Any ladies not working and trying to conceive?

arkin2010

financially should be no problem. it's the taking care part that is holding me back. my parents and parents-in-law are old and it will be tiring for them to help us take care. IMO, 2 is enough. at least got one companion.
so have you decided to be one more time daddy or???
Hmm I heard about adelina wong and keen to know more about her.I hope you can share more details eg
-package price during that time plus etc checkups,total overall how much you had spent at her clinic?
-waiting time before your wife turn and how long was each checkup with doc adenlina wong?
-labour day itself how long was doc adenlina wong with your wife?

J

justforgags

I do agree with you about the inaccuracy of Chinese doc diagnose at times. IMHO, Chinese doc are basically good for building up your health by prescribing you some herbs. I remember the Chinese doc I went to prescribed to me some medication to strengthern my kidney as she say it's good for men trying for a child.

My advice to those trying to conceive in vain: go for fertility checks first. If no problem with both then follow the gynae's prescription and instructions (plot chart, supplements, etc.) plus visit a Chinese doc to build up your health and fertility. But remember to have a 2 hr break in between Chinese and Western medicine dosage. Do not take both kinds of medicine at the same time.
I come across a forummer who went TCM aft consulting the gynae and her hubby sperm count was 10% and aft seeing the TCM and went back to chk on SA it was ZERO!! Wow!! This really freak me out man bcz i went to TCM first then O&G.

JJDad

hello,
Did your wife before pregnancy taking any herbs,vitamins or etc to build up health?For woman with weaker health like myself,do you have any advices?
Yes, my wife did take some Chinese herbs like Cordyceps (Dong Cong Cao in Mandarin). It is a very good Chinese herbs for building up one's health and demostrated 64% success rate in men suffering from impotence. But it is very expensive and its price has gone up tremendously recently.

See the below link to find out more abt Cordyceps and its benefits.

CORDYCEPS SUPPLEMENTS - INFORMATION, BENEFITS, USES, ADVANTAGES, FACTS

JJDad

so have you decided to be one more time daddy or???
Hmm I heard about adelina wong and keen to know more about her.I hope you can share more details eg
-package price during that time plus etc checkups,total overall how much you had spent at her clinic?
-waiting time before your wife turn and how long was each checkup with doc adenlina wong?
-labour day itself how long was doc adenlina wong with your wife?
one more time daddy? No thanks. I have twice the experiences already. I think it's enough. Right now taking all sorts of precautions whem ML :(

As for Adelina Wong,
-the package was $1000 plus (forgot the exact amount liao), which after signing up, no consultation fees will be charged, only medication. The package will go on until the day you deliver.

- waiting can be quite long (>1hr), esp. on weekends which they charge $10 or so more. Weekdays faster, <1hr. One tip is, go early in the morning. Much lesser crowd. Register first and request a call from them one patient b4 ur turn while u can go downstairs to have a bite. Checkup duration is abt 20min with scanning of the foetus.

-labour day itself, doc Wong had her 1st visit in the labour ward after DW had been coupled up with all necessary equipment like the device that plot the trend of contraction pain, etc. She will check everything is ok, esp the dilation of the vagina then will come back in intervals to repeat the checks on contraction trend and epidural dosage. Once she find that the dilation and contraction pain is gd enough to deliver, she will stay on and start the preparations to deliver.

DW pushed for 2 hrs for my first child as the baby size was 3.335kg. In the end, got to use forceps to assist the delivery. Second child only took 15 min as the baby weighs slightly less than 3kg.

