Craving for instant noodle

hearty

I am 8 weeks pregnant and keep craving for instant noodles. I bought a few of my favourite flavours and keep it just in case I crave for them (the asian groceries store that carries my favourites is an hour drive from my house). I end up eating 2 to 3 times a week...totally satisfied but feel guilty.

Does anyone crave for instant noodle too?

I had a craving for hot dogs. The ones on the bun with the whole works. I did eat instant noodles but I try very hard not to. I also craved for all kinds of curries. Now in my 32nd week. Eating is difficult coz i get heartburn easily.

stangela

haha..i have craving for bread..all kinds of bread..even those plain wholemeal kinds..i dun like plain bread before i got pregnant..a funny and cheap craving of mine for now....haha..i m now in my 16wks.no craving for instant noodles at the moment..

try puting lesser instant powder if u eat those noodles..:)

angela

MrsNeo

I've cravings for instant noodles during my 1st trim too. But now will try not to eat it as it's also not very good for baby.

SH74

i think it's not v good to eat too much instant noodles whether u r preg or not. read fr some email b4 that u can only hv instant noodles every 3-4 days. by then, the coating on the noodles not in body alr.

for me, i dun hv craving for instant noodles. but i hv craving for ALOT of those white flour stuff (e.g. guo tiao, bao, chee cheong fun, chwee kweh,...) and ice cream. 1 funny craving i hv during pregnancy is fish balls which i seldom touch normally.

CanCanMum

ya lor, cannot eat instant noodles always because it is coated with some wax and yr digestive system takes 3 days to clear and get rid of the wax, so cannot eat regularly...hahaha, but really love maggie noodle with half-cooked eggs...yumyum...

actually i din eat any during pregnancy...coz got aji-no-moto...bad for baby.

hearty

I heard hot dog also cannot eat but i don't know why. But I didn't crave for it anyway.

Talking about MSG, if you eat outside sure there'll be MSG. I wonder if I drain the instant noodle with hot water after boiling it, will it help reduce the wax?

Besides I also crave for fish ball, which I used to like eating.

January84

I am 8 weeks pregnant and keep craving for instant noodles. I bought a few of my favourite flavours and keep it just in case I crave for them (the asian groceries store that carries my favourites is an hour drive from my house). I end up eating 2 to 3 times a week...totally satisfied but feel guilty.

for instant noodle, first u have to boil and cook the noodle without the powder, cos u need to get rid of the wax first, super harmful to both u and BB, then in another pot, boil water with the powder. This is more safer, cos the wax is very bad for health.

for me, my cravings now are pratas and ice-kachang while my first preggy was bread toast and lemon biscuits. :001_302:

badtzzz

haha..my cravings r those sweet stuff like ice cream n puddings...kind of stop eating rhose durin my 3rd tri...

had a few packets of instant noodles as well w luncheon meat...super bad, unhealthy...but sth my hb too lazy to bring me out to eat...

norfen

I'm in my 11th plus week now, and I can still remember that I craved for salmon sushi so bad during my early weeks. haha..the one thing that we preggers should avoid, is the very thing that I was craving for!
but i gave in to that temptation once in awhile la... just one or two pieces. Never more than 3. Just needed that fresh fish taste on my tongue, and that could leave me sated for weeks!
i'm trying to do some self-control now, though...its my first pregnancy and I don't wanna take any risk... I can pay back my sashimi-debt after i give birth next year!! hehhehe.....

Last edited:

CanCanMum

yes u r right! After confinement and once u hv reached safety zones its payback time!!!

i ate tubs and tubs of icecream after pregnancy, coz its pay back time!!!

Cheers to perseverance!!!

qristeele

I craved instant noodles in my first trimester too!! I guess my palate just wanted something salty and chewy and soupy and yummy!! LOL!

Hi,
Yes me too crave for instant noodle as well during 1st trimster. I can eat 3packs at a time. haha! I can eat at least 3times a week.

Bt when get into 2nd trimster i crave for Laksa/mee siam & mee rebus. I even bought those pre-made laksa sauce frm NTUC to cook at hm so i can eat as much as i can. :Dancing_wub:

Haha! Is very funny, i hate instant noodle b4 preggies as i hate the MSG...bt my bb like it...i tried nt to add into too much of the MSG bt add more veggies. :Dancing_tongue:

CynCyn

My 1st pregnancy almost everyday i eat instant noodle for supper due to craving as well . But now 2nd pregnancy I try to avoid it as not really good for baby .

badtzzz

I'm in my 11th plus week now, and I can still remember that I craved for salmon sushi so bad during my early weeks. haha..the one thing that we preggers should avoid, is the very thing that I was craving for!
but i gave in to that temptation once in awhile la... just one or two pieces. Never more than 3. Just needed that fresh fish taste on my tongue, and that could leave me sated for weeks!
i'm trying to do some self-control now, though...its my first pregnancy and I don't wanna take any risk... I can pay back my sashimi-debt after i give birth next year!! hehhehe.....
hahha...im also a sashimi craver...but since the gynae says no RAW food..i be quite good and nv touch them, exepect those sushi with a bit of fish roe?? lol

cocraze

My 1st pregnancy almost everyday i eat instant noodle for supper due to craving as well . But now 2nd pregnancy I try to avoid it as not really good for baby .
same as you, I've been craving instant noodles as a fix for savoury foods, which helps appease the MS a bit. Before, I've always had a sweet tooth, but now I find I prefer salty food better. hubby also stop me from eating instant noodles even though Im hungry at weird timings of the day. ask me eat bread/biscuits etc. so I be good mummy and dun eat instant noodles.
but dunoe how long I can withstand...

Domique

I crave for instant noodles when I preggie too.

HAHA tot I was the weird one. Then I was still commenting that the baby in me easily satisfied with instant noodles, heng for my hubby not those far far famous food that he need to travel!

stonston

i craved for maggi mee during pregnancy too. my hb will cook the noodles in distilled water, then remove and rinse with another pot of clean water. then the soup he'll boil pork bone soup to eat with the noodles.

he try not to use the seasoning in the maggi packet cos he say alot of MSG, not good for baby.