Any mummies trying for 2011 baby?

Gen X

Try avoiding alcohol from now though. I hope I got the peak name right, the peak of your ovulation can be detected when you take the ovulation test. It tells you when you will ovulate
Ok thanks! I just started the ovulation test 2 days ago. So far no positive results. I read that some people may not get a positive reading at all. How's that possible? It should be a 24-36 hour window right?

I also read that too much caffeine may affect your chances of conceiving. So looks like I need to cut down on coffee, tea and green tea (my favourite!).

Gen X

By the way do any of you or your hubbies smoke? Mine does but he has cut down. I know it may affect the chances of us conceiving so I've been nagging him, but I also don't wanna overdo it, as I know he's stressed with work. Any advice on how to handle this? Trying for kid is also stressful, so I'm just trying to keep both him and myself relaxed. The worst thing to do is to get frustrated with each other.

Yes do cut down on coffee/tea. I love coffee and tea but when we were trying I cut it off completely. Yes it is possible to not be able to get a positive result but it's quite rare.

Always best to test at the same time each day. Easiest is to test everyday it will cost you more but it will also mean less chances of missing the vital period!

Ok thanks! I just started the ovulation test 2 days ago. So far no positive results. I read that some people may not get a positive reading at all. How's that possible? It should be a 24-36 hour window right?

I also read that too much caffeine may affect your chances of conceiving. So looks like I need to cut down on coffee, tea and green tea (my favourite!).

stonston

By the way do any of you or your hubbies smoke? Mine does but he has cut down. I know it may affect the chances of us conceiving so I've been nagging him, but I also don't wanna overdo it, as I know he's stressed with work. Any advice on how to handle this? Trying for kid is also stressful, so I'm just trying to keep both him and myself relaxed. The worst thing to do is to get frustrated with each other.
1. Cut down on smoking if quitting is hard.
2. Find alternative HEALTHY activities to relieve stress. E.g. Exercise (swimming is good)
3. Check out roughly when is your ovulation window, book a nice short getaway during that period. Stress-free, make love all day :p

26JMC

Hello everyone! it has been a while!
i did see familiar nicks posting but what about the rest like lawla, izanyam, shiseru?

miss u all soo much!

Gen X

Yes do cut down on coffee/tea. I love coffee and tea but when we were trying I cut it off completely. Yes it is possible to not be able to get a positive result but it's quite rare.

Always best to test at the same time each day. Easiest is to test everyday it will cost you more but it will also mean less chances of missing the vital period!
I've now switched to milo in the mornings. I'm ok with cutting back on coffee and tea, but is green tea counted? That's my staple drink! :(

I've been trying to do the ovulation test every day at the same time but it's been hard due to work commitments! But I try to stick within a window of 10.30am to 1pm. My cycle is also not very regular so it's quite hard to keep track. Hubby's work has also been stressful so it hasn't been v "conducive"... sigh. With everyone working so hard and being stressed, no wonder all of us are having trouble getting preggers! I'm sure it's also the food we eat, our lifestyles, etc.

Gen X

1. Cut down on smoking if quitting is hard.
2. Find alternative HEALTHY activities to relieve stress. E.g. Exercise (swimming is good)
3. Check out roughly when is your ovulation window, book a nice short getaway during that period. Stress-free, make love all day :p
Thanks for the tips. Yeah hubby has already cut down on smoking so I'm not gonna nag him cos at least he's trying. As for exercise, I run and/or swim twice a week. Hubby used to be v active but has stopped regular exercise for months due to his slipped disc. It's an old problem. I guess swimming is best.

Agree, holidays are always good! But my cycle is irregular so it's hard to plan. I ended up having my period during the holiday - argh!!

Gluttonish

Hello - I'm new here, and am trying for a 2011 baby as well.

just wanted to ask if anyone tested using fortel HPT? it claims to be able to detect pregnancy 7 days after conceived, but the price is also the cheapest on the rack. is it reliable?

My AF is due on 30 Nov, but the 2WW is just too agonizing for me!

I have been having sore nips and hunger pangs, and already put on 2 kg, so really want to curb myself if tested negative.:embarrassed:

I think it's still too early to test. Maybe you can test on sunday using a early HPT.

Hello - I'm new here, and am trying for a 2011 baby as well.

just wanted to ask if anyone tested using fortel HPT? it claims to be able to detect pregnancy 7 days after conceived, but the price is also the cheapest on the rack. is it reliable?

My AF is due on 30 Nov, but the 2WW is just too agonizing for me!

I have been having sore nips and hunger pangs, and already put on 2 kg, so really want to curb myself if tested negative.:embarrassed:

stonston

Thanks for the tips. Yeah hubby has already cut down on smoking so I'm not gonna nag him cos at least he's trying. As for exercise, I run and/or swim twice a week. Hubby used to be v active but has stopped regular exercise for months due to his slipped disc. It's an old problem. I guess swimming is best.

Agree, holidays are always good! But my cycle is irregular so it's hard to plan. I ended up having my period during the holiday - argh!!
Can ask doc to give you meds to regulate your cycle :)

Well you're nearly there at least!! I think I found out exactly 2 weeks from LH surge. But I didn't think it would happen since I felt as though my period was coming :)

Good luck!

Thanks!! was hoping there is a HPT that could save us the 2WW, am sure it will sell like hotcakes if someone managed to manufacture that!

Gen X

Can ask doc to give you meds to regulate your cycle :)
Oh really? Didn't know about such meds! ok to take them if u're trying to conceive?

I remember my GP told me that the chances of conceiving are higher when u take non-contraceptive pills to delay your period. This was a few years ago so I'm not v sure about the details as I wasn't trying to conceive at that time. But I remember he said these pills contain some kind of hormones that help to sustain the lining of the uterus.

But actually I'd prefer to stay off any meds while trying to conceive. Just prefer to be safe! These days I even refrain from taking panadol for headache unless it's really bad. I just use some axe oil and massage my head.

MoMoMum

By the way do any of you or your hubbies smoke? Mine does but he has cut down. I know it may affect the chances of us conceiving so I've been nagging him, but I also dont't wanna overdo it, as I know he's stressed with work. Any advice on how to handle this? Trying for kid is also stressful, so I'm just trying to keep both him and myself relaxed. The worst thing to do is to get frustrated with each other.
Hi Gen X, my hubby smoke too and it is difficult to try to get him off because of work stress.... i have the same worries as you, it is pretty frustrating trying to talk sense when the woman is trying her every means to get preggie :eek:15:

Gen X

Hi Gen X, my hubby smoke too and it is difficult to try to get him off because of work stress.... i have the same worries as you, it is pretty frustrating trying to talk sense when the woman is trying her every means to get preggie :eek:15:
Hi momomum, I've learnt that it's best not to nag or try to pressure your hubby to do something. They need to decide on their own. Of course you can gently nudge them in the right direction... So for me, I'm staying off coffee and alcohol and trying to eat more healthy food and exercise regularly. When hubby sees me going out of my way to take care of my body becos I'm trying to get preggers, he's appreciative and then he feels bad, and then he cuts down on unhealthy habits on his own accord. :)

MoMoMum

Thanks, Gen X, really appreicate your kind words to my feelings. I know sometimes, it's not easy for anyone to just quit or even cut down on smoking when they have been on it for many many years.... we quarrel quite a few times on his smoking habits... i feel very hurt as I find it difficult to understand why my hubby is giving me such a difficult time when it comes to preggy... he is not going to have the baby, it's me going through the pain if I am pregnant! How come it's so difficult for them to accomodate with our needs :( haiz sorry for the grumbles.... i wish he will one day be like your hubby, taking the 1st step to kicking or cutting down smoking by his own accord :) Thanks, Gen X

muffinger

Hi Ladies,

It s been awhile since i log on here.
I was affected by hb's SA test. My emotional has been like roller coaster ever since ..now feeling more composed.
we are now seeking treatment from TCM. hopefully God can send a healthy sticky bean soon.

Any one there on msn .. cam pm me and we can group chat .

MoMoMum

Hi Ladies,

It s been awhile since i log on here.
I was affected by hb's SA test. My emotional has been like roller coaster ever since ..now feeling more composed.
we are now seeking treatment from TCM. hopefully God can send a healthy sticky bean soon.

Any one there on msn .. cam pm me and we can group chat .
Hi muffinger, I know hb's SA test will affect somehow. Both of us when for our checks last month and our results were bad, but then the gynea ask hb to do 2nd SA test and it improve tremedously. I would say he was a bit shy and not comfortable with the SA test. The gynea ask him to take some vitamins and he say that it improves quite a bit for him health and sex drive. You should ask your doc for it, it may not be a mircle but it will help to build stronger soliders.... I hope this information could help and give you some light to your situation....

<, MoMoMum - michele>

muffinger

Hi muffinger, I know husband's SA test will affect somehow. Both of us when for our checks last month and our results were bad, but then the gynea ask husband to do 2nd SA test and it improve tremedously. I would say he was a bit shy and not comfortable with the SA test. The gynea ask him to take some vitamins and he say that it improves quite a bit for him health and sex drive. You should ask your doc for it, it may not be a mircle but it will help to build stronger soliders.... I hope this information could help and give you some light to your situation....

<, MoMoMum - michele>

Hi Michele,

Thks :)
TCM request to stop all supplements.. and wld like for hb to do 2nd test 4 mths later . hence now we are "tiao-ing" our body.

My hb's was his morophology ..

may i ask wat vits did yr hb take and how long has it been that he took before his 2nd test?