EDD Feb 2013

oinkquack

Hi all

is there a Facebook group for February 2013 I can join? If so, please let me know! Thanks! :) my baby was born 21 feb.

alleria06

Me too. Back on 29 may. Bb is more responsive & laugh more often now, but not sticky to anyone yet. I guess it's mummy who is harder to part than bb. Haha. Life at work may be less committed ba, coz will be pumping bm at work and miss bb so better take more photo & video on hp.

Meowgirl

alleria06, how much expressed breast milk are u giving ur baby each time? my baby sometimes only take 30-60ml, then he don't want already..not sure if it's too little..

alleria06

Meowgirl, 90ml between 2-3 hrs. Sometimes he doesn't finish (& i heart pain coz then got to discard).

Maybe your bb not hungry yet? If my bb not hungry & i offer breast, he would play with it -suckle then let go and my milk would spray everywhere and made a mess. So i wait till he is a little cranky then give him.

Doc said as long as he is gaining weight and alert when awake, dont need to worry.

Meowgirl

alleria06, my boy is gaining weight very well (or too well :p).. he's already 7.3kg at 3.5mths...if i offer breast, he's ok.. but in bottle then may be a headache..now i prepare every bottle 120ml, ends up throw away more than half most of the time..sometimes want to cut down the bottle volume, then he may complain not enough.. i also heart pain when pour away..

alleria06

Wow my bb is close too, 3.5mo 7.5kg. Haha.. what is his birth weight? Mine 3.56kg.

Then dont worry lah. I find my son after 3mo became more curious of surrounding, maybe thats why he is distracted from food. He always ttrying to get up if put down until his face turn red, and i think he discovered he has hands, keep sucking & licking his fingers now. Haha..

Is he sleeping better now?

Meowgirl

my boy's birth weight is 3.2kg..he'll drink from bottle for a while..when reach 60-70ml, then stop..then will start crying..but wouldn't drink again anymore..

he likes us holding him stand up..if lie down too long, he'll complain..my boy found his hands too..he'll hold up high and stare at them..and the legs up high in the air too..

he's very noisy nowadays...like to make sound..hubby teach him "hello", and sometimes seems like he really can say it..now daytime he mostly sleep in yao lan..but putting him to sleep at night become a pain..these few days he'll stick to me..can't even put him down on bed even if he has fall asleep with me carrying him for more than 1/2 hr..and some nights, he wake up every 1 - 1.5hrs..i nearly become a panda..

alleria06

Haha ya my son also like that, like to be carried upwards & lift up his legs high in the air like want to give birth. Funny ah.
He is babbling alot too, "haeeuuuuu", "huuuu", sometimes i cant tell if he is happy or not.

Do you latch bb? I use this method to put bb to sleep at nite, he wake up abt 4x but at least i can get some sleep while he nurse.

Do you put bb in walker? Im thinking too, just a little worried coz many ppl say it will cause bow leg.

Meowgirl

yaya..he also learnt to grab his clothes and pull it up..my boy likes to bath..everytime we take out his clothes, he knows it and start laughing loud...he'll laugh with his mouth wide open and put both hands and legs up..

i latch baby after 7pm..coz that will be the time i'm home from work in the future...he'll get sleepy while latching..but nowadays he doesn't fall asleep after nursing..he'll wake up once i remove the nipple from his mouth..then still have to pat him to sleep..i also fall asleep while he nurse.. :p nowadays my boy will fall asleep around 11pm then only wake up around 8am+.. but he seems to start yawning soon after he wake up...

i have a walker that can be a rocker as well.. i only put him in once a in while, and he can rock abit..i'm not sure about the bow leg part..i guess if u don't put him inside whole day long, shld be fine...everything shld use in moderation..

alleria06

Meowgirl, wow ur son can sleep non stop from 11pm to 8am? Teach me how leh. Is he sleeping with u?

Where do u buy the walker & rocker from? Can share what it look like?

Meowgirl

no la..he don't sleep non-stop..juz that he will wake up for milk only..then fall back to sleep immediately after..only until 8am+ then is fully awake where he will wake up and play...he sleep in his cot at night..i'll usually carry him to sleep, then i put him back to his cot..tried co-sleep before..but too stress for me..

the walker and rocker is a present from my sisters, they got it from isetan..but i saw similar one in ntuc also.. the side can be turned up to be a rocker, and a mat below for him to rest his legs when rocking..Lucky Baby - 2-in-1 Baby Walker cum Rocker Racer Plus here's the one that i have..