Down Syndrome Test

P4nic

30 should be fine. i am 31.

see if you are comfortable with the test and do you want to spend the money or not.
Thanks cyndear.. i will likely be going for it under gynae advice lo.. its better to find it out earlier than later.. its not a matter of whether i suffer or not.. but if later on.. the baby is going to suffer.. thats the least i hope to.

cyndear

Thanks cyndear.. i will likely be going for it under gynae advice .. its better to find it out earlier than later.. its not a matter of whether i suffer or not.. but if later on.. the baby is going to suffer.. thats the least i hope to.
actually i also not sure if i wanted to do so cause the whole test is around 400 plus cause i opt for one more test on diabetics and HIV. 80 plus more.

DH say go for it if i feel more comfortable after doing the test.

i feel so much better after the test knowing that the result is on the good side.

best wishes to you. i am SURE everything will be fine and all of us will be bless with a healthy baby!! :tlaugh:

P4nic

actually i also not sure if i wanted to do so cause the whole test is around 400 plus cause i opt for one more test on diabetics and HIV. 80 plus more.

dear husband say go for it if i feel more comfortable after doing the test.

i feel so much better after the test knowing that the result is on the good side.

best wishes to you. i am SURE everything will be fine and all of us will be bless with a healthy baby!! :tlaugh:
wah still got diabetics and HIV test ah? haiz.. baby bonus oso not enuff lo!
but to be on safe side better everything test la.. i very kiasu one..
Ya u'll feel better after u done all the test.. good for u!!! i m still worrying at this point in time.. hopefully faster do faster fang xin!

is it a must to take this test? my 1st appointment is on this 22nd at kk by then i'll be around 15 weeks le. been taking folic acid given by gp. i went to polyclinic they also never ask me take any test and gave me this date to go kk. im turning 21 this year.

cyndear

is it a must to take this test? my 1st appointment is on this 22nd at kk by then i'll be around 15 weeks . been taking folic acid given by gp. i went to polyclinic they also never ask me take any test and gave me this date to go kk. im turning 21 this year.
what i know is that DS risk increase with age. for 35 years and above, it is strongly recommended that you take the test.

for your age i think it should be ok but i am not a doc. best is that you check with your doc.

15th weeks i think still ok. can do the test and is cheaper also.

PinkDiamonds

is it a must to take this test? my 1st appointment is on this 22nd at kk by then i'll be around 15 weeks . been taking folic acid given by gp. i went to polyclinic they also never ask me take any test and gave me this date to go kk. im turning 21 this year.
I had my first child at 21 and was recommended by the gynae to do the 80% accuracy N.T. test & blood test. If it's your first child, they'll also ask your hubby to take a blood test.

Actually age does affect. The older you are, the higher your risk. BUT chromosomal disorders can happen to anyone, that's why some couples go for genetic counselling when planning a baby.

Anyway, don't worry too much about it. It's just for a peace of mind for the parents and the gynae.

P4nic

I had my first child at 21 and was recommended by the gynae to do the 80% accuracy N.T. test & blood test. If it's your first child, they'll also ask your hubby to take a blood test.

Actually age does affect. The older you are, the higher your risk. BUT chromosomal disorders can happen to anyone, that's why some couples go for genetic counselling when planning a baby.

Anyway, dont't worry too much about it. It's just for a peace of mind for the parents and the gynae.
Oh but why must hubby go for the test too huh?

PinkDiamonds

Oh but why must hubby go for the test too huh?
Cause daddy may also have some condition, which can be passed on to the baby through the genes. Anyway, I was digging out the old test records and for my hubby they only tested the blood count (platelet count, how many white blood cells, red blood cells, etc)

Daddy only needs to take this test once for all the subsequent pregnancies.

irisskk

Hi,

I'm 32 yr old and having 2nd baby. I had just done my down syndrome test and my result for detail scanning show ratio of 1:1042 but my blood test had reduce the ratio to 1:302. Doctor told me that the cut off ratio is 1:300. Very worry.

Worry mummy:frown:

Last edited:

P4nic

Hi do u mummies know when the results for the blood test be out? i be taking the tests next mth.. wonder whether the results will be out on the same day? if so then i better be mentally prepared lo.

