Any good & sincere Lawyer to recommend for divorce/separation

Hi Poppy, are u staying in HDB and are u eligible to get hdb loan? If yes, then u can do hdb website to apply for HLE and take his share for the flat. No cash required only abt $200 for the processing fee. The rest can deduct from ur cpf. Unless the amt loaned u is lesser than wat u have to pay him then u need top up cash.

karoru

dear all mummies, i m thinking of organizing a support group for single mummies / mummies with similar situations ... wondering whether will you all be interested just for a session of sharing? i m not a single mummy but also having prob with my hubby recently... am also considering divorce though no wish to end up this path, too...

poppy

Hi Poppy, are u staying in HDB and are u eligible to get hdb loan? If yes, then u can do hdb website to apply for HLE and take his share for the flat. No cash required only abt $200 for the processing fee. The rest can deduct from ur cpf. Unless the amt loaned u is lesser than wat u have to pay him then u need top up cash.
Hi Princekitty, thanks. I'm aware of the HDB loan, but was hoping for a possibility that I can defer repayment of his CPF. With the change in CPF regs, I know that's possible, but just not sure what it takes for the judge to mk such a decision. And approx how much legal $ I would need to incur before that can be done.

If possible, would of course prefer to not be in debt. The amt he paid through CPF is rather significant. He doesn't need the money immediately, and he can always move back to his parents' house which will be his soon anyway. But if I were to have to "buy" over his share of our flat, I would be significantly in debt, which is a position I hope to try to be able to avoid, considering what lies ahead.

poppy

dear all mummies, i m thinking of organizing a support group for single mummies / mummies with similar situations ... wondering whether will you all be interested just for a session of sharing? i m not a single mummy but also having prob with my hubby recently... am also considering divorce though no wish to end up this path, too...
Hi Kaoru, I'm open to that. Would be good to be able to talk to pple in similar situations. Fortunately or unfortunately, most of my friends have never walked down this path before. Those who did, don't have kids, so things were much simpler for them.

karoru

hi poppy, glad that you are open to it... seriously i don really know how to organize it for the time being... shall i leave down my contact no here or what do you suggest? i have been thinking of moving out with my 20th mth old toddler for the whole morning but feel that it may be very selfish of me coz for my boy coz he just get used to his playgroup and there are changes again... i have mixed feeling... sigh

Why do u want to defer payment to him? It incurs interest. As long he agree to transfer the flat to ur name, just get it written on ur divorce conditions. But provided u had full custody of the child. U can go to hdb branch to check ur current flat outstanding and the loan u need to pay him. From there u can calculate ur monthly payment based on 30yrs .

Stifled

Hi im new here. Manage to chance upon this thread. Im currently going through a battle of Divorce for the past 2-3 years. It's been quite stifling for me and will appreciate if i can meet some people who are sharing the same experience as me so we can talk and help each other out.
Please let me know if there is a meeting organized. Will deeply appreciate it.
Thanks

karoru

hi stifled, i m currently arranging with another 2 mummies who are interested to meet up... can you pm me your email add so that i can include you in our email discussion? thanks

Homemaker

Hi,
i am new here. im going to meet mediation discuss next week.. i am a homemaker & sole caregiver to my 20 mths girl. i am worry about the future for my girl & me. Hope to get a good recom for lawyer too. cos i dont work, i am worry i cant afford after realised that it so exp.

willows

You are going for mediation for the ancillary matters?

Do you have any plan for your future? Like going back to work etc?

Homemaker

i have been a homemaker since i married & have been a sole caregiver to my 20 months old.. if i have to go back to work then have to put her to CC. i am worry about future. Do i have to stay in the stay house if separation?

willows

You mentioned that you are going for mediation. So your spouse has proposed something to you? Wether you can stay in the same house after seperation, it all depends on the agreement between you and your spouse.

Are you buying over his share of the house or is he transferring his share of the house to you? Or you are going to sell the house away and split the cost?

I know you are worried about your future, me too worried about mine. 1st of all, you may need to think where you would be staying after divorce, how to earn an income that will support both you and your child. You will be lucky if you could get some maintenance from your ex-spouse. You have to set a direction and move on.

For my case, I have a stable job, I have my parents to help me looking after my child. I intend to get my ex-spouse to transfer his share of the flat to me. But I still have worries and fear of our future. But don't worry so much. Settle what needto be done now. Things in the future will be much better then you have expected.

Jia you.

Homemaker

willows,

thanks for your advise & sharing.. so many things to plan.

i like to have the house ( 4A HDB) cos i dont know if after div he get married & wont give me $$

im 44 years old, not sure what job offer..sigh!
i love to sew & have been selling my handmade stuffs online since im pregnant cos i sew my girl stuffs & share online & surprise that order start coming in & i thankful its still coming in.
Everyday i am inspire by my girl to do new stuffs & share online.
Hope i will be able to do more after div.

Look forward to meetup with everyone here. Jiayou!

willows

Hi Homemaker,

How was your mediation?

I understand how you feel. I intend to takeover my ex-spouse share of the flat. But after taking over, it will be a financial burden to me although I have a stable income. But I intend to ask for more maintenance if possible to cover my future expenditure.

For you, you can also ask for maintenance to cover you and your child's expenditure. Wether he will be married or not, he still have to be responsible for his child's living. Go and ask for a reasonable maintenance. It's your right to do so.

Where did u stay? Your child is 20 months old right? Mine is also 20 months old.

Homemaker

Hi Willows,

i want the house cos i plan to work at home.. but i dont have money to buy his share. There is so many things on my mind now..

im at East-west..maybe can arrange a playdate 2 Airport. How to contact you?

willows

Hmm... Play date at airport is too far for me :) I stay at north.

Housing issue: try your best to get the house. You need it for you and your child. I heard that there are cases where the judge will get the husband to transfer his share of the house to the wife. Let your lawyer / judge know that you need a roof for both you and your child. I am sure your lawyer will help you out.

Don't think too much. Take thing a step at a time. Settle for the custody and housing issue first, then worry about the future. I always believe things will be better and will fall into places. We really can't worry too many things for the future.

Just to share with you. My ex still comes and visit our child everyday. I find that he is a pest now. Not sure what is in his mind. He is the one that choose to give up this family and yet still come back everyday to visit our child. He is just a selfish ass. What worry me now is he is trying all means to get the custody, care n control of our child.

paperger85

Hi mummies, I am also planning for divorce. Any good lawyers to recommend? I would like to get the divorce done asap as I cannot stand my husband and his mistress who has been together for 9 months. He said that he will not contest for our child's custody and has even agreed to let me change my 20 months old girl surname to my surname. Only problem is that he refuses to pay for child support which I will request for in court.

such an asshole! dun let him get away without child support! make sure he pays for the girl, need not change surname... since he wont contest better, get $$ from him, he need not visit the daughter and treat him as ATM.