Down Syndrome Test

camom

There is a blood test & scan for OSCAR. I didn't pay separately, it was a combined charge under 1 bill.

DELvy

I just did mine last month. With FBI / SBI card from TMC, I got a 10% discount, total bill was around $300. They took the avg. of 3 risks (from your age, your scan and your blood) to determine the ratio of having a down syndrome kid. If the risk is high, think they will recommend you to go for amniotic test. For me, the risk is low, though I am 31 year old this year and am having my 1st child.

hihi! i just did my oscar test yesterday at kk. There are 3 plans with plan b being the most expensive, coz it gives you the highest accurate results. i took up plan b ,think it costs $321 . can only pay by cash i heard. If you're diagnosed with a higher risk , then u need the amniotic test, which will cost most. But most prob should be ok de.. my results was 1:4958 so i didnt do amniotic test.

P4nic

They drew 5 goodness tubes of blood! 2 big and 3 small, I thought I was going to faint.
sounds very scary..
Will gynae ask u to do it or.. u have to go do it urself one?
i m 30 this yr.. my 1st child too.. i think do the test safer right? i want ensure the baby is ok..

thepinkdot

sounds very scary..
Will gynae ask you to do it or.. you have to go do it yourself one?
i m 30 this yr.. my 1st child too.. i think do the test safer right? i want ensure the baby is ok..
the gynae will ask you and explain to you your options.

i'm doing my N.T. scan next week w/o the blood test... the full works is called the OSCAR test which includes the N.T. scan and the blood test.

P4nic

the gynae will ask you and explain to you your options.

i'm doing my N.T. scan next week w/o the blood test... the full works is called the OSCAR test which includes the N.T. scan and the blood test.
Usually how long in your term before u go for the test?

cyndear

just done the scanning on 5 april.

everything is ok. 1:10259. :Dancing_wub:

my DH took a short video on the scanning. see baby moving and sucking thumbs so cute but nurse say cannot take. haha.

mrs_eg

just done the scanning on 5 april.

everything is ok. 1:10259. :Dancing_wub:

my dear husband took a short video on the scanning. see baby moving and sucking thumbs so cute but nurse say cannot take. haha.
ya lor so sad cannot video the process...

camom

anyway to prevent down syndrome huh? does folic acid helps?
Folic acid is to reduce risk of bb getting spina bifida.

Don't think there's something you can take to prevent Down Syndrome. It's a chromosomal issue.