Mum2bee

Hi do you mummies know when the results for the blood test be out? i be taking the tests next month.. wonder whether the results will be out on the same day? if so then i better be mentally prepared .
Hi, I just did mine last week.@ ard 9am @ TMC for the oscar and blood test.we went back at a 4pm appt with my gynae at TMC result was out alrdy except the blood test cos my hubby did it at 4pm cos can't mk it in the morning but they call us the next day for the blood test result.I was realli gan chiong.....but was glad everyting was good.anyway the oscar test is only scanning the baby and the blood test ONI poke dat tiny needle to draw blood so dun worry :D

PTB7476

Hi, I just did mine last week.@ around 9am @ Thomson Medical Center for the oscar and blood test.we went back at a 4pm appt with my gynae at Thomson Medical Center result was out alrdy except the blood test cos my hubby did it at 4pm cos can't mk it in the morning but they call us the next day for the blood test result.I was really gan chiong.....but was glad everyting was good.anyway the oscar test is only scanning the baby and the blood test ONI poke dat tiny needle to draw blood so dont worry :D
you mean u get both the oscar and your blood test on the same day...that's good ... but all my appointment in the morning guess i wont be getting the result that fast...as for my hubby's blood test...already done and got the result on the same day... all cleared and no issue :001_302:

Mum2bee

you mean you get both the oscar and your blood test on the same day...that's good ... but all my appointment in the morning guess i wont be getting the result that fast...as for my hubby's blood test...already done and got the result on the same day... all cleared and no issue :001_302:
yah i did both on the same day very fast only.then collect the result on the same day too...... :Dancing_tongue::Dancing_tongue:

P4nic

i hope to get all within same day so that i wun have to worry so many days.. is it compulsory for hubby to take the test too? or hubby is only require to take the test if the test on me is not satisfactory?

Last edited:

PTB7476

i hope to get all within same day so that i wun have to worry so many days.. eh how come hubby also need to take blood test huh?
Tot you asked before and someone answered. the dad to be need to be tested for generic disorder...and he only need to be tested once...thereafter your subsequent pregnancy he no need already.

goodie...can get the test results all in one day..then no need to dwell over it ..better to get it done with...then enjoy the remaining of the pregnancy :tlaugh:

btw both of us are in the same week how come ur do your test next month... i'm doing mine in 2 weeks time when in 12weeks

P4nic

thought you asked before and someone answered. the dad to be need to be tested for generic disorder...and he only need to be tested once...thereafter your subsequent pregnancy he no need already.

goodie...can get the test results all in one day..then no need to dwell over it ..better to get it done with...then enjoy the remaining of the pregnancy :tlaugh:

btw both of us are in the same week how come your do your test next month... i'm doing mine in 2 weeks time when in 12weeks
Haha ya i rem i asked before but i very serious STM after i got preggie lol.. thats why i re-edit my msg.. hehehe refer to my previous comments.

I m currently 9weeks+ EDD 06/12/2010.. my next gynae visit on 29/05/2010 so i be doing on that day too lor.

PTB7476

Haha ya i rem i asked before but i very serious STM after i got preggie lol.. thats why i re-edit my msg.. hehehe refer to my previous comments.

I m currently 9weeks+ EDD 06/12/2010.. my next gynae visit on 29/05/2010 so i be doing on that day too .
i see i see... good luck to both of us...hopefully everything will turn out fine :) i'm taking it a week earlier than you

bbloelim

i am advised by my gynae that in 2weeks time will have to make decision on what type of test i choose for testing Down Syndrome.

my gynae told me, do at his clinic, only the blood test, cheaper.
if go hospital, blood test and scan, cost $350.

Dont know which to choose..any advise..

PTB7476

i am advised by my gynae that in 2weeks time will have to make decision on what type of test i choose for testing Down Syndrome.

my gynae told me, do at his clinic, only the blood test, cheaper.
if go hospital, blood test and scan, cost $350.

Dont know which to choose..any advise..
i will do both blood test and scan at the hospital cos it is best that we get it done with all at one...as both will offer a much clearer picture