Delivering in TMC anyone?

paul

When I press bell, nurse come and either ask me to wait or never return with my request... That is the diff...

No need to bring baby clothes, they will provide a top, swaddle blanket n mitten, bottom wear diaper n no socks cause baby will be swaddle up.
My first nite, I pressed bell for 30 times at nite, before someone finally attended to me. Not recommended to stay in anythin beside 1 bed .. as u cant rest properly if ur neighbor on the lights, visitors etc .. and no privacy .. The food is quite ok ... and the lactation consultant is quite helpful .. However ... I feel they can be quite short handed at nite shift .... Bt my hubby think the nurse job is v difficult .... The delivery suite is quite short handed as my induction date is a "hot" date ... They also forget to pass me my lotion for my wound until I requested ...

Mrs Ang is my PD, she is quite pro thou quite fast in consultation ....

Hi... i juz received the letter f0r TMC f0r c0llecti0n 0f the g0ld drag0n figurine.. dunn0 h0w it l00ked like..
Can S0me1 attached the pic?? C0z i dunn0 whether itS w0rth c0llecting n0t...

Tannie

My first nite, I pressed bell for 30 times at nite, before someone finally attended to me. Not recommended to stay in anythin beside 1 bed .. as u cant rest properly if ur neighbor on the lights, visitors etc .. and no privacy .. The food is quite ok ... and the lactation consultant is quite helpful .. However ... I feel they can be quite short handed at nite shift .... Bt my hubby think the nurse job is v difficult .... The delivery suite is quite short handed as my induction date is a "hot" date ... They also forget to pass me my lotion for my wound until I requested ...

Mrs Ang is my PD, she is quite pro thou quite fast in consultation ....
Yes, they are extremely short handed! U are right, my neighbour snore so loudly! Lucky thing is I am not bothered with snoring noise as I prefer some noise then totally quiet type...

Shalynn. Many thanks for the details. I almost bought a changing mat. Info helped. Tq.

As for the figurines maybe for single or premium ward ?
hmm someone from the fb group actually called tmc and asked, and they said it's for all. and someone who's in 2 bedder room also got it.. so hopefully it's really for all babies.. hahaha..

Wanni

Thanks for answering, Wah. They even give figuring.. I hope I Wun encounter bad room mate during my stay. I'll be taking 2 bedder want :)

MamaDT

Hey Jofeny,

Between I understand u mentioned b4 that you've been vomiting throughout the trimesters, wonder if ur weight has any gain and baby comes out healthy? I am worried coz I am puking my indigested meals at night nowadays at week 22 already... Tried all ways but still puke.... Weight isn't gaining much for me. Although have done the detailed scan at week 20, that BB is at normal weight but I am just worried about the overall till delivery tt BB is nt taking enuff nutrients. =(

Jofeny

Hey Jofeny,

Between I understand u mentioned b4 that you've been vomiting throughout the trimesters, wonder if ur weight has any gain and baby comes out healthy? I am worried coz I am puking my indigested meals at night nowadays at week 22 already... Tried all ways but still puke.... Weight isn't gaining much for me. Although have done the detailed scan at week 20, that BB is at normal weight but I am just worried about the overall till delivery tt BB is nt taking enuff nutrients. =(
Oh dun worry, my bb is big (in my opinion)! Ha..

My bb is 3.24 kg as of week 38 though I puke thru out.

I put on a total of 12kg upon delivery. But I'm small built. Pre preg weight is 42. Upon delivery is 54kg.

U dun need to worry abt your own weight. As long as baby weight is healthy, u r good. In fact, it's normal for mummies to drop their weight in third trimester. My weight also drop in third tri but bb weight increase.

Bb r v smart de. Whatever they wan, they take from you. Example: If they not enuff calcium, they jus take from u. So u no need to worry they dun have enuff, as an adult, u sure got reserve somewhere. N the oldies believe, even if u puke, your body already absorb some of it. Jus like those bb that loves to puke milk, usually they r quite fatty too.

During preggy we need not eat for 2. I watch a documentary. First trimester we jus need extra calories of half an apple each day. Trimester 2 is one apple. Third trimester is 2 apples. n we r talking abt calories. V easy to achieve de. Dun worry.

As long as bb weight go up, u r fine.

FYI, I'm a lazy mum. I din eat multi vit, calcium or fish oil. Multi vit / calcium: once a blue moon. Fish oil totally never touch cos I'm puking n I think I will puke more if I eat the fish oil. End up my bb is healthy. A little jaundice but able to discharge the same day as me.

Last edited:
I understand now that it's better to bring our own things to Tmc cos they charge everything. Does anyone have a list whSt should bring to Tmc? It is better to get our own pads or is theirs better?

Jofeny

:)

Hi Cherry,
You can bring some extras of disposable panty, maternity pad n cotton wool (or balls. To clean your breast before n after bf).

Bb stuff u dun worry, they provide everything

MamaDT

Hi Mummies,

Just to check if anyone brought breast pumps and bring their own storage milk bags for delivery in case they need to express bm and store bm in storage milk bags during their stay in TMC? Does TMC actually provide glass bottles to store bm in case the bm really flows out in 2nd or third day stay at TMC?

hayashi43

Hi Mummies,

Just to check if anyone brought breast pumps and bring their own storage milk bags for delivery in case they need to express bm and store bm in storage milk bags during their stay in TMC? Does TMC actually provide glass bottles to store bm in case the bm really flows out in 2nd or third day stay at TMC?
i brought my own pump with storage bottles but not storage bags..i stayed 4D3N, nurses would push e babies in when it was feeding time and they would teach u how to latch on properly. I only tried my breast pump e last night before i discharged..and e breastmilk i pumped, we just pass to e nurse for them to feed my babies and they stored e milk somewhere and return us our own bottles...

anw, 1st few days e supply most probably would not be too much, but i am not sure issit apply to everyone...=)

dbecks

Hi All

My wife is due next month and I have just made a deposit of $1.2K on doctor fees today so that they can book the bed.. was that necessary? Also, could anyone advise how much to pay upon admission for 4 bedder as well? Can medisave be used from the start? Thanks in advance. =)

kwokm

Can those whom have delivered at TMC advise if carpark coupons are provided for 2 bedded or only Pte suite. Pm me for more details.

This is my first time delivering at TMC. But my earlier experiences at other hospital is medisave can be used but only upon discharge.