Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Depressed mom

Hi all, I'm new here

I'm married in 2009 and had a baby gal of 18mths now. Wanted to end this marriage due to alot of unhappiness.
Can anyone recommend nice n affordable lawyer? Thanks

jespang

Hi mummies, I accidentally saw this thread. I used to work in law firm. My ex boss (lady boss) does alot of divorce cases n she pretty good in it. However, her charges can be ex as well. Her office is in Chinatown.

Depressed mom

Hi Jaspang,

How much is the charges like? I need to fight wif him the custody of my gal, flat n get maintenance fee from
him. I think it will cost alot right? I'm looking for affordable ones.

Depressed mom

Hi all mummies of previous posts,

Have ur settle your case? How much does it cost u? Appreciate if you can share the information wif me?

Thanks

jespang

Hi Jaspang,

How much is the charges like? I need to fight wif him the custody of my gal, flat n get maintenance fee from
I m not sure abt her fees. All I can say is that she is good in divorce. She will fight for her clients interest.

jespang

Hi Jaspang,

How much is the charges like? I need to fight with him the custody of my gal, flat n get maintenance fee from
I m not sure about her fees. All I can say is that she is good in divorce. She will fight for her clients interest.

hi jespang, is it located at chinatown point? i'm engaging her too... havnt start my paper but i hope she can help me seriously...

just checking, did you settle the terms in private with your ex first, before you approach the lawyer to prepare the paperwork? i need it to be cheap & good.

jespang

I think u hv misunderstand. I used to work in law firm n my ex boss does a lot of divorce matters. So after reading those posts, I m trying to help by recommending my ex boss to the mummies, if u gals really need a gd lawyer badly. But her fees can be ex depend on case by case

feathers

hi jespang, is it located at chinatown point? i'm engaging her too... havnt start my paper but i hope she can help me seriously...

just checking, did you settle the terms in private with your ex first, before you approach the lawyer to prepare the paperwork? i need it to be cheap & good.
If can settle with ex then settle privately with ex first. And if the relationship is still ok, on talking and reasonable terms, maybe can just hire one lawyer to do the paperwork and that'll be the cheapest. But if not, you can just get the lawyer to settle for you and you tell your lawyer what you want. Just never underestimate how ugly things can get, get a lawyer with fighting ability and not those cheap and only know how to do paperwork only. I was on talking terms with my ex and we have more or less come to mutual agreement on how to settle but things very quickly grow ugly and a number of things he come up with caught me by surprise, I am glad I engage a lawyer who still can protect me. I will not recommend her though, the bill in the end come up to be a little messy. I was quoted $1k for separation and $2.5 for divorce. I can't remember the $2.5 include court fees or not. Court fees should be $500 or $700, I can't really remember. Most lawyers charge extra if fighting for property or child custody, mine was only a hdb flat and we are surrendering back to hdb so nothing to fight. HTHs~

Depressed mom

Hi All,

Anyone know if flat under sole applicant n he is only occupier. Is this mean the applicant which is me can get the flat w/o fighting after divorce or even separate?
Or he can still fight for the flat??

feathers

Hi All,

Anyone know if flat under sole applicant n he is only occupier. Is this mean the applicant which is me can get the flat w/o fighting after divorce or even separate?
Or he can still fight for the flat??
The flat will be considered matrimonial property so he can fight for it. How much shares he can fight depends on how the flat is paid. If its paid through your cpf, its much easier for you to fight for the whole flat or at least a larger portion. If its paid through his cpf, its of course leaning towards his advantage.

Depressed mom

Hi Feathers,

The flat is paid thru my CPF n COV is paid by me too.
Though renovation most of it is by me, he did some too but only minor ones.

Do u know any lawyers that gif free consultation? I have so much things need to find out

hey depressed mom, i share the same case as yours too!! am having a headache as i paid for most of the flat so i dun see why he should even get back his cpf contribution after creating such a shitty mess for me to settle! super selfish man!!

milktea

Hi Guys, my wife is from thailand & she has a job here in sg(holding Q-pass not a PR yet). she tell me that she don like to stay in sg & want to bring our newborn baby (3week old) back to thailand n don want to come back sg. i did not do anyting bad thing or not gd to my wife. but my wife just don like SG. my baby in born in sg. got anyway to keep my baby stay with me?