Any1 EDD in May 09?

I jus wanna do a rough poll here:-

Which of the first time mummies already opting for epidural or waiting for the actual day to come then decide need pain relief or not?

Cause Im still thinking and may want to inform gynae of my new choice :>
I'm not a first time mum but both of my 2 pregnancies, I wait until very pain den I opt for it... Thats my experience...

As for my gf's experience, she was telling me, she should not have opt for it immediately as like waste of time or something, bcoz her delivery process (labour time) very long. So she could not feel wat was it like....

ccckidsirene

My EDD is 8th May...is my 4th child....unplanned pregnancy..will go for ligation after this. I had epidural for the birth of my 2nd and 3rd kid..but hor got side effects leh. Ever since then will have backaches quite often :( But for this 4th 1 still go for epidural coz can't tahan the pain :'(

Yuki Miaka

gal....just curious.... for those natural birth... wat's the exact procedure like ?...

go hospital.. stay at deliver suit and wait until baby come out... then after baby come out what happen next??? at the moment when baby come out, do you still feel very painful or less pain? when the doctor do stitching, do you feel the stitch?? after that do you allow to shower before switching to new bed ? straight awaty we have to use maternity pad.. or we have to lie on bed without anything... wait for the blood to stop flowing before switching to new bed?

wat exactly is like before & after deliver? just curious..

Thanks

My EDD is 8th May...is my 4th child....unplanned pregnancy..will go for ligation after this. I had epidural for the birth of my 2nd and 3rd kid..but hor got side effects leh. Ever since then will have backaches quite often :( But for this 4th 1 still go for epidural coz can't tahan the pain :'(
For me so far so gd, cross my fingers. No backache... :D

gal....just curious.... for those natural birth... wat's the exact procedure like ?... See reply in blue...

go hospital.. stay at deliver suit and wait until baby come out... Yes then after baby come out what happen next??? Gynae sew for you lor. at the moment when baby come out, do you still feel very painful or less pain? It depends whether you had epidural or not, for me I dunno bcoz I had epidural when the doctor do stitching, do you feel the stitch?? Same ans as b4, it depends whether u had pain relief or not. after that do you allow to shower before switching to new bed ? Urm, shower definitely allow, it depends on ur mum or MIL whether they allow or not oso n whether u have the strength to do it right away. straight awaty we have to use maternity pad.. or we have to lie on bed without anything... My dear, dun worry, the nurse will put on the pad for you. wait for the blood to stop flowing before switching to new bed? That one depends whether they have bed available straight away after ur delivery, dun worry, hospital will arrange for u...

wat exactly is like before & after deliver? This question dun get u, u must elaborate. just curious..

anyway, hope my answers help you... :D Take care...

LoVeS

Can't help u on that. But heard its quite ex...
if do it straight after delivery it is nt ex~ A couple of hundred dollar more on top of ur actual bill BUT if u do it way after u gif birth then it will b a couple of thousands~

ccckidsirene

I'll still go ahead with the ligation. 4 kids already leh, cant afford to hv another 1! More kids more problems hor & also means spending more $.....My eldest son is hyperactive and my 2nd gal has a tilted head...so they both regularly need to go counselling and pysiotherapy..haiz...headache. Hopefully this 4th 1 comes out well..god bless.

Last edited:
I'll still go ahead with the ligation. 4 kids already leh, cant afford to hv another 1! More kids more problems hor & also means spending more $.....My eldest son is hyperactive and my 2nd gal has a tilted head...so they both regularly need to go counselling and pysiotherapy..haiz...headache. Hopefully this 4th 1 comes out well..god bless.
God Bless...

hi hi... i am new to this forum.. also delivering in May in TMC - their food is nice? where? :)
Ic. Congrats! As in the hospital food they provide for the mummies are nice!

I actually chance upon ur webby last night, how much are you charging for the pillows? and what is the dimension?

