Chit Chat for MTB in 1st trimester

shanney

Hi all mummies to be,

I am now about 5weeks pregnant and I did not take any folic acid as yet. After reading everything about folic acid and the developing fetus, I'm so worried now.
My first appt with the gynae will be next wed, can I buy the folic acid from pharmacy now or do I need to wait till the gynae prescribe it to me? Thanks!
hey, you can go to the pharmacy to get one.. best to get started on folic asap.. u can buy blackmore brand de.. my gynae say its ok..

JanetJones

Hi all, just to check any of you had tummyache with cold sweat and nuasea feeling in week 8 of pregnancy? My tummy like alot of gas too.
I have been feeling nausea & been vomiting since week 8 + full of gas (burping & passing gas even now & then). But no cold sweat, is it bcoz you are hungry?

CalistaLicious

I have been feeling nausea & been vomiting since week 8 + full of gas (burping & passing gas even now & then). But no cold sweat, is it bcoz you are hungry?
Nope dun think its crazy. Nt sure izzit the real
tummy ache. But im feeling alot better le. Just tt at times my abdominal gets cramp.

zaclin29

Nope dun think its crazy. Nt sure izzit the real
tummy ache. But im feeling alot better le. Just tt at times my abdominal gets cramp.
Try to monitor what u eat that caused the gas... When u are pregnant, certain good gives u alot of gas..
For me, mushroom gives me bad gas so i will avoid it... some lentils and beans also gives u gas...

elephant81

Hi all mummies-to-be just like me, am into 7weeks+. Glad to see all the mummies here to sharing and chatting anything to everything here! ;) Juz came to realise 3 weeks ago that am pregnant after back from my honeymoon. Always feel very bloated, cramp in the stomach and nausea without vomitting and backache the whole day, always have not much appetite too.Not much of snacking in the night time but always have mini meals in between if not i will feel giddy and faint- have this exp for twice (really so afraid of tis feeling). Now don't really like sweet stuff, find it rather very sweet and would like to go more for saltish stuff.It's really so agitating and moody at times..:001_07:

Currently have not decided which hospital to go to- Parkway East or Thomson Medical?Any recc?
Though i will be seeing my sis gynae at Parkway for the 2nd time this sat, so see if i can asked how much is the pre natal packages like as well as delivery charges stay.

Im on my 11weeks yesterday... almost done with 1st trisem...

Hi all,

I am first time mum here on 11 weeks now , Wamy which is same with you too :)

Can i know whether your Dr. have ask you gals go for any OSCAR test (at 11-14 week) or TRIPLE test (at 20weeks) ?

mflee1312

Will b doing my amnio test on the 12 april, am kinda of worried and scared.

Hi all,

I am first time mum here on 11 weeks now , Wamy which is same with you too :)

Can i know whether your Dr. have ask you gals go for any OSCAR test (at 11-14 week) or TRIPLE test (at 20weeks) ?

Will b doing my amnio test on the 12 april, am kinda of worried and scared.
mflee, you have done your OSCAR so now proceed to amnio test... hope every smooth for you.

I am now hesitate whether to take OSCAR or TRIPLE test. As i do research, the TRIPLE test stime giving you false result too.
then dr. will ask to go for amnio test. And OSCAR test cost not cheap too. May I know how much cost you to do the amnio test?

So difficult to make decision.

Wammy, so you skip the test . may i know how old are you?

mflee1312

nope did not go through oscar test due to my age (40). so gynae advised to go for amnio test straight away.

mflee, you have done your OSCAR so now proceed to amnio test... hope every smooth for you.

I am now hesitate whether to take OSCAR or TRIPLE test. As i do research, the TRIPLE test stime giving you false result too.
then dr. will ask to go for amnio test. And OSCAR test cost not cheap too. May I know how much cost you to do the amnio test?

So difficult to make decision.

Wammy, so you skip the test . may i know how old are you?

crystaloves

nope did not go through oscar test due to my age (40). so gynae advised to go for amnio test straight away.
hi ladies im here to share my firsy pregnancvy after two ectopics experience ...i tesyed positive yesterday and went to the gynae this morning... my gynae did a scan on my tummy not the transvaginal type and he saw a dot.. the macvhine measured my pregnancy ar 5w1d +/-10 days... so this means good news?

Low83

Hi all MTB, do give more advice on the first trimester...... Have been feeling weak and bad nausea throughout the day..... It seems bad.... Any advice on this?

I seriously admire those MTB to be able to work even though feeling the same as me.....

Dragontail

I read in this thread that having gas is quite norm for morning sickness. I've been burping on and off whole day. Sometimes it attacks in the office and I feel it is too loud :p Because of the gas, I tend to eat little instead. A full meal at one sitting is just too much of a discomfort after that. Other than that will be feeling of puking (just a feeling; not real throwing out), and fatigue (but it's getting better everyday). Last 3 days I started to feel stomach ache (like diarrhea ache). First day I had the full blown diarrhea and next 2 days I get that tummy upset feeling. I didn't eat anything wrong (in fact ate little only). Is this normal?

Low83, I find taking sour prune does help to ease the nausea a bit.