JJDad

I come across a forummer who went traditional chinese medicine after consulting the gynae and her hubby sperm count was 10% and after seeing the traditional chinese medicine and went back to chk on SA it was ZERO!! Wow!! This really freak me out man bcz i went to traditional chinese medicine first then O&G.
Zero is a bit unbelievable. Did ur hubby release his sperms in whatever ways the day b4 or juz b4 he produced the semen sample? Coz there must be an abstinence of abt 3-4 days b4 the day he produced his sample for more accuracy of the test. And yes, he must clear off his sperms b4 the abstinence period to make sure the old and non-moving sperms are cleared out first b4 the new ones re-generate.

calynwong

Haha... just like to help people.. hehe:tlaugh:

Yup my gynae is Benjamin Tham.. when i with him... he is still with Kandang Kerbau Hospital... so i deliver my boy in Kandang Kerbau Hospital... As for the waiting time.. the longest i waited is about 45 Mins i think.... unless got other mummy who is going to deliver needs him.. then you gotta wait longer... I got a frenz who is seeing him now... i intro her too... his Package now at Thomson Medical Center i think is $650 from 4 Months till Birth... but of course not including delivery charges... When i was in Kandang Kerbau Hospital... my per visit him is about $75... Because that time when i was with Kandang Kerbau Hospital they got no package... so i needed to pay every visit...

As for private, of course is more diff... as in waiting time is lesser.. & also everytime will be the same gynae as you requested... but now since Benjamin is in Thomson Medical Center... is already consider private i guess.. that one in Thomson Medical Center is his own Clinic... you can go there & see him.. if you need his number i can PM you.. anything you need help can SMS me.. 91095809 ( Wendy )

As for the timing when he do the check for you... it depends... is about 20 mins... depending on what he checking....:tlaugh:
Hi Angelwendy, I am new to this forum. I am 38 this year and trying to conceive my 1st baby. Any tips for me? Do I need to go for a pre-pregnancy body checkup at any GP 1st before trying to conceive? Thank you :biggrin:

calynwong

Hi
I have quit my job couple of months back and trying to conceive. Wonder if there are any ladies currently in my situation? Would like to connect and share experiences... thanks!
Hi, me too in same situation as you :eek: we can share experiences together with the more experienced mummies. But I am 38 this year and trying to conceive my 1st baby.

arkin2010

Hi, me too in same situation as you :eek: we can share experiences together with the more experienced mummies. But I am 38 this year and trying to conceive my 1st baby.
HELLO!
Well you are considered high-risk age group.
Of course you can go for pre-pregnancy checkup if you want a detailed info conditions of both your hubby and your health.
But JJDAD did mention a point which I do agree is that most of us are able to conceive unless due to health problem,blocked fallopian tube or over-stressed.
How about self asking how good your health basically?Did you have high blood pressure,high blood glucose,high cholestrol...?How is your daily diet and lifestyle?Should you take up exercise more or eat more healthy?
In this forum,there are many tips to share around wor!

arkin2010

I come across a forummer who went traditional chinese medicine after consulting the gynae and her hubby sperm count was 10% and after seeing the traditional chinese medicine and went back to chk on SA it was ZERO!! Wow!! This really freak me out man bcz i went to traditional chinese medicine first then O&G.
Personally,I feel traditional chinese herb has not much harmful effects,It is the traditional chinese doctor on how the medicine is being prescribed and how accurate the judgement on the patient health and to use what herbs that are suitable for that particular patient.

calynwong

HELLO!
Well you are considered high-risk age group.
Of course you can go for pre-pregnancy checkup if you want a detailed info conditions of both your hubby and your health.
But JJDAD did mention a point which I do agree is that most of us are able to conceive unless due to health problem,blocked fallopian tube or over-stressed.
How about self asking how good your health basically?Did you have high blood pressure,high blood glucose,high cholestrol...?How is your daily diet and lifestyle?Should you take up exercise more or eat more healthy?
In this forum,there are many tips to share around !
Hello Arkin2010, nice to know you! Thanks so much for your good tips and advice, at the moment it seems we do not have such health problems but what I heard is pregnancy could bring out those small health problems in you and aggravating it, dunno how true. But what you said is very true, we must start to exercise more and watch our diet.

