EDD Feb 2013

Apr gal

by the way, which brand of diapers and formula milk did you all buy?
i wanted to buy huggies but i saw that alot of ppl feedback that bb will get diap
er rash easily.
and can't decide which formula milk to get in case not enough BM for bb.. :/
any recommendations?
I bought Mamy Poko for my bb, heard d absorption is d best. N d quality is good too. Make sure it's good for bb skin n won't cause rashes esp for bb ger.

i hv yet to decide on milk formula as well. Considering S26, enfa or similac. Heard enfa n similac has higher dha. Think will ask d nurse as hospital or gynae which is good haha n hopefully dun nd tis n producing enuf breast milk!!!!

pinkk11

I bought Mamy Poko for my bb, heard d absorption is d best. N d quality is good too. Make sure it's good for bb skin n won't cause rashes esp for bb ger.

i hv yet to decide on milk formula as well. Considering S26, enfa or similac. Heard enfa n similac has higher dha. Think will ask d nurse as hospital or gynae which is good haha n hopefully dun nd tis n producing enuf breast milk!!!!
i'm thinking to try merries or mamypoko.. :)

Meowgirl

i've went for my checkup juz now...and i'm already 3cm dilated!! gynae suggested to induce tmr or wait for it which will most likely to be anyday next week or end up CNY. End up hubby and I decided tmr will be the day!!!.. going to induce tmr... i was so in a shock juz now when trying to make the decision whether to induce...

Apr gal

i've went for my checkup juz now...and i'm already 3cm dilated!! gynae suggested to induce tmr or wait for it which will most likely to be anyday next week or end up CNY. End up hubby and I decided tmr will be the day!!!.. going to induce tmr... i was so in a shock juz now when trying to make the decision whether to induce...
Wish u hv a smooth delivery ok? Do u hv any feeling of being dilated? Previously no symptoms at all, no contraction?

Apr gal

Any place to getting cheaper mamypoko?
Few weeks ago I think I saw NTUC having promo at $20/pack (72pcs of size S) not sure still available? I got it at Msia during their promo, only RM 40/pack :) so I quickly grabbed 3 S size and 3 M size packs. I'm Oso using cloth napkins as well as cloth diapers!

vel

Just finish check up , I'm ask to go for induction tonight cause water is gets lesser again . Only slight dilation . :(

Apr gal

Hv u delivered? Pls share wif us yr exp on induction. Heard its painful?

helloyou

Lol I am actually supposed to be due on 290113. But my baby's very late, so doc has set 050213 as the induction date in TMC! Anyone went for the pill + drip induction? Any experience to share?

Ah Cheng

Congrats Cheng!!! May I no when was yr original edd? N which hospital you deliver? I heard if half way natural then emergency C sec will b charged double. Is it true? If not how do they calculate? Luckily you went for C sec as baby is quite big!!!

My edd on feb 26 n now I'm in w36 ade having contractions. Mucus plug came off yest n horrible contractions n backache as in its gonna break. Not sure anyone encounter d same? I wonder how long it's to delivery??? However my cervix not open yet.

All tis while I opt for C sec but gynae advised to go for natural. With tis small contraction pain I d can't bear it, I wonder how to go thru actual labour!!!!! Pray pray for smooth one!!!
My EDD is supposed to be 12/13 Feb. So I am about 3wks earlier.
My bill is ard $7k, after medisave is ard $3.3k. It was charged as C-Section rate for 3 days, plus operating theatre charges, this and that. Aiyoh. Quite Expensive leh as compared to my 1st one (which is quite high already at $1.7k). Really expensive to give birth!! I am not sure on other hospital rate, my hubby is telling me we should go KK instead.

Last edited:

Ah Cheng

congratz Cheng!!!

Cheng...is it true that induce will be more painful??

i was having quite a bit of braxton hicks earlier this week...these few days are much better..going for my checkup later today..my hubby was hoping that baby can come out this weekend as he's also getting impatient..and losing focus on his work already...wonder how it will go...

My both delivery are induce, so cant really compare whether pain due to induce or not. But definitely it's painful loh. But 2nd one the pain is much endurable cos have 1st epxerience already. New mummy, suggest you start practicing the breathing methods, or take Yogo to relax yourself. Anyway, if you really cannot take the pain, suggest take epidural. Not that painful, and can relax till dilation completed (like my 1st one). BUT remember to request the nurse/doctor not to give too much, otherwise you will have side effect immediately, or you will be too numb to push when ready.

Ah Cheng

ladies, i went for my checkup yday.. Wk 37 and my baby boy is still so tiny..
only 2.2kg. i duno how to fatten him up.. i've been eating alot already and put on 4kg just in 1 wk.
kinda worried that he is not absorbing well inside.
try eating durian and full cream milk

Meowgirl

hi all..i'm just back from hospital...here's my story...

didn't have much feeling before found out 3cm dilated at gyane's clinic on fri (but my hands and legs have very bad water retention before that, some ppl say it's a symptom too)..decided to induce on sat, then fri evening starts to feel contraction, but very mild, just some continuous not comfortable feeling for the whole evening and night...reached TMC before 7am on sat..went on drip for induction..didn't have any comfortable feeling before that..even nurse was surprised that i'm 3cm dilated and looks very happy...contraction came and go for about 2hrs until 9am++, when it starts to feel slightly stronger..then i asked for entonox... and was sent into delivery suite to wait...was hoping to skip epidural...

but until about 11am, the contraction became so strong then i asked for epidural but the doc only came and give near 11.45am...by then about 6-7cm dilated...then after that is super fast...12pm++ started pushing already..my gynae came and my baby is out at 1pm +...

gynae commented my delivery super fast...for 1st baby..only took overall about 4-5hrs of contraction...if i had epidural earlier..baby will come out even earlier..coz not in pain, muscle will relax and dilate even faster...but conclusion is next time have to ask for epidural earlier...to be spared from the pain and save energy for pushing...

today i'm back home, but baby still in hospital becoz jaundice level a bit too high..have to see if tmr will be better than can fetch him home...start to miss him already...

l0r3tTa

hi all..i'm just back from hospital...here's my story...

didn't have much feeling before found out 3cm dilated at gyane's clinic on fri (but my hands and legs have very bad water retention before that, some ppl say it's a symptom too)..decided to induce on sat, then fri evening starts to feel contraction, but very mild, just some continuous not comfortable feeling for the whole evening and night...reached Thomson Medical Center before 7am on sat..went on drip for induction..didn't have any comfortable feeling before that..even nurse was surprised that i'm 3cm dilated and looks very happy...contraction came and go for about 2hrs until 9am++, when it starts to feel slightly stronger..then i asked for entonox... and was sent into delivery suite to wait...was hoping to skip epidural...

but until about 11am, the contraction became so strong then i asked for epidural but the doc only came and give near 11.45am...by then about 6-7cm dilated...then after that is super fast...12pm++ started pushing already..my gynae came and my baby is out at 1pm +...

gynae commented my delivery super fast...for 1st baby..only took overall about 4-5hrs of contraction...if i had epidural earlier..baby will come out even earlier..coz not in pain, muscle will relax and dilate even faster...but conclusion is next time have to ask for epidural earlier...to be spared from the pain and save energy for pushing...

today i'm back home, but baby still in hospital becoz jaundice level a bit too high..have to see if tomorrow will be better than can fetch him home...start to miss him already...

congratulations Meowgirl :)

thanks for sharing your story..