Do you circumcise your boy?

My 6yo boy will have infection occasionally becos his foreskin is v tight and if he did not keep his private part clean after urinating. The pediatric surgeon suggests circumcision if problem becomes recurrent. Am praying about it. Meanwhile, he's advised to stretch his skin daily and apply steroid cream now and then to loosen the skin.

lis

erm..as for me..ma son was circumcised wen he was 2 mths old..he din cry at ol..hehexx.. :001_302: luckily ma boy is a strong boy..as for me,of course it's for religion purpose..but besides tat,i was concern bout the hygiene oso..it's cleaner coz not much skin blocking the hole of the penis..thus it makes cleaning easier..

especially young boys going to school,i doubt they will clean thier penis thoroughly..u won't b der 24/7 to clean them rite..? thus they are easily infected by infections..will come out pus one..it's more heart pain wen u c tat happening to ur son..

so i wud encourage those mummies hu wanna do it,go for it..so far,i dun c ma son getting any infections or has effect his health in any way.. :Dancing_wub:

SH74

2 months old?! wow!!! he's so brave!

the thot of cutting a bit of my boy's skin off, put him under the knife,... hurt me.

but really for hygiene purpose, mayb 1 day i'll really let him do it.

my bro did his when he's in pri sch 'cause of infection. some kids hv too much skin. dunno how to explain that. that's y need to cut. many is due to infection. they'll alw complain itchy. then kept squeezing n rubbing it. hahaha... :D

CanCanMum

for religion purposes yes, for hygiene wise no need, coz the skin around it is self-cleansing...we dun need to do anything to it nor pull back the foreskin to clean it....absolutely no need.

For health purposes ....ermm...not too sure....wad kind of diseases will it cause??

SH74

think only the guys will know. my hb said that if nv clean properly (for uncircumsized ones), will b smelly, might b itchy then lead to infection.

lis

think only the guys will know. my hb said that if nv clean properly (for uncircumsized ones), will b smelly, might b itchy then lead to infection.

yesh..tat's v true..coz der's ma x classmate during sec school days..he had the prob b4..he's a chinese of course..den later he had to circumcize his penis..niwae,most of ma x classmates(chinese guys) went to circumcize..den the outcome was good..dey said tat dey felt beta..no more itchy2..easier to 'maintain'..hehe..i tink wot dey meant was easier to maintain cleanliness.. :001_302:

lis

hey..overall,it's still up to u to decide..but since ur son is 4 mths olready..it's not advisable to bring him now..coz right now,he's starting to move alot..it'll b quite hard for the doctor to circumcise..i tink u gotta wait wen he's 2 yrs onwards..u can opt for laser..

SH74

ya. i think either do when they r newborn or wait till they understand things. :) think whether to circumcise our bb or not, all depends on the parents.

autumn82

Haha. I tot of doing it when he was a NB. but DH said so painful.. wait he so ke lian.. Den didn't do.. I wanted to do coz cleaner mah.. *LOL*

Hopefully, next time when he grows up, know how to keep clean can liao.

wenz

my son is 8yrs old.. ever tot of it before due to hygiene purpose as well but din proceed cos i can't bear to.. imagine he had got no choice at all, his dearest mom put him to the pain of cutting his skin at the penis! (most sensative arear) and he cannot say NO even within his heart he is tembling... helpless but to obey his mom and go thru all this, how the hell will u bear! put him in ur shoes and see how it feels... u cant protect him and waive off his fear! i know it's for his own good when he grow up but still i leave it to him when he's older like 18 or 21 and decide if he wanna do it.. cos it's his choice by then...

BabyZenZen

My hubby strongly againts it. He asked me to teach my son how to clean properly when he grows up. But I scare he will come with the problem like itchy then keep squeezing and rubbing it. So disgusting leh... Hahaha... I am still wondering should I bring my 4 months old son for it...

autumn82

Ur DH beri funny... He's against it, then he shld be the one to teach ur son mah.. Besides, he's the one w a penis all along.. not u.. :p Haha. Goo.. Tell him.. :p

CanCanMum

yeah agree....how to teach cleaning? U tell me i oso dunno how to teach my boy how??? Now he goes toilet hold his penis i oso dunno how to teach him pee...he ownself learn de.....kekeke....its a natural thingy.

ps: i onli stand next to him tell him 'DUN ANYHOW SHOOT HUH! AIM PROPERLY"

wenz

i taught my son how to clean when he was 6yrd old cos he knows how to bathe himself... basically i just ask him to was his penis and especially the tip area carefully... but cannot pull down his foreskin too much cos will hurt him... i always tell him if u lazy dun wash properly wait got infection den 'bird bird' will be painful and itchy need to see doc, injection etc... so till now he always wash himself... i also make it a point for him to wash everyday before bed... sometime i'll spot check and ask did u wash properly? haha i guess tat is so much i can do... cos he is growing up so i dun wanna make him 'paisey'...

foscom

I just had a boy. He is now 3weeks. The doctor said to take him back for a circumcision next week, as there is new research that shows it reduces aids and there are other benefits. He said I should do it early as there are less complications. Is there anyone out there that has had their son circumcised for health reasons. Is it worth doing it??

stonston

problem with circumcising too early is they might cut too much skin n when ur boy grows up, he may hv problems having sex cos he cant erect properly.

usualli for religious purpose, they wont cut it absolutely clean, it's jus a small snip for the significance onli. tt's wot the PD told me.

i did not circumcise my boy but will consider it when he is older. my brother was circumcised when he was in pri sch, din affect him much doing it then. anyway, he cant rmb it now also.

foscom

Thanks for your reply I never knew that circumcision could pose a risk to him in later life. I have now asked the pd about it and he told me he was going to use the plasti bell method to do my son which will ensure not too much skin is taken off. Apparently this method is widely used on infants which are below one year. The big day is in the first week of March. We are of course nervous as we are chinese and our family does not practice it. Our son will be the first of his kind. However we think the benefits think it out weighs the risks. Has anyone faced what we are facing and can share their experience? I find it very useful

ArDz

Hi,

I would like to enquire any recommended clinics for circumcision ...
And if possible can pls include the address, contact number plus the price range.

Thanks.