Any1 EDD in May 09?

gal....just curious.... for those natural birth... wat's the exact procedure like ?...

go hospital.. stay at deliver suit and wait until baby come out... then after baby come out what happen next??? at the moment when baby come out, do you still feel very painful or less pain? when the doctor do stitching, do you feel the stitch?? after that do you allow to shower before switching to new bed ? straight awaty we have to use maternity pad.. or we have to lie on bed without anything... wait for the blood to stop flowing before switching to new bed?

wat exactly is like before & after deliver? just curious..

Thanks
Hmmm.. heee.. here i goes my long winded story. i gave birth on Oct 07 Normal delivery with laughing gas.
My water bag burst so i went stri8 to hospital. reach le they sent me to the observation room. U dont go into delivery suite immediately.
they strape u to the CTG machine to see bb heart beat. then do shaving, insert the liquid to make u poo(sory forgotten the word), check ur dilation.
Once dilated till abt 3 cm onwards, officially go into labour ward n wait. nurse will come in n out to check 4 dilation.
Gynae will come in only when bb is coming. b4 that will have few nurses attending to u.
When head crowns, gynae will do episotomy, deliver bb & then placenta. Next she will inject something i guess is painkiller then she starts sewing up.
When bb crowned is the mostttt painful moment but aft bb is out, immediately pain is like GONE!!!! u can only feel the gynae stitch u but numb not painful.
Nurse will clean u up, give u maternity pad to wear, push u back to ur ward.
u will not be going for any shower. only nurse will come in abt 2 hrs later to ask u go pee.
Feeling after labour after abt 3 hrs+. i stood up n walk to the toilet. felt unbalanced as the weight on the tummy is like gone!!! feel like goin to fall down.
we will be given a bottle of solution to clean our stitch. Not painful but feel swollen at that area. Stomach looks horrible as the whole thing sank downwards as it lost the elasticity & felt very soft like ah ma stomach. sorry ah i was so shocked that time aft my delivery aft seeing my tummy. so just mentioned to u prepared.

Yuki Miaka

Hmmm.. heee.. here i goes my long winded story. i gave birth on Oct 07 Normal delivery with laughing gas.
My water bag burst so i went stri8 to hospital. reach le they sent me to the observation room. U dont go into delivery suite immediately.
they strape u to the CTG machine to see bb heart beat. then do shaving, insert the liquid to make u poo(sory forgotten the word), check ur dilation.
Once dilated till abt 3 cm onwards, officially go into labour ward n wait. nurse will come in n out to check 4 dilation.
Gynae will come in only when bb is coming. b4 that will have few nurses attending to u.
When head crowns, gynae will do episotomy, deliver bb & then placenta. Next she will inject something i guess is painkiller then she starts sewing up.
When bb crowned is the mostttt painful moment but aft bb is out, immediately pain is like GONE!!!! u can only feel the gynae stitch u but numb not painful.
Nurse will clean u up, give u maternity pad to wear, push u back to ur ward.
u will not be going for any shower. only nurse will come in abt 2 hrs later to ask u go pee.
Feeling after labour after abt 3 hrs+. i stood up n walk to the toilet. felt unbalanced as the weight on the tummy is like gone!!! feel like goin to fall down.
we will be given a bottle of solution to clean our stitch. Not painful but feel swollen at that area. Stomach looks horrible as the whole thing sank downwards as it lost the elasticity & felt very soft like ah ma stomach. sorry ah i was so shocked that time aft my delivery aft seeing my tummy. so just mentioned to u prepared.
wow thanks for the detail info.. that's very useful...:D

Yuki Miaka

Its pretty similar to menstrual cramps...

Yup, braxton hicks is fake contractions, I get it like so many times a day...

same for me.. i had that contraction very frequently these few days.. in my 37 weeks now... i was wondering if i am going to deliver soon...

now as i walk, stand up from sitting position, change position when lying down.. i can feel the pain/cramp at the abdominal area.... sianz... and i cant stand on one leg... the pain will come.. dun know why..

same for me.. i had that contraction very frequently these few days.. in my 37 weeks now... i was wondering if i am going to deliver soon...

now as i walk, stand up from sitting position, change position when lying down.. i can feel the pain/cramp at the abdominal area.... sianz... and i cant stand on one leg... the pain will come.. dun know why..
Better jus take note,if it comes continuously for 1 to 2 hours and every 5 mins, den call ur gynae and double check already...

Yuki Miaka

Better jus take note,if it comes continuously for 1 to 2 hours and every 5 mins, den call ur gynae and double check already...
still not so frequent... about one day more than 10 times.. less than 20 times for the false contraction.

as for the pain/cramp at the abdominal area Hmmm... when stand up & change position when lying down then will have... do u have that kind of pain before ? is it really because of the weight of baby on my pelvis bone? or the bone try to widen the size to allow baby to sit on it?

still not so frequent... about one day more than 10 times.. less than 20 times for the false contraction.

as for the pain/cramp at the abdominal area Hmmm... when stand up & change position when lying down then will have... do u have that kind of pain before ? is it really because of the weight of baby on my pelvis bone? or the bone try to widen the size to allow baby to sit on it?
I see...
For me, its like morning wake up the V area quite painful, like blue black kinda pain lor. And funny thing hor, my 1st 2 I never experience such pain only my current baby yes. I also dunno how to explain to you...