How is your progress coming along? Are you also trying for a rabbit baby? :biggrin:

arkin2010

Hello Arkin2010, nice to know you! Thanks so much for your good tips and advice, at the moment it seems we do not have such health problems but what I heard is pregnancy could bring out those small health problems in you and aggravating it, dont know how true. But what you said is very true, we must start to exercise more and watch our diet.

How is your progress coming along? Are you also trying for a rabbit baby? :biggrin:
Hmm ... I did heard that pregnancy could aggravate the present illness or health conditions eg high blood pressure,high blood glucose or asmtha...For this,let hope that there are others who are reading this can share their info with us....ANYONE???
I am trying to build up my health as I am quite weak.ALWAYS tired easily,didnt have good sleep as I always dreamt,appetite small and always gastric..
Due to working in supermarket,I always home and sleep at 1am,2am which I know is not good.I read that at a certain timing at night,our bodies are doing the repairing at that particular timing so it is good to sleep early,perhaps before midnight the latest.
I always get gastic as my eating food portion was smtimes small,smtimes big depend on my appetite.So this is where I try to eat more and eat the same portion to balance it.
And I learn to drink milk mini type 250ml,Anlene concentrated.I realise it helps lessen my gastric pain frequency.
I took folic acid too,bought from GNC,800mcg.
Exercising like walking is good for health after some time as it does circulates blood.
Of course I do hope I can have a rabbit bb.
Dragon year is coming and I suppose many mummies-to-be want dragon babies!!!

Hi TTC'ers..

i'm a newby in this site..

soo here goes..

My story..

Me 28.. Hubby 38.. Married 3 yrs.. TTC for 3 yrs..

we hv not gone for any check ups.. no BBT.. charting or whatsoeva..

1st try.. tot it would be easy.. and waLLLLaahhhh.. here we r.. stiLL trying..

i've started charting recentLy.. *Less then a mth*

and see how.. i aLSO made an appt for pap smear.. which i've never done in my Life.. and wiLL aLSO ask to be refered to fertiLiTy check up.. but sadLy hubby just dont wanna go for it.. *bummer

since i was married.. i stop working.. just to start a famiLy.. now.. 3 yrs Later.. no famiLy.. hmm..

chrish

Hmm ... I did heard that pregnancy could aggravate the present illness or health conditions eg high blood pressure,high blood glucose or asmtha...For this,let hope that there are others who are reading this can share their info with us....ANYONE???
I am trying to build up my health as I am quite weak.ALWAYS tired easily,didnt have good sleep as I always dreamt,appetite small and always gastric..
Due to working in supermarket,I always home and sleep at 1am,2am which I know is not good.I read that at a certain timing at night,our bodies are doing the repairing at that particular timing so it is good to sleep early,perhaps before midnight the latest.
I always get gastic as my eating food portion was smtimes small,smtimes big depend on my appetite.So this is where I try to eat more and eat the same portion to balance it.
And I learn to drink milk mini type 250ml,Anlene concentrated.I realise it helps lessen my gastric pain frequency.
I took folic acid too,bought from GNC,800mcg.
Exercising like walking is good for health after some time as it does circulates blood.
Of course I do hope I can have a rabbit baby.
Dragon year is coming and I suppose many mummies-to-be want dragon babies!!!

Hi Arkin!

hey i heard of that too..btw, on your gastric matter, try to drink a cup of warm condensed milk drink whenever you feel the pain..it always works for me :)

hehhe yeah i would love a baby rabbit or dragon..cos rabbit nice and guai and dragon supposed to be very intelligent:001_302:

chrish

Hi trying to concieve'ers..

i'm a newby in this site..

soo here goes..

My story..

Me 28.. Hubby 38.. Married 3 yrs.. trying to concieve for 3 yrs..

we have not gone for any check ups.. no BBT.. charting or whatsoeva..

