Any1 EDD in May 09?

I just gave birth 3 days ago on the 27th April although my EDD is on 5th May. But ive got no complains, though. cuz its my birthday, and now i get to share it with my DD.. =)
I went to the hospital (TMC) on 26th april, Sun, in the evening at ard 7 plus pm cuz I was having the regular-interval contractions since morning and a bloody show at ard 6 plus.
They sent me to the observation ward where I was strapped on to the fetal-contraction disc like thingy for them to monitor the freq. of my contractions. They also checked how much Ive dilated. It was SUCH a painful process, the nurse probed using her fingers (with gloves on, of cos) deep inside down there to feel the water bag. Ive opened 2cm only. So they wheeled me up to my room to wait till either my waterbag burst or theres another bloody show.

From 8pm until the next morning 4am, Mon 27th April, I was tossing and turning in pain due to the contractions but I still couldnt be sent to the labor ward coz my waterbag had not burst yet. But I requested to be sent anyway cuz there was a bloody show. They checked how much Ive dilated..guess what?? still 2 bloody cm!! I almost wanted to scream. I was determined not to take any pain relief for delivery, no epi, no jabs. They suggest that I take epi, maybe cuz they saw I was really in pain. =p
but i die-die said, NO.
one of the senior staff nurses then explained to me that it would be good if I take the laughing gas cuz that will help me to dilate faster. She also said that she understood that I dont wanna take any pain relief, and said that the gas DOES NOT take away the pain...just help to speed up the dilation so that I could deliver faster. After hearing that assurance, i agreed.
true enough, after 3 hours, and more intense contraction pains, my dilation was 7cm! and I was ready to push.

To cut story short, I spent almost an hr pushing and after being assisted by the nurses and my gynae and the vacuum, my princess popped out. =p

im still reeling in pain now at home...but seeing her face makes it all worth it.. :Dancing_wub:
Congrats! You are great! No pain relief, I sure cannot one...

Catty

Dear rosita, baby_sadako87

hi gal i have chg to TMC no more at Mt.A due to the pig sickness so my doc need to stay at 1 hospital. hai....
now i am 38 weeks but giving birth soon on anytime.
Huh??? If those mummies prefer to gave birth Mt. A than how ah? Got to change gynae ah? :err:

FannieMum

Congrats Norfen!

So lucky to share same bd..How i wish for it too :>

Ur quite strong minded don need epidural...Anyway Im going to give birth next week..sigh hopefully I can tahan like u.

Oh yes when u have recovered, show us ur bb photo !

limshirley

My EDD is next thurs, 7 May and i'm still waiting for my boy to come out. Yesterday went for my routine checkup and doc say i'm only 1cam dilated so ask me to see her in another week's time. Sigh...:swoon:

LoVeS

Loves, u going thru C section...? Sigh me due 4th May but baby no sign leh...
''

yupz going thru c-section n will b going to tmc instead due to the swine flu issue as all doc r only allow to go to 1 hospital only where as my gynae's most patients at tmc so he called me up last min to tell me tat haf to go tmc instead due to the NEW RULE for swine flu~

Feel kinda upset over tis as i was looking forward to gif birth at mt A again n aso now they restrict to 1 patient wif 1 visitor only which bcome my in laws or parents or frds cant visit me or my bb~ :embarrassed:

''

yupz going thru c-section n will b going to tmc instead due to the swine flu issue as all doc r only allow to go to 1 hospital only where as my gynae's most patients at tmc so he called me up last min to tell me tat haf to go tmc instead due to the NEW RULE for swine flu~

Feel kinda upset over tis as i was looking forward to gif birth at mt A again n aso now they restrict to 1 patient wif 1 visitor only which bcome my in laws or parents or frds cant visit me or my bb~ :embarrassed:
Wah, I very happy lor. 1 visitor only... If not my poor hubby gotta be taxi driver, drive his whole family to come and see me. Somemore need to take turns to fetch up and down. From his mother, sister, auntie, grandmother lah... Good...

Caroltpl

Wah, I very happy lor. 1 visitor only... If not my poor hubby gotta be taxi driver, drive his whole family to come and see me. Somemore need to take turns to fetch up and down. From his mother, sister, auntie, grandmother lah... Good...
Actually I felt happy about this too...not too much visitors..esp my in-laws cos during pregnancy i admitted before nobody bother to visit me except my family members...haha...

Hee thanks thanks!!
Ya nw hospital very strict. am still hospitalise but then they only allow 1 visitor. Yesterday wen my relatives came, all had to Q to take temperature.
Its true that limiting visitors is good. i had a very gd rest this time. For my 1st borned, relatives n friends came 1 aft another. no chance to sleep!!! then @ night cant slp also cos nurse will push bb in for bf.
If can bring ur lappy n mobile broadband. Can help to kill boredom!!! :001_302:

Dear rosita, baby_sadako87

hi gal i have chg to TMC no more at Mt.A due to the pig sickness so my doc need to stay at 1 hospital. hai....
now i am 38 weeks but giving birth soon on anytime.
oic...i still diao at Mt. A...me now 37 weeks liao, also giving birth soon, dr said earliest nx wk...wa lyk v fast sia...

LoVeS

Hee thanks thanks!!
Ya nw hospital very strict. am still hospitalise but then they only allow 1 visitor. Yesterday wen my relatives came, all had to Q to take temperature.
Its true that limiting visitors is good. i had a very gd rest this time. For my 1st borned, relatives n friends came 1 aft another. no chance to sleep!!! then @ night cant slp also cos nurse will push bb in for bf.
LOL tats wat i am doing too~ bring lappy along to kill boredom~ TMC dun even haf channel U lor :err:

norfen

Pics of my baby princess, Alya Marsya... now 6 days old. :wong19:

Hubs off to send her for her 1st check-up... i can't go out due to confinement.. am missing her soo much already! =((

Actually I felt happy about this too...not too much visitors..esp my in-laws cos during pregnancy i admitted before nobody bother to visit me except my family members...haha...
Haha, ya lor... I cannot stand they all treat my hubby like taxi driver. So what if he is the only one driving in the whole family. They got no legs and no money to take transport meh? For that entire 2 days I was in the hospital, I wanted HB to be by my side. End up, he always nt around. This time round, good man. Even my mum also happy for me. Haha

Last edited:
Hee thanks thanks!!
I have lappy but no MBB, so tot of bring PSP to kill boredorm... Hehe