Do you bathe/wash hair during your confinement period?

stars

I'll bath once a week w herb. So really take this chance to enjoy my bath. first wash hair, blow dry then back to bathrm to do a thorough BODY SCRUB :tlaugh: so shiok & clean!!!

missbluey

i didn't bathe until my last week of confinement, only then i was allowed to bathe with herbs. during those 3 weeks, i only wiped with a towel using rice wine. it was terrible as i kept perspiring. however, i washed my hair every 2-3 days cuz i couldn't stand the oiliness! yucks!
anyway, i bathe in the hospital after delivery.

Amulet

actually i read up on some Chinese Confinement Recipe books, all said that its ok to shower with hot warm water during confinement.. juz be sure to dry ourself with towel be4 steppin out of the bath room.. and if washed hair, use hairdryer to blow dry.. i will definately shower during my cofinement.. cannot imagine not bathin with all the sweat n stickiness.. how to carry n BF baby like tat.. so smelly.. :wong7:

zara

Yes.I do bathe and wash my hair during confinement. Wash hair in the am oni.Bathe before 6pm. I cant stand being so sticky....:eek:

Pink daisy

3rd day after operation, woke up ard midnite, grab my toiletries & towel and head straight into bathroom. I tied my used gown ard the wound then bath & wash myself frm head to toe in sitting position using hot water hee :Dancing_tongue:

bingxu3

me is direct an hr after back ward dont care giddy anot jus cheong to bath cause my delivery was 24hrs>< after that when discharge cause DD was still warded cause premature, then use that as an excuse then say need go see daughter i went home bath le then go down hospital.

mummymirda

i bathe the next day i gave birth cos i deliver my baby at night. i cant stand not bathing a day... sticky & stinko:eek:

Amulet

i bath on day3 whn goin to discharge frm hospital, n on 1st apr coz bring bb to Tmc to see her PD

-SRI-

regarding tis, i told my mum in adv oredi..:001_302: i tell her lets hv a win-win ans.. i can bath but one time a day ATLEAST.. if the weather hot, will bath twice.. Bath wit warm water ...If she nvr let me bath.. I'll sure get cranky one... i hate to feel so sticky la...

mcqueen

So far, does anyone here face side effect for not follow the confinement "rules" during confinement period? like take bath, wash hair, touch water, use air-con & fan, wear long sleeve, sock...etc. Please share.

xue

So far, does anyone here face side effect for not follow the confinement "rules" during confinement period? like take bath, wash hair, touch water, use air-con & fan, wear long sleeve, sock...etc. Please share.
huh..when i sit long, my back wil start aching..
n if the air con is too cold, i wil feel my back pain too..
n if rainy days oso...
realy REGRET not listenin to old ppl's advice..

mcqueen

Xue, do u kno wat is the root cause for your back ache?

I m on confinement now, take very quick hot bath everyday, wash hair alternate day with Da Feng Ai, wear sock at night time. I m wondering it is gd enough as some of my frenz even one mth never wash hair and wearing sock for whole day. So, just feel strange it is really tat they will more stronger & healty if strictly follow the old folk's advice.

xue

I m on confinement now, take very quick hot bath everyday, wash hair alternate day with Da Feng Ai, wear sock at night time. I m wondering it is gd enough as some of my frenz even one mth never wash hair and wearing sock for whole day. So, just feel strange it is really tat they will more stronger & healty if strictly follow the old folk's advice.
mayb i bend too much durin my confinement..coz the babycot my FIL bought was too low..
my grandma told mi to lie as much as i can,which i didnt..
there was 1 time durin my confinement where i cant even move at all due to the back pain..had to paste salonpas everyday..
mayb bathin wif hot water not so bad..coz due to some circumstances, i had to use cold water at times..
n yes if u reali dun bath n eat all the confinement food, u wil definitely be more healthy after confinement n ur face wil haf radiance..dat is wat my mum told mi..
im quite choosy in food..so i din reali lke the confinement food..
so my confinement was reali a failure..
if i were to do it again..i wil definitely listen to the elders..

miumiu

i'm in my confinement period now abt 2 weeks odd already. Manage to neg to wash hair on the 12th day n every Sat after tht till full moon.

I do, just cannot stand being sticky and smelly as I tbf my baby that time.

I did a quick shower with Dai Feng Chao herbs and warm water, wash my hair with regular shampoo and blow dry.

For me, i tahan for 2 weeks and i bath cos my mate told me, dear, ur hair smell really bad... :err: LOL so no choice a quick bath with dai feng chao too and wash my hair quickly twice for the confinement mth. My 1st attempt, I got bad headache for almost 30mins so got to be careful mummies! Must do wash hair after ur bath and do it during sunny afternoon. so it quick!

I can tahan for 2 weeks maybe cos is during Nov time so weather nt too bad. :wong19:

Last edited:

leey

Yes,
my mate has heard some tips from the grandmother,

it is useful and true.

PrettyMum

Hi Mommies,

I feel that it is up to individual body and logical way to up-keep our health and hgyiene... to me it makes sense to bath with warm water and blow dry our hair straight after... one will feel more refreshing and it helps mommies who bf their babies to feel more comfortable and hence it will not affect our milk production. I guess confinement food plays a vital role in confinement cos it is treatment from within... aclohol definitely helps your body to recover fast... but do it the right way... drink a small cup straight after you've bf or brew it with chicken... tat's my 2cents :shyxxx:

PrettyMum

wenz

Hi all,

I bathe everyday from the 7th day of my birth but i wash my hair once every 2 days... my MIL will boil these herbs water for me to bathe... black black one and need to bathe when it's still hot to prevent wind from entering... i cannot stand the dirty feeling lo... oily hair... sweaty body and mensus also... i scare my hubby will be scared away by me.. haha