1st try.. thought it would be easy.. and waLLLLaahhhh.. here we r.. stiLL trying..

i've started charting recentLy.. *Less then a month*

and see how.. i aLSO made an appt for pap smear.. which i've never done in my Life.. and wiLL aLSO ask to be refered to fertiLiTy check up.. but sadLy hubby just dont wanna go for it.. *bummer

since i was married.. i stop working.. just to start a famiLy.. now.. 3 yrs Later.. no famiLy.. hmm..
Hi there Iwant2BaMother!

Welcome welcome!:Dancing_wub:

I also didn't do any charting or temperature takings and also married for 3 years (Hey nice to meet another fellow 2007 exbride here hehe) I am also not working but occassionally called in as a relief teacher assistant for the local kindergaten here :) it's good to occupy my time a bit i think..

as for the pap smear, it's pretty fast one..although a bit discomfort cos stainless steel medical equipments will be used..personally i think i prefer a female doc:shyxxx:

chrish

hehe.. I already got two kids. one boy (3yr)and one girl(1yr). They are so adorable and are my everything. I love them so much that my wife sometimes told me that I neglected her.

I find that two kids are enough but my wife who loves kids wanted a third one which I strongly refused, citing reasons like tiredness taking care of them and financially draining...because of that, she keep wanting to ML without using condoms but I always insist coz I'm afraid of her conceiving again. She will always start to arouse me first and climb onto me, resisting me getting up to get the condom. So far we had ML many times without condoms and thank god nothing happens. Actually I dont like to use condom but I got no choice.

Does anyone of you facing the same situation as mine?
Hi JJDad-

not really exactly the same reasons but my husband had cancer before and it affected his libido and his swimmers..actually for your case if there's a chance of conceiving, it might be a blessing :) since many of us want to have children but can't :( but if it's really affecting you much, try to talk to her and compromise on things..

arkin2010

Hi Arkin!

hey i heard of that too..btw, on your gastric matter, try to drink a cup of warm condensed milk drink whenever you feel the pain..it always works for me :)

hehhe yeah i would love a baby rabbit or dragon..cos rabbit nice and guai and dragon supposed to be very intelligent:001_302:
Hi Chrish,
Me down with cough recently...haiz...everywhere people are coughing...milk I dont dare to drink actually but I now learning to drink..condensed milk ar???yuck yuck wor to add with warm water and just drink.But this remedies I will try at my wit end.
Let hope either rabbit or dragon year we can conceive le.

Hi there Iwant2BaMother!

Welcome welcome!:Dancing_wub:

I also didn't do any charting or temperature takings and also married for 3 years (Hey nice to meet another fellow 2007 exbride here hehe) I am also not working but occassionally called in as a relief teacher assistant for the local kindergaten here :) it's good to occupy my time a bit i think..

as for the pap smear, it's pretty fast one..although a bit discomfort cos stainless steel medical equipments will be used..personally i think i prefer a female doc:shyxxx:
ey heLLO 2007 Bride!!

hehe..

stress to think of ttc.. weird how it does not work.. even though trying to take it easy..

am gonna strt bbt soon..

pap smear nxt week.. scared of the results.. somehow i think i have problem..

every mth since 2004 14th to 19th day after mentral.. have this sharp pain..

went to hosp.. *via ambulance*

they said i have IBS..

but dont think soo also..

i think it is something else..

hope pap's will detect something *minor*

crossin my fingers

JJDad

Hi JJDad-

not really exactly the same reasons but my husband had cancer before and it affected his libido and his swimmers..actually for your case if there's a chance of conceiving, it might be a blessing :) since many of us want to have children but can't :( but if it's really affecting you much, try to talk to her and compromise on things..[/quotehope that ur husband is ok now. hmm...didn't know cancer can affect libido and sperms. Conceiving is definitely a blessing but I already have two blessings and that's enuf. I sincerely wish those who wants to conceive all the best and hope that miracles will fall upon you guys. Good luck!