EDD Feb 2013

Meowgirl

hmm..actually i didn't tell my boss that i'll be having 4days/week coz it's going to be MC..seems a bit strange to say i'll take MC in advance..but i'm clearing the things on hand..at least trying not to add workload to my colleague..

Starling

Resting at home, and preparing for the D-Day. Hope he will come out soon, or I will go for induction by end of the month.
Gynae asked me to do more exerise but I can hardly move around now!!
did your gynae specify what exercise to do? like walking more? or pelvic floor exercise?

Starling

just checking, what is the rate of your CL that you are engaging?
Cos i need to pay my mum equivalent amt as she will b my CL.

vel

I have just finish my check up , wk 37 day 1 today . Doc say baby head is down and machine detected contraction . The womb is also more baby then water, sign that placenta is weakening so he ask me to really to take note of baby movement .. Making me a little worries . Check for dilation only a little though ... Sigh ... So I was told delivery might be anytime soon .. Suddenly stunt hearing this . I better do more walking to help opening up

vel

Oh no and I haven bought toiletries , towel, pillow, cot matteress , detergent and so on for newborn . Later going to go get

Apr gal

I have just finish my check up , wk 37 day 1 today . Doc say baby head is down and machine detected contraction . The womb is also more baby then water, sign that placenta is weakening so he ask me to really to take note of baby movement .. Making me a little worries . Check for dilation only a little though ... Sigh ... So I was told delivery might be anytime soon .. Suddenly stunt hearing this . I better do more walking to help opening up
Hi Vel, I think u better get ready all d stuff to avoid last min panic. Can u share how does yr contraction feel like? I went for w35 checkup due to red spotting, doc say will deliver bb if hv contraction but after urging me on ctg can't detect any contraction.... Amniotic fluid still ok but ask to monitor bb movement. So yr gynae oso detect yr contraction by ctg? I was put on tis machine for an HR though informed 1/2 HR!!!

Meanwhile b alert on yr personal changes... Take care

vel

Hi Vel, I think u better get ready all d stuff to avoid last min panic. Can u share how does yr contraction feel like? I went for w35 checkup due to red spotting, doc say will deliver bb if hv contraction but after urging me on ctg can't detect any contraction.... Amniotic fluid still ok but ask to monitor bb movement. So yr gynae oso detect yr contraction by ctg? I was put on tis machine for an HR though informed 1/2 HR!!!

Meanwhile b alert on yr personal changes... Take care
Apr Gal , yes thanks I am going to prep the stuff today and tomorrow , setting up the baby room as well. that's right - I was put CTG for the first time today . contraction you would probably be feeling the muscle below tensing up - especially when it gets more obvious.

I dun have the show yet so my dilation is not yet kicking in. went to complete the per-admission at hospital juz now and doc request for me to check back on coming Wednesday.. not even a week

Ah Cheng

did your gynae specify what exercise to do? like walking more? or pelvic floor exercise?
My Gynae said walking. And Swimming is good.
But I dont have any swimming costume which can fit me, and walking is really tiring.
Trying to walk around, and go downstair to buy something, does it consider walking? Haha.
Wanted to go shopping but just no energy. Walk 10-15mins already tired, and need a seat badly.

Sad to say, with such a big tummy still nobody will gives up seat for me in the MRT train, that's terrible.
Saw a family (dad, mum and kid) - 3 of them saw me, and still nobody gives up seat. Kid busy reading book, mum busy looking around, dad sitting at reserved seat busy pretending sleeping.

Ah Cheng

me about the same as vel...but now weekly checkup, planning to take MC for the checkups..so, will become 4 days/week.. :p my baby also keep pushing..already lowered my chair to the lowest, yet he still push until hit the table..have to sit further out.. and water retention getting worse..fingers all sore and pain in the morning..

My fingers are also getting numb numb. My foot look really like pork knuckle.

Meowgirl

cheng...me too..getting so sore on the fingers in the morning, then pork knuckle at night..and my stretch marks are crawling up...sob sob...all happening within 2-3weeks..

vel...last week i had a even more funny encounter..i was sitting on the reserved seat on mrt..then an uncle beside me, told me "there's 2 elderly women standing, you should give up ur seat to them"... i replied him.."i'm 9mths pregnant"..then he realised and apologised...lol...

Ah Cheng

cheng...me too..getting so sore on the fingers in the morning, then pork knuckle at night..and my stretch marks are crawling up...sob sob...all happening within 2-3weeks..

vel...last week i had a even more funny encounter..i was sitting on the reserved seat on mrt..then an uncle beside me, told me "there's 2 elderly women standing, you should give up your seat to them"... i replied him.."i'm 9mths pregnant"..then he realised and apologised...lol...
That's funny. He didnt realise you are pregnant. Haha.

Meowgirl

ya lor..but i noticed my baby bump moved downwards quite significantly leh..think baby getting ready to come out..somehow hubby and i having a feeling that he might come out sometime this week or next..not sure how true will our instinct be..starting to get a bit anxious after we crossed the week 37 mark..."baby ready to come out anytime!!"...

Apr gal

ya lor..but i noticed my baby bump moved downwards quite significantly leh..think baby getting ready to come out..somehow hubby and i having a feeling that he might come out sometime this week or next..not sure how true will our instinct be..starting to get a bit anxious after we crossed the week 37 mark..."baby ready to come out anytime!!"...
Hi Meeogirl, u must b super excited now!!! Get ready ya!!!

Apr gal

ya..but the "anytime" feeling is kind of scary too.. :s
Same here. When is yr edd? I'm experimenting pre-menstrual cramp n diarrhea feeling as well as difficulty walking as can feel bb very low. Not sure if tis is d symptoms!!!! My edd 26 feb.

Meowgirl

my edd is 19 feb..juz crossed the week 37 mark last sat..even doc says it can be anytime.. now my hubby says i walk like a penguin..then sometimes i'm following the snail's speed limit..can't go fast at all...and lower back getting sore..i have a bit of the menstrual cramp ocassionally too..and get tired easily...

vel

Strange now the bb did not move as big as last week . I think since monday the movement become lesser . A bit worry , but every hour i can feel a little movement just that its not that obvious anymore

Meowgirl

vel..maybe becoz there's lesser space for baby to move now? if still have movements then shld still be fine..or check with your gynae juz to feel safe..my boy now having harder pushes..already lowered my chair to the lowest, yet he still keep pushing up and hit the bottom of the office table..makes me have to sit further away from the table..

Last edited:

vel

vel..maybe becoz there's lesser space for baby to move now? if still have movements then shld still be fine..or check with your gynae juz to feel safe..my boy now having harder pushes..already lowered my chair to the lowest, yet he still keep pushing up and hit the bottom of the office table..makes me have to sit further away from the table..
Thanks ya I'm trying not to think too much . Now my baby cot from cousin just spoiled , I guess it's too old . And I have to start searching for a baby bed . Any suggestion

Meowgirl

hmmm...i saw 1 at kiddy palace, seems quite nice... can put the side down, think have wheels and collapsible and can convert to toddler bed??...think is $200++.. as for myself...i got the one from ikea...only $85, but only have 2 adjustable heights and the side cannot put down one.. my theory is bed cot strong enough will do..mattress more important...see which one is ur preference..