big baby

YuFFie

You are not alone...

When 20 weeks scanning, sonographen also mention that my baby head circumference is above average.

Not only the head circumference but also the weight of my baby..... -_-"

I checked with my gynae, she did mention the baby is growing well and ask me not to worry....

I hope I can natural give birth without epidural.
My gynae also ask me not to worry. Still can go through natural birth. But how not to worry? Nowadays, during each appt, i would wan to know the head circumference. Haha.

Triquetra

currently at week 36. baby is already 2.6kg. haha. guess i really got quite a big baby. next visit is next week.

how are you coping with your preggie? No MS i hope?
I think yours is average.
My bb barely put on any weight after 35 weeks, at first I still kept calling her little fatty =X

hueychye79

currently at week 36. baby is already 2.6kg. haha. guess i really got quite a big baby. next visit is next week.

how are you coping with your preggie? No MS i hope?
I am fine. Just start to feel breatheless recently. :embarrassed:

Tummy getting bigger and bigger also cause me cannot sleep well at night..

You choose to natural give birth or c-sec?

Visit gynae tommorrow and I guess my baby weight is heavy.. :001_302:

bellerichez

I am fine. Just start to feel breatheless recently.

Same i also felt the same way. But for tummy wise i felt my tummy is getting heavier, when i walk must put my hand to support my tummy.

Triquetra

It's very hard to judge big or small baby.
My bb seems to stop gaining.

29 weeks - 1.5kgs
33 weeks - 2.0kgs
34 weeks 6 days - 2.7kgs
37 weeks - 2.8kgs
38 weeks - 2.8kgs

newbie2009

I think yours is average.
My baby barely put on any weight after 35 weeks, at first I still kept calling her little fatty =X
haha. i guess your baby must b feeling "sad", thus not put on much wt for that week. i guess so long our baby is healthy, that is alll that matters.

newbie2009

I am fine. Just start to feel breatheless recently. :embarrassed:

how did your gynae vist went today?

I know how the feeling is like, like sit also uncomfortable, lying on the bed also uncomfortable, just try to endure, very soon baby will b out. Which week are you at now?

You should try to sleep on your sides more often, esp on your right side, will help to alleviate the pain.

I am intending to go for natural birth. u?

newbie2009

It's very hard to judge big or small baby.
My baby seems to stop gaining.

29 weeks - 1.5kgs
33 weeks - 2.0kgs
34 weeks 6 days - 2.7kgs
37 weeks - 2.8kgs
38 weeks - 2.8kgs
hey its a good thing that your baby seem to stop growth at 2.8kg. I guess sometimes its due to the fact that our tummy has got no more space for him / her to grow.

so long your gynae did not say anything about your baby being too small, it should b fine. have faith in yor gynae.

hueychye79

how did your gynae vist went today?

I know how the feeling is like, like sit also uncomfortable, lying on the bed also uncomfortable, just try to endure, very soon baby will b out. Which week are you at now?

You should try to sleep on your sides more often, esp on your right side, will help to alleviate the pain.

I am intending to go for natural birth. you?
Everything is good.

Baby weight is about 1514gm and already turn down.

I am 29weeks and decide natural give birth..

Next gynae visit is 3 weeks later and gynae ask me to watch out my diet because I gain weight 2kg in 5 week. :embarrassed:

Don't know where is the weight gain from?? :err: Because I just eat 3 meals....

Triquetra

hey its a good thing that your baby seem to stop growth at 2.8kg. I guess sometimes its due to the fact that our tummy has got no more space for him / her to grow.

so long your gynae did not say anything about your baby being too small, it should b fine. have faith in yor gynae.
How are you feeling recently?
Does your tummy feel very hard?

newbie2009

Everything is good.

Baby weight is about 1514gm and already turn down.

I am 29weeks and decide natural give birth..

Next gynae visit is 3 weeks later and gynae ask me to watch out my diet because I gain weight 2kg in 5 week. :embarrassed:

dont't know where is the weight gain from?? :err: Because I just eat 3 meals....
how much wt have u gain so far?

newbie2009

So far gain about 10kg... :shyxxx:

I still have 10 weeks to go and I heard that the third trimester, the weight gain very fast....

I hope I wouldn't over 13kgs....:err:
Indeed at the 2nd trimester, your wt will balloon rather quickly if u are not careful with your intake. Baby will grow rather fast too.

ohstrawberry

I felt much relief now after hearing abt big babies. Now at my 26th wk, my gynae commented my baby is overweight at 1047g compared to normal 800g. I had to go thru the OGTT test to test my glucose tolerance, gynae scared i got diabetes.
The results not out yet, but i hope everything is ok. I dun mind bigger babies though, cause alot of my workmates delivered naturally big babies at more than 3.2kg to 4kg too.

hueychye79

Indeed at the 2nd trimester, your wt will balloon rather quickly if you are not careful with your intake. Baby will grow rather fast too.
Newbie, my tummy actually not grow too much.. :err:

Hope it won't strech too much out of sudden, it not my strech mark sure increase a lot.... :embarrassed:

I am about 31 weeks now..

Heard that the third trimester the baby will increase a lot, is it means the tummy will grow bigger and bigger?

newbie2009

Newbie, my tummy actually not grow too much.. :err:

Hope it won't strech too much out of sudden, it not my strech mark sure increase a lot.... :embarrassed:

I am about 31 weeks now..

Heard that the third trimester the baby will increase a lot, is it means the tummy will grow bigger and bigger?
Dun tell me about stretch marks. If I can use any word to describe my marks, it is like zerbra crossing.

Yes, as time goes by, your tummy will grow bigger and bigger. Currently, I am not even able to see my feets when i stand up straight.

Stan

dont tell me about stretch marks. If I can use any word to describe my marks, it is like zerbra crossing.

Yes, as time goes by, your tummy will grow bigger and bigger. Currently, I am not even able to see my feets when i stand up straight.
the stretch mark cream i put thick thick... see if this helps? so far i dont see any stretchmarks (yet)......
I cannot cut my toenails cos now tummy bigger and cannot bend.... excuse to go for pedicure....:001_302:

i think unless the baby is really stress out or there is complication, I don't think the baby weight is a factor for natural birth