detail scanning @ 20weeks

xynthia18

my gynae told me can clear bowel for the detailed scan. I went for amino test beginning this week at Thomson Medical Center and they also help me do a detailed scan but baby is just 17+ weeks so certain things still cannot see clearly. I get to see my baby gender ! its a princess~ very cute~ hehehe

Although i sort of had my detailed scan.. but baby only 17+ weeks so i still got to go back end of the month to complete my detailed scan .
Hi P4nic ! you went for amnio test also? i done mine on thurs at my gynae clinic. i don wana do it but my hubby keep insisting. =( what was your result for the oscar test ?

P4nic

Hi P4nic ! you went for amnio test also? i done mine on thurs at my gynae clinic. i dont want to do it but my hubby keep insisting. =( what was your result for the oscar test ?
Amino and Oscar different rite? I nvr took Oscar.. mine i all took separately on different week. 1st trim i took the NT scan.. then beginning of 2nd trim i took triple test. triple test is the blood test which 4 tubes of blood are drawn. My down syndrome test ratio very borderline 1:250 which is the cut off. My hubby wants me to go do the amino test which is more accurate than the triple test.. i just done mine last Monday.. i opt for the express report too.. and got the ans for down syndrome in 2 days time.. doc say normal so no need to worry.. but 2 weeks later will come back with another report on detailed chromosomes disorder (if any).

the amino test quite painful hor.. where did u do urs? how much u pay huh?

PTB7476

Amino and Oscar different rite? I never took Oscar.. mine i all took separately on different week. 1st trim i took the not scan.. then beginning of 2nd trim i took triple test. triple test is the blood test which 4 tubes of blood are drawn. My down syndrome test ratio very borderline 1:250 which is the cut off. My hubby wants me to go do the amino test which is more accurate than the triple test.. i just done mine last Monday.. i opt for the express report too.. and got the ans for down syndrome in 2 days time.. doc say normal so no need to worry.. but 2 weeks later will come back with another report on detailed chromosomes disorder (if any).

the amino test quite painful .. where did you do urs? how much you pay huh?
Oscar and amino are diff test. your blood test and scan can be part of OSCAR test ( remember you said the sonographer said the baby look ok in some thread) and yes Amino is more accurate. but how come you still need to go for more detailed chromo disorder test, the blood test should have given your result for 3 Chromo disorder already.

btw i am surprised you had amino test at TMC, didnt Glenangle has the facility for that ?

xynthia18

Amino and Oscar different rite? I never took Oscar.. mine i all took separately on different week. 1st trim i took the not scan.. then beginning of 2nd trim i took triple test. triple test is the blood test which 4 tubes of blood are drawn. My down syndrome test ratio very borderline 1:250 which is the cut off. My hubby wants me to go do the amino test which is more accurate than the triple test.. i just done mine last Monday.. i opt for the express report too.. and got the ans for down syndrome in 2 days time.. doc say normal so no need to worry.. but 2 weeks later will come back with another report on detailed chromosomes disorder (if any).

the amino test quite painful .. where did you do urs? how much you pay huh?

yup. i did my oscar test which my test ratio came up to 1:214 despite my age(23). so doc rec me to do amnio. i did not opt for express cus have to pay additional 300 bucks. so gotta wait for 3wks for the report to come out. how come there's another report ? yea it's kinda painful but bearable. the oni scary part is when u see the needle near bb. i did mine at london clinic @ jurong east. i paid 900. 750 medisave and 150 cash. how much is yours ?? after ur amnio test do u feel abit crampy for a day or two ??

Last edited:

P4nic

yup. i did my oscar test which my test ratio came up to 1:214 despite my age(23). so doc rec me to do amnio. i did not opt for express cus have to pay additional 300 bucks. so gotta wait for 3wks for the report to come out. how come there's another report ? yea it's kinda painful but bearable. the oni scary part is when you see the needle near baby. i did mine at london clinic @ jurong east. i paid 900. 750 medisave and 150 cash. how much is yours ?? after your amnio test do you feel abit crampy for a day or two ??
The detailed chromo results i referring to the results in 2 weeks time but because i have opt for the express one so i have 2 reports for the amino test. The express one is only purely for down syndrome and not other chromosomes defects.

Not too sure why i was referred to TMC.. anyway its was super EX. coz my gynae went down to TMC to do the test for me using TMC facilities. Her bill alone comes up to about $850+ of which she told me $750 can claim medisave.. so i tot only need to pay $100+ but who knows~ TMC.. charge another $200+ to $300 for the express report (ok this one i expected), the medical supplies + the room and the scan all in all i paid cash about $1100+ after medisave.. is really chop ppl lo. I tot TMC is cheaper than Glen E leh.

PTB7476

The detailed chromo results i referring to the results in 2 weeks time but because i have opt for the express one so i have 2 reports for the amino test. The express one is only purely for down syndrome and not other chromosomes defects.

Not too sure why i was referred to Thomson Medical Center.. anyway its was super EX. coz my gynae went down to Thomson Medical Center to do the test for me using Thomson Medical Center facilities. Her bill alone comes up to about $850+ of which she told me $750 can claim medisave.. so i thought only need to pay $100+ but who knows~ Thomson Medical Center.. charge another $200+ to $300 for the express report (ok this one i expected), the medical supplies + the room and the scan all in all i paid cash about $1100+ after medisave.. is really chop ppl . I thought Thomson Medical Center is cheaper than Glen E .
that's weird before i do the oscar test i also checked the cost of oscar and amino with my gynae and was told that amino at TMC is around $1K and that is strictly cash nothing was mentioned about medisave deduction

cheng0605

Not too sure why i was referred to Thomson Medical Center.. anyway its was super EX. coz my gynae went down to Thomson Medical Center to do the test for me using Thomson Medical Center facilities. Her bill alone comes up to about $850+ of which she told me $750 can claim medisave.. so i thought only need to pay $100+ but who knows~ Thomson Medical Center.. charge another $200+ to $300 for the express report (ok this one i expected), the medical supplies + the room and the scan all in all i paid cash about $1100+ after medisave.. is really chop ppl . I thought Thomson Medical Center is cheaper than Glen E .

my wife did the amnio in thomson, and the bill is around $1000, but after the medisave we paid only 200plus......can't figured out why your bill so expensive.....if possible try to get the receipt and take a look at it

:err:

cheng0605

yup. i did my oscar test which my test ratio came up to 1:214 despite my age(23). so doc rec me to do amnio. i did not opt for express cus have to pay additional 300 bucks. so gotta wait for 3wks for the report to come out. how come there's another report ? yea it's kinda painful but bearable. the oni scary part is when you see the needle near baby. i did mine at london clinic @ jurong east. i paid 900. 750 medisave and 150 cash. how much is yours ?? after your amnio test do you feel abit crampy for a day or two ??

my wife had the crampy feeling for a day, the next day onwards is all fine.....but your gynae would have told you to look out for any bleeding for the first 3-4 days.....if it occurs, do contact your gynae

:001_302: anyway not to worry too much, and dun put too much stress on yourselves, enjoy the pregnancy

PTB7476

my wife did the amnio in thomson, and the bill is around $1000, but after the medisave we paid only 200plus......can't figured out why your bill so expensive.....if possible try to get the receipt and take a look at it

:err:
so what Dr Khi said is true. the bill is around 1K

maybe that is because her gynae is not a resident /tenant with TMC. her gynae is from Gleneagle

PTB7476

:Dancing_wub:had my scan yesterday :Dancing_tongue: the little one very co-operative
it's a boy :tlaugh:but only weight 349g wonder where did the excess 5.7kgs went to ...:( and he is sitting upright ...hopefully he will turn when it is near due date else...will be C-sect

Last edited:

angelwendy

:Dancing_wub:had my scan yesterday :Dancing_tongue: the little one very co-operative
it's a boy :tlaugh:but only weight 349g wonder where did the excess 5.7kgs went to ...:( and he is sitting upright ...hopefully he will turn when it is near due date else...will be C-sect
Congrats on ur baby boy... :tlaugh:Don't worry.. there is still time for him to turn...

fLin

congrats ptb7476.. u can start shopping!!! :tlaugh:

shespice

congratulations on your little boy! :)

xynthia18

any mummies here experience aching feeling at the abdominal ? i'm on going to 20wks soon and sometimes i will feel some aching feeling at abdominal be it standing, sitting or walking. is it normal ? i believe some say womb is expanding right ? as long as there's no bad cramps or bleeding shld be fine ? pls advisee. thanks ! :Dancing_wub:

PTB7476

any mummies here experience aching feeling at the abdominal ? i'm on going to 20wks soon and sometimes i will feel some aching feeling at abdominal be it standing, sitting or walking. is it normal ? i believe some say womb is expanding right ? as long as there's no bad cramps or bleeding shld be fine ? pls advisee. thanks ! :Dancing_wub:
no aching but sometime when i stand or walk i can feel tightness around the abdmominal area...

suggest you check with your gynae when u go see him/her

cheng0605

if it feels sort of like tight stretching feeling then should be fine....think the muscles around that area is expanding that's why, try not to stress too much

:001_302:

cheng0605

not to worry much on the position now, think by week 30 then they start to take note of the position of the baby, so now just relax....

PTB7476

not to worry much on the position now, think by week 30 then they start to take note of the position of the baby, so now just relax....

am too relax until i dun feel pregnant :tlaugh: only the tummy remind me that there is someone inside :tlaugh: