detail scanning @ 20weeks

xynthia18

im experiencing discomfort at my abdominal area and has sharp pain a few times. wanted to see my gynae but he is not in today. what should i do ? shld i go see other gynae first or wait till tmr ? i just did my amnio test a week ago, so was quite worried.

PTB7476

im experiencing discomfort at my abdominal area and has sharp pain a few times. wanted to see my gynae but he is not in today. what should i do ? shld i go see other gynae first or wait till tomorrow ? i just did my amnio test a week ago, so was quite worried.
if you are with TMC suggest you go see the 24hr clinic now esp since you just did the amnio test and experience sharp pain

else can you call your doctor and ask for advice ? even though he is not in clinic but he still can pick up emergency call

christine77sg

Jus did my detail scan yesterday. Yippe! I hv a baby boy. :wong29:

I m in y 22 wks n baby weighing 430g. Baby's head slightly bigger than average n body length slightly shorter than average. :) A brainy boy.:wong19: Jus lik his mummy...nt tat I m brainy, but I also hv a big head.:001_302:
I also hv risk of high blood pressure.

PTB7476

just did my detail scan yesterday. Yippe! I have a baby boy. :wong29:

I m in y 22 wks n baby weighing 430g. Baby's head slightly bigger than average n body length slightly shorter than average. :) A brainy boy.:wong19: just lik his mummy...not that I m brainy, but I also have a big head.:001_302:
I also have risk of high blood pressure.
congratulation :Dancing_wub:

P4nic

:Dancing_wub:had my scan yesterday :Dancing_tongue: the little one very co-operative
it's a boy :tlaugh:but only weight 349g wonder where did the excess 5.7kgs went to ...:( and he is sitting upright ...hopefully he will turn when it is near due date else...will be C-sect
Congrats ptb!! Ur hubby must be very happy!

PTB7476

Congrats ptb!! your hubby must be very happy!
thank you ... both of us are happy cos baby everything ok ... and being a boy make it easier cos his parent are active person... and his mom is not those girly type :tlaugh::tlaugh:

xynthia18

just went to see doc today regards to my abdominal pain. doc says it's premature contractions so took injection and prescribe progesterone for me to eat.haha. i guess BB can't wait to see daddy and mummy tt's why she wana come out earlier:wong19:. hope she's doing fine and stay in there for 4+ more months. haha...

P4nic

thank you ... both of us are happy cos baby everything ok ... and being a boy make it easier cos his parent are active person... and his mom is not those girly type :tlaugh::tlaugh:
hahaha.. great to hear that!
I dunno my baby's weight leh.. what is the normal range for 20 weeks?
I gg for my detailed scan this coming fri @Glen E. hehe.. I asked my gynae before when i m into my 4 weeks but she said the 1st 6 mths the food we ate.. mainly goes to the mummy.. only the last trim then the weight build up for the baby.. so she advise me to keep to my 1 kg/mth otherwise very difficult to lose weight later on.

PTB7476

hahaha.. great to hear that!
I dont know my baby's weight .. what is the normal range for 20 weeks?
I gg for my detailed scan this coming fri @Glen E. hehe.. I asked my gynae before when i m into my 4 weeks but she said the 1st 6 mths the food we ate.. mainly goes to the mummy.. only the last trim then the weight build up for the baby.. so she advise me to keep to my 1 kg/month otherwise very difficult to lose weight later on.
Average for 20wks is around 300g

Yah I too trying to control weight sob sob seem hard haiz

P4nic

good luck.... you get to see her little fingers and toe etc too
:Dancing_tongue:
haha i had already seen her fingers and toes many times~ these are the most obvious feature so far~ i hope glen E has 3D scan so perhaps i get to see how she looks like hehe

xynthia18

hi mummies . dunno where to ask this so yeah. me and hubby plannin to go on a 2D1N batam trip on 8 aug. shld i call and ask my gynae permission first or shld i just go ahead and book the tickets ? cus my next appt will be next friday, so if he gives the green light it might be too late to book. so i shld call him or not ? TIA ! :tlaugh:

PTB7476

hi mummies . dont know where to ask this so yeah. me and hubby plannin to go on a 2D1N batam trip on 8 aug. shld i call and ask my gynae permission first or shld i just go ahead and book the tickets ? cus my next appt will be next friday, so if he gives the green light it might be too late to book. so i shld call him or not ? TIA ! :tlaugh:
you should have ask him since begining of pregnancy :tlaugh: i asked my gynae since beginning ... and i was given green light to travel until 32 weeks :tlaugh: subject to no complication

was told to get the doctor's certified letter if need to fly

Last edited:

xynthia18

you should have ask him since begining of pregnancy :tlaugh: i asked my gynae since beginning ... and i was given green light to travel until 32 weeks :tlaugh: subject to no complication

was told to get the doctor's certified letter if need to fly

haha. i didn't ask because i was having bad morning sickness. didn't expect i would get better during my 2nd trimester. yea. i guess i gotta call him den. haha.

bbloelim

i was given a letter to TMC for a FA San (18-22weeks), isit the same scan u guys r talking about?
coz my gynae nv tell me wat scan this is about, just ask me to go there.
im about 19weeks plus. my gynae always very hurry one, make me always forget wat to ask him :(
so i totally dunno wat scan im going to do next week..

PTB7476

i was given a letter to Thomson Medical Center for a FA San (18-22weeks), isit the same scan you guys r talking about?
coz my gynae never tell me what scan this is about, just ask me to go there.
im about 19weeks plus. my gynae always very hurry one, make me always forget what to ask him :(
so i totally dont know what scan im going to do next week..
yes FA scan is the detailed scan...that's when they will check other abnormalities and you get to know the gender if you still dunno :p

xynthia18

yup. it's the detail scanning. when is yours ? mine is next tues. anyway, how does it goes about ? can my hubby go in to do the scan with me ? cus tt time i went for oscar scanning, my hubby was told to wait outside till all the measurements are done den he can come in. i believe detail scanning may take some time so wonder if he can go in with me or not. or it depends on the sonographer whether allow my hubby to go in ??

PTB7476

yup. it's the detail scanning. when is yours ? mine is next tues. anyway, how does it goes about ? can my hubby go in to do the scan with me ? cus that time i went for oscar scanning, my hubby was told to wait outside till all the measurements are done then he can come in. i believe detail scanning may take some time so wonder if he can go in with me or not. or it depends on the sonographer whether allow my hubby to go in ??

likewise... they will do all the measurement 1st then when they are done, they will go out call hb in

FYI they are very fast with the measurement it took them less than 10mins to do mine and they prefer to finish the proper work 1st before getting hb in to explain simple things to us

Jaschy

hi mummies . dont know where to ask this so yeah. me and hubby plannin to go on a 2D1N batam trip on 8 aug. shld i call and ask my gynae permission first or shld i just go ahead and book the tickets ? cus my next appt will be next friday, so if he gives the green light it might be too late to book. so i shld call him or not ? TIA ! :tlaugh:
Hi xynthia,

tink u better let your doctor know.. cos that time when i go for my Gynae check i just mentioned to her that we might be going to taiwan for a short trip then she avtually say she need to write a letter to state that i am fit to travel .. i didnt even know we need to go and get such letter from her.. hehe

But in the end we didnt go lar.. cos too rush le.. :shyxxx: so we decided to go for a short rd trip to malacca this national day holiday.. my gynae also note that down.. so tink its better to let your gynae knows where u are going and get his/her advice ba:Dancing_wub: