big baby

newbie2009

the stretch mark cream i put thick thick... see if this helps? so far i dont see any stretchmarks (yet)......
I cannot cut my toenails cos now tummy bigger and cannot bend.... excuse to go for pedicure....:001_302:
I have been religiously applying the cream, but still got the stretch mark. Haiz. So upset now.

Its been a long while that i reached for my toes. Now, when I stand, I cannot see my toes anymore liao.

newbie2009

i think unless the baby is really stress out or there is complication, I dont't think the baby weight is a factor for natural birth
I guess most gynae are concern if the baby is big, their head will also grow proportionally bigger. And if the mum is the petite sort, it might pose some difficulty for the baby to come out naturally.

Stan

yup, the weight will affect the size of the baby.... the head bigger will definitely be harder to come out. Have heard stories abt how some babies too big and docs will suggest C-section.

pinkwipes

Newbie, my tummy actually not grow too much.. :err:

Hope it won't strech too much out of sudden, it not my strech mark sure increase a lot.... :embarrassed:

I am about 31 weeks now..

Heard that the third trimester the baby will increase a lot, is it means the tummy will grow bigger and bigger?
My tummy grow quite alot in this 3rd trimester.
Though my tummy is considered small for a 8.5 month, I still apply the cream every single day.

Stretchmarks like to creep out of no where and spoil everything.
Luckily for me, so far so good, thanks to hubby and my tummy being small. :)

hueychye79

My tummy grow quite alot in this 3rd trimester.
Though my tummy is considered small for a 8.5 month, I still apply the cream every single day.

Stretchmarks like to creep out of no where and spoil everything.
Luckily for me, so far so good, thanks to hubby and my tummy being small. :)
I am almost 8 months, not really feel the tummy is heavy when I go shopping.

Just sometimes feel breafless if walk too much.. :embarrassed:

About strech mark, I don't have much too :tlaugh:

newbie2009

I am almost 8 months, not really feel the tummy is heavy when I go shopping.

Just sometimes feel breafless if walk too much.. :embarrassed:

About strech mark, I dont't have much too :tlaugh:
how is your wt coming along? we are entering the final stage of pregnancy le. jia you lor. how big is your baby currently?

hueychye79

how is your wt coming along? we are entering the final stage of pregnancy . jia you . how big is your baby currently?
Next week is the appointment to visit gynae.

So far, gain total 10kg ...

Baby weight can only know next week.

Hope will grow about 2kg..... :001_302:

How about you?

You are about 38weeks already, is consider full term...

Did your gynae check your dilate?

Last edited:

newbie2009

Next week is the appointment to visit gynae.

So far, gain total 10kg ...

Baby weight can only know next week.

Hope will grow about 2kg..... :001_302:

How about you?

You are about 38weeks already, is consider full term...

Did your gynae check your dilate?
yes week 38 is considered as full term. my baby is currently at 2.9kg at week 38. Will be seeing my gynae again next thur

eileenpxp

I felt much relief now after hearing about big babies. Now at my 26th wk, my gynae commented my baby is overweight at 1047g compared to normal 800g. I had to go thru the OGTT test to test my glucose tolerance, gynae scared i got diabetes.
The results not out yet, but i hope everything is ok. I dont mind bigger babies though, cause alot of my workmates delivered naturally big babies at more than 3.2kg to 4kg too.
hihi..what a relief....managed to deliver naturally, induced birth though...hmm...gynae advised me to proceed with induced birth @ 37 weeks + as baby is already 3.7 kg according to scan....! might not be able to deliver naturally...

heed the advice and the birth process was quite smooth. lucky cervix was dilated to 2 cm before admitted to hospital...:) weight of the baby: 3.63 kg, 52 cm long baby boy ...process takes around 3 hrs from contraction time...hmmm..:)

my 2nd baby...very lucky indeed...and my weight gain like last time was only 10kg..... (my 1st baby gal delivered @ 3.605 kg)

:red:

dont think too much mummies out there!
Relax

babymummy

i went for checkup when 30weeks, baby weigh 1.6kg
checkup during 32 weeks, baby weigh 2.62kg
coming monday is 34 weeks.. don know how heavy baby will be =)
my baby consider big or normal?

lubani2003

Hi everyone, i had same cases too. I'm now at 37+weeks pregnancy, my gynae told me tat my baby is quite big weight at 3.5kg. That make me worry n dare nt eat too much recently..if baby reaches 3.8kg need to go for c-section..

-jOanna

i went for checkup when 30weeks, baby weigh 1.6kg
checkup during 32 weeks, baby weigh 2.62kg
coming monday is 34 weeks.. dont know how heavy baby will be =)
my baby consider big or normal?
my baby 34weeks de time 2.4kg my gynae say very big le.. den i scared, din eat much and 36 weeks 2.5kg+ lol ... den he say ok..

Hi everyone, i had same cases too. I'm now at 37+weeks pregnancy, my gynae told me that my baby is quite big weight at 3.5kg. That make me worry and dare not eat too much recently..if baby reaches 3.8kg need to go for c-section..
37weeks 3.5kg.. wah.. mine 2.9kg.. if 38weeks really 3.8kg better go for c-sect.. but my gynae dat day juz helped a lady deliver a 4.1kg 1.. so no necessary c-sect, unless u dun wan risk induce + emergency..

Ting

actually, even if u dun eat anything, baby will still absorb the nutrients n grow.
so doesnt matter whether u eat alot or very little.

-jOanna

wow....i thought mine is the biggest :tlaugh:

Mine my was delivered on the 37weeks....weight 4.26kg...her first child?
yah her 1st 4.5kg is a son :tlaugh: and her second 1 38weeks she decided to c-sect again and came out 3.8kg (baby girl) ... she told me she ate a lot .. just feel like eating lor.. 1 day eat 1 kg of longan and rambutan ... makes me so itchy-heart sia .. but i CONTROL ~ btw my fren not fat de, she short and petite -.- pei fu her..

SunShine07

yah her 1st 4.5kg is a son :tlaugh: and her second 1 38weeks she decided to c-sect again and came out 3.8kg (baby girl) ... she told me she ate a lot .. just feel like eating .. 1 day eat 1 kg of longan and rambutan ... makes me so itchy-heart sia .. but i CONTROL ~ btw my friend not fat , she short and petite -.- pei fu her..
wow, then her bb must be very smart, aborsob all the nurtrient from the mummy....

i dun eat alot during prenancy also....but my boy take in all the nutrient from me:tlaugh:

-jOanna

wow, then her baby must be very smart, aborsob all the nurtrient from the mummy....

i dont eat alot during prenancy also....but my boy take in all the nutrient from me:tlaugh:
my friend told me that her doctor told her to STOP EATING so much if not baby cannot deliver naturally.. but in the end also c-sect cuz doctor say 4.5kg her life might in danger also.. she small size maybe? cuz angmoh their babies also big but no life danger.. haha

jasobias

My aunty was just telling me the other day how she gave birth at 34 weeks n my cousin came out 3.5kg!!!I almost fainted when i heard tht.Lucky not full term or how to take out man?!!hahahha