Did ppl comment your tummy is lower already? Probably thats why our "der" so uncomfortable?

I'm a blur blur mummy... :D

Yuki Miaka

I see...
For me, its like morning wake up the V area quite painful, like blue black kinda pain lor. And funny thing hor, my 1st 2 I never experience such pain only my current baby yes. I also dunno how to explain to you...

Did ppl comment your tummy is lower already? Probably thats why our "der" so uncomfortable?

I'm a blur blur mummy... :D
yup yup.. the V area... lucky u mentioned it.. because i dun know how to describe it as welll... haha yah that pain/ cramp is at the V area...

i didnt notice whether my tummy got lower or not.. during between 2nd trimester to 3rd trimester,.. i cant wear my normal bra with extension but now i can wear it back again as i dun find it as tight as before.. onli the cup is tighter a bit...does it means my tummy drop or because i lose weight? i have been losing weight recently also... am trying to eat durian this week.. see if will gain weight or not.

yup yup.. the V area... lucky u mentioned it.. because i dun know how to describe it as welll... haha yah that pain/ cramp is at the V area...

i didnt notice whether my tummy got lower or not.. during between 2nd trimester to 3rd trimester,.. i cant wear my normal bra with extension but now i can wear it back again as i dun find it as tight as before.. onli the cup is tighter a bit...does it means my tummy drop or because i lose weight? i have been losing weight recently also... am trying to eat durian this week.. see if will gain weight or not.
You can wear ur normal bra now? Haha, I can't... Very tight... If I wear like going to get asthma anytime...
I also lost abit of weight, also dunno why...
Surprisingly this baby I got no craving for durian at all... Sigh... Yup, u can try, heard it helps abit...

FannieMum

hi yuki,

how many wks r u already?

im 39 weeks already n still not engaged! im like super wanna see my bb soon but bb still comfy inside!!

i oso have been experiencing blue black feeling at the V area.. seldom cramps at stomach though.

Yuki Miaka

hi yuki,

how many wks r u already?

im 39 weeks already n still not engaged! im like super wanna see my bb soon but bb still comfy inside!!

i oso have been experiencing blue black feeling at the V area.. seldom cramps at stomach though.

i am in my 37 weeks already.... today just see doctor, i told him about the cramp at the V area... he showed me via ultra sound scan.. and explain that it's due to baby's head rest on the area... that's why the pain....

he also done a vaginal swap for me today... saying it's a new requirement to do it when reaches 36 weeks. If the micro count is alot, then need to jab to prevent any infection... next week will know the result... so will be seeing him next week in 37 weeks.. i am not sure if he will check for dilation of what.... hopeful dun need....:S

i am not sure if other mummies also did that swap? because he mentioned it;s new requirement.

Caroltpl

i am in my 37 weeks already.... today just see doctor, i told him about the cramp at the V area... he showed me via ultra sound scan.. and explain that it's due to baby's head rest on the area... that's why the pain....

he also done a vaginal swap for me today... saying it's a new requirement to do it when reaches 36 weeks. If the micro count is alot, then need to jab to prevent any infection... next week will know the result... so will be seeing him next week in 37 weeks.. i am not sure if he will check for dilation of what.... hopeful dun need....:S

i am not sure if other mummies also did that swap? because he mentioned it;s new requirement.
I just did my swap test last week and will get the results next week checkup..

norfen

I just gave birth 3 days ago on the 27th April although my EDD is on 5th May. But ive got no complains, though. cuz its my birthday, and now i get to share it with my DD.. =)
I went to the hospital (TMC) on 26th april, Sun, in the evening at ard 7 plus pm cuz I was having the regular-interval contractions since morning and a bloody show at ard 6 plus.
They sent me to the observation ward where I was strapped on to the fetal-contraction disc like thingy for them to monitor the freq. of my contractions. They also checked how much Ive dilated. It was SUCH a painful process, the nurse probed using her fingers (with gloves on, of cos) deep inside down there to feel the water bag. Ive opened 2cm only. So they wheeled me up to my room to wait till either my waterbag burst or theres another bloody show.

From 8pm until the next morning 4am, Mon 27th April, I was tossing and turning in pain due to the contractions but I still couldnt be sent to the labor ward coz my waterbag had not burst yet. But I requested to be sent anyway cuz there was a bloody show. They checked how much Ive dilated..guess what?? still 2 bloody cm!! I almost wanted to scream. I was determined not to take any pain relief for delivery, no epi, no jabs. They suggest that I take epi, maybe cuz they saw I was really in pain. =p
but i die-die said, NO.
one of the senior staff nurses then explained to me that it would be good if I take the laughing gas cuz that will help me to dilate faster. She also said that she understood that I dont wanna take any pain relief, and said that the gas DOES NOT take away the pain...just help to speed up the dilation so that I could deliver faster. After hearing that assurance, i agreed.
true enough, after 3 hours, and more intense contraction pains, my dilation was 7cm! and I was ready to push.

To cut story short, I spent almost an hr pushing and after being assisted by the nurses and my gynae and the vacuum, my princess popped out. =p

im still reeling in pain now at home...but seeing her face makes it all worth it.. :Dancing_wub:

isabellesng

Dear rosita, baby_sadako87

hi gal i have chg to TMC no more at Mt.A due to the pig sickness so my doc need to stay at 1 hospital. hai....
now i am 38 weeks but giving birth soon on anytime.

Last edited: