EDD in Dec 2011

ihmdweh

hello Dec 2011 mummies, I'm new to this thread! edd is 21st Dec, heard baby's heartbeat on my last visit to e gynae but forgot to ask him abt heartbeat rate lol
Congrats hibernate!!

I'm so excited for my next appt .. hopefully can detect baby's gender at week 14

AngieTan

Yup i'm a huge potato chips fan as well!!!! SOUR CREAM AND ONION... CALABEE...etc
I wasn't one until NOW!!! Haha... My current child is a potato junkie... I just craved for fries today and not to mention that I wasn't a big fan of potatoes before! LOL! =P

hibernate

Congrats hibernate!!

I'm so excited for my next appt .. hopefully can detect baby's gender at week 14
thanks ihmdweh! :001_302:

hubby and i are only wishing for our baby to come out healthy .. haha! i'm also so excited for my next appt! i want to see baby growing lol

ihmdweh

mmm any of you ladies announced your pregnancy to your boss arleady? I'M DREADING IT.. new to my position and not even passed probhation.. jia lat...

another sad thing is i got another great offer in another firm and i need to tell them that i'm preggy... dunno whether they will accept anot... S***!!

hibernate

mmm any of you ladies announced your pregnancy to your boss arleady? I'M DREADING IT.. new to my position and not even passed probhation.. jia lat...

another sad thing is i got another great offer in another firm and i need to tell them that i'm preggy... dunno whether they will accept anot... S***!!
nope .. not planning to do it till after 3mths .. for now only a couple of close frds, and my family knows ..

Didn't wanted to tell anyone. But when i submit my medical claim, i guess my boss saw the "scan" then ask me if i'm pregnant, lolx. I just smile and say "well, you said it, i didn't tell you" Only my parents know about it. Those others who guessed themselves, i can't do anything bout it but just smile. 3 more weeks and i can tell the whole world!!! Can't wait.

Currently i'm surfing online to see if there's any cheap and good buy for baby cots, etc. Any ideas on which websites got good buy?

AngieTan

Haven't pass probation better don't say and if you intend to go for the better offer, I am afraid you got to tell them straight, unless you can hide your pregnancy till after probation? A bit hard lah so better to be honest IMHO... =)

I mean, worse come to worse, if the new job doesn't accept you after you told them about your pregnancy, you still got your current one to hold on too but yup, I would suggest after the probation then tell them...

Last edited:

ihmdweh

Haven't pass probation better don't say and if you intend to go for the better offer, I am afraid you got to tell them straight, unless you can hide your pregnancy till after probation? A bit hard lah so better to be honest IMHO... =)

I mean, worse come to worse, if the new job doesn't accept you after you told them about your pregnancy, you still got your current one to hold on too but yup, I would suggest after the probation then tell them...
eh probation ends in the mid of june.. by then should be end of 16 weeks... tummy too big? or will become big too fast? Think i'll have to tell them before that and pray hard that they do not extend my probation / ask me to leave.. considering that my job requires me to travel pretty extensively =(

Yes for new offer, i'll let them know the next time i speak to them....

AngieTan

eh probation ends in the mid of june.. by then should be end of 16 weeks... tummy too big? or will become big too fast? Think i'll have to tell them before that and pray hard that they do not extend my probation / ask me to leave.. considering that my job requires me to travel pretty extensively =(

Yes for new offer, i'll let them know the next time i speak to them....
What's your body type like? Can tell easily?

But with your job needed you to travel extensively, I think will be hard for you right? I mean, they probably have to understand and let you travel less but hopefully not affecting the work then... Headache hor? =/

ihmdweh

What's your body type like? Can tell easily?

But with your job needed you to travel extensively, I think will be hard for you right? I mean, they probably have to understand and let you travel less but hopefully not affecting the work then... Headache hor? =/
Think i'm a bit chubby with a flabby tummy now... I'm the lucky few with little or almost no MS so it hasn't affected my work as of now.. but in the 3rd trimester whereby I'm not allowed on flights, then the trouble begins... hopefully my projects do not require me to travel that much then.

DAMN HEADACHE NOW.. even contemplating whether to keep the baby.. new house coming in June, bought an expensive new car in Jan.... now baby coming and no job stability...

AngieTan

Think i'm a bit chubby with a flabby tummy now... I'm the lucky few with little or almost no MS so it hasn't affected my work as of now.. but in the 3rd trimester whereby I'm not allowed on flights, then the trouble begins... hopefully my projects do not require me to travel that much then.

DAMN HEADACHE NOW.. even contemplating whether to keep the baby.. new house coming in June, bought an expensive new car in Jan.... now baby coming and no job stability...
Oh no... You must never contemplate that thought! Babies are a blessing, no matter what and there is no such thing as whether they came at the right time or not... Actually I lost my job when I got preggy and definitely finances were tough like hell but still, we managed...

The commitments you have, is it worth for you to give up your baby for it? Maybe something can be done to minimise those commitments? Is it your first baby? Were you ready for one in the first place?

ihmdweh

Oh no... You must never contemplate that thought! Babies are a blessing, no matter what and there is no such thing as whether they came at the right time or not... Actually I lost my job when I got preggy and definitely finances were tough like hell but still, we managed...

The commitments you have, is it worth for you to give up your baby for it? Maybe something can be done to minimise those commitments? Is it your first baby? Were you ready for one in the first place?

Oh man Angie you lost your job because you were preggy then?!?!?!? Yes this is my first baby and no we were not ready for one when we first found out :( (only married for 6 months) but now we got used to the idea so it isn't that bad.. the most we sell our car.. and every cent will go back to the bank (at least won't have to pay monthly installments) and I'll take on home based jobs if required.

godloved

Hey dear..

It is not easy to raise a child, and with it comes many sacrifices. I am not going to say it's a bed of roses in terms of motherhood and I can safely say our worries start the very first day we know we are expecting. However allow me to encourage all of us (myself included) to think of the gift that has been bestowed upon us. Not everyone has the chance to be a parent and for some it was years of trying before getting a child. I believe that the child came into your life because of a reason that only time will reveal. Please, try to keep the baby, especially if it is purely material reasons that are making you contemplate giving it up.

We are not you, of course, we deal with things differently but as a 2nd time mummy-to-be, I can tell you that having my child and awaiting the 2nd has brought me the simplest and greatest joys in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Even the meltdowns and the not so good days..they define me..what I am today. Financially, things can always be worked out..when the going gets tough, the tough gets going..

I believe you can do it...

Just my two cents worth...Just my humble opinions

ihmdweh

Hey dear..

It is not easy to raise a child, and with it comes many sacrifices. I am not going to say it's a bed of roses in terms of motherhood and I can safely say our worries start the very first day we know we are expecting. However allow me to encourage all of us (myself included) to think of the gift that has been bestowed upon us. Not everyone has the chance to be a parent and for some it was years of trying before getting a child. I believe that the child came into your life because of a reason that only time will reveal. Please, try to keep the baby, especially if it is purely material reasons that are making you contemplate giving it up.

We are not you, of course, we deal with things differently but as a 2nd time mummy-to-be, I can tell you that having my child and awaiting the 2nd has brought me the simplest and greatest joys in my life. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Even the meltdowns and the not so good days..they define me..what I am today. Financially, things can always be worked out..when the going gets tough, the tough gets going..

I believe you can do it...

Just my two cents worth...Just my humble opinions
Yes sweetie, thanks for your encouragement.. I guess i should have rephased it that I WAS contemplating of an abortion.. but now at 12 weeks, i guess i'm pretty set to keep the baby.. and really excited about my next appt with my gynae.

ihmdweh

Yes sweetie, thanks for your encouragement.. I guess i should have rephased it that I WAS contemplating of an abortion.. but now at 12 weeks, i guess i'm pretty set to keep the baby.. and really excited about my next appt with my gynae.

sigh not dreaming of going for the fabulous job offer now.. just hoping that i don't get sacked.