diff law firms; they usually have 6months instalment plans/ more. but acc to Mr. Ong, he didnt want coz sure need to chase payment from some clients de. so better for him to settle payment 1st...check around forums; btw is yours a contested/ uncontested? coz i heard of 1 law firm, Regent Law, that does uncontested @ 1.8k. payment wise, not sure. check with papergal85; she did it herself:)

IcyTaz

Any good &amp; sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Get married sign paper very cheap. Divorce paper very expensive lor... : (