Yuki Miaka

gal....just curious.... for those natural birth... wat's the exact procedure like ?... See reply in blue...

go hospital.. stay at deliver suit and wait until baby come out... Yes then after baby come out what happen next??? Gynae sew for you lor. at the moment when baby come out, do you still feel very painful or less pain? It depends whether you had epidural or not, for me I dunno bcoz I had epidural when the doctor do stitching, do you feel the stitch?? Same ans as b4, it depends whether u had pain relief or not. after that do you allow to shower before switching to new bed ? Urm, shower definitely allow, it depends on ur mum or MIL whether they allow or not oso n whether u have the strength to do it right away. straight awaty we have to use maternity pad.. or we have to lie on bed without anything... My dear, dun worry, the nurse will put on the pad for you. wait for the blood to stop flowing before switching to new bed? That one depends whether they have bed available straight away after ur delivery, dun worry, hospital will arrange for u...

wat exactly is like before & after deliver? This question dun get u, u must elaborate. just curious..

anyway, hope my answers help you... :D Take care...

lol thanks thanks... at least i know a bit liao... i choose natural birth without epidural... depends ba.. if really very painful then maybe will ask for it. lol.

lol thanks thanks... at least i know a bit liao... i choose natural birth without epidural... depends ba.. if really very painful then maybe will ask for it. lol.
Hehe, no worries. My pleasure... ;)

For me, i will wait till very pain den I choose epidural lor... My tresh hold for pain thumbs down all the way... Kekeke

nucleus

Alpha Male
This is a very woman's topic.... and I apologise if I am intruding ....

I watched filmed the birthing process of my son, so I would like to share my perspective from the delivering "point of view" - no pun intended...

After my wife pushed (firstborn) until she was so exhausted... and my baby's head was still not fully exposed.... the doc... simply and without second thought... gently pushed the baby's head back in... and started to cut open my wife to widen the passage for the baby....(OUCH!!!) I had to turn away as I couldn't watch....

My wife is a O& G nurse and on recommendations from her colleagues who are also mothers.... she opted for 1st dose of epidural the moment she was wheeled into the labour ward (water-bag burst).... and 2nd epidural dose mid-way through regular contractions....

The good thing was she only felt very mild pain (neglible pain) throughout the birthing process... even when she was being cut open by the doc...

But 24 hours after delivery.... she was in alot of pain from the natural birth (mainly the after-effects of the cuts made by the doc) and even pain-killers did not help much

Feedback from other O&G nurse... is if you wait for the first signs of pain before asking for epidural.... it will be too late... because the drug about 20 mins to half hour or more to take effect. Some mums have terrible labour pain.

So if you already made a decision to take epidural.... ask for it the moment you are wheel into the delivery room.

This is a very woman's topic.... and I apologise if I am intruding ....

I watched filmed the birthing process of my son, so I would like to share my perspective from the delivering "point of view" - no pun intended...

After my wife pushed (firstborn) until she was so exhausted... and my baby's head was still not fully exposed.... the doc... simply and without second thought... gently pushed the baby's head back in... and started to cut open my wife to widen the passage for the baby....(OUCH!!!) I had to turn away as I couldn't watch....

My wife is a O& G nurse and on recommendations from her colleagues who are also mothers.... she opted for 1st dose of epidural the moment she was wheeled into the labour ward (water-bag burst).... and 2nd epidural dose mid-way through regular contractions....

The good thing was she only felt very mild pain (neglible pain) throughout the birthing process... even when she was being cut open by the doc...

But 24 hours after delivery.... she was in alot of pain from the natural birth (mainly the after-effects of the cuts made by the doc) and even pain-killers did not help much

Feedback from other O&G nurse... is if you wait for the first signs of pain before asking for epidural.... it will be too late... because the drug about 20 mins to half hour or more to take effect. Some mums have terrible labour pain.

So if you already made a decision to take epidural.... ask for it the moment you are wheel into the delivery room.
Huh? Epidural take 20 mins to take effect? How can that be? I'm a mother of coming 3, my 1st 2 I oso take when I start to feel heavy contractions. And the epidural take immediate effect for your info... If it doesn't take immediate effect, means the doctor could have inject into the wrong position...

And by the way, change ur SEX to MALE pls...