EDD in July?

I just reach home from my gynae appt & lunch. He say my baby too fat. And I got gestational diabetes. :( sigh. Everything also cannot eat. Super troublesome. Must maintain my blood sugar level.
Oooo... so how big is ur boy boy now??? hmm... ur gynae need u to control the food u eat??? so must u do any testing urself at home???

usagibb

I just reach home from my gynae appt & lunch. He say my baby too fat. And I got gestational diabetes. :( sigh. Everything also cannot eat. Super troublesome. Must maintain my blood sugar level.
oh, the u got to cut down on carbo stuffs? endure....another 12weeks and will be okie for u

raindrop

Oh no! :( I think u need to do blood test on ur own right? better watch what you eat. I heard also, some mummies needed to do their own injection on their butt at home. then when no space, got to inject on other parts of body. Very poor thing! :(

Probably find time to do exercise everyday? eat more fresh fruits and vege! Like Mixue84 says, balance diet is important!

Tiggee

My boy abt 1.3kg. Very fat! :( for now, no need to inject anything. But my test my blood sugar level daily. If by next week nv improve den need to go back see gynae again. :( alot of things cannot eat. I miss my chocolate already. :(

My boy abt 1.3kg. Very fat! :( for now, no need to inject anything. But my test my blood sugar level daily. If by next week nv improve den need to go back see gynae again. :( alot of things cannot eat. I miss my chocolate already. :(
wow you alway say u r fat.. so now u know is ur boy boy taken ur weight lor n u r not fat at all ... is ok.. 12 more wks u can eat watever u wan lor **Cheer**

bochup

Hope your glucose level returns to normal soon! Short term pain (no chocs etc) for long term gain! =) You can still take carbo if it's complex carbo like wholemeal. Must avoid simple carbs like rice, noodle, etc.

I went to gynae today for emergency visit cos I fell down and sprained my ankle. Baby was kicking me shortly after so I assumed he was ok but I felt some tightness so thought better to see gynae after I called the office. Doc said we're both doing ok but I had slight contraction probably cos I was frightened. The baby is around 1.3kg but doc never say the baby is too fat... said I'm on track weight-wise. I'll take my glucose test next week so hopefully will know if got diabetes etc after.

Hope your glucose level returns to normal soon! Short term pain (no chocs etc) for long term gain! =) You can still take carbo if it's complex carbo like wholemeal. Must avoid simple carbs like rice, noodle, etc.

I went to gynae today for emergency visit cos I fell down and sprained my ankle. Baby was kicking me shortly after so I assumed he was ok but I felt some tightness so thought better to see gynae after I called the office. Doc said we're both doing ok but I had slight contraction probably cos I was frightened. The baby is around 1.3kg but doc never say the baby is too fat... said I'm on track weight-wise. I'll take my glucose test next week so hopefully will know if got diabetes etc after.
wow... ur baby also 1.3kg??? hmm.. my last visit baby was about 600g, hope next wk visit will be about 1 kg liao... but i juz eat 3 meal n this few days not feel well too... btw how many wk r u now and so is everything ok now??? must take care ok ^_^

Last edited:

bochup

wow... ur baby also 1.3kg??? hmm.. my last visit baby was about 600g, hope next wk visit will be about 1 kg liao... but i juz eat 3 meal n this few days not feel well too... btw how many wk r u now and so is everything ok now??? must take care ok ^_^
Thanks Jennifer =) My baby was about 800+g last visit (about 3 weeks ago) so now I'm wondering if the doc read wrongly and it's 1.2kg or something. Kinda scary for such a big weight gain when I haven't exactly had that big of an appetite. Maybe the bone heavy or something since I've been popping 1,500mg of Calcium pills everyday hehe

I'm going into my 29th week in a few days and I don't really eat a lot. Just 3 meals and not much rice during dinner. Snacking more on seaweed cos it helps my hypothyroid condition. How about you? =)

Tiggee

I have to control my diet if not I have to use insulin. I failed the test by alot. But I sort of expected it already.
My gynae don't like fat babies, plus I got GD (gestational diabetes) so he wants to keep the baby as small as possible.

Thanks Jennifer =) My baby was about 800+g last visit (about 3 weeks ago) so now I'm wondering if the doc read wrongly and it's 1.2kg or something. Kinda scary for such a big weight gain when I haven't exactly had that big of an appetite. Maybe the bone heavy or something since I've been popping 1,500mg of Calcium pills everyday hehe

I'm going into my 29th week in a few days and I don't really eat a lot. Just 3 meals and not much rice during dinner. Snacking more on seaweed cos it helps my hypothyroid condition. How about you? =)
morning all mummy,

bocbup: for me i only eat fish oil pill everyday but other pill gynae ask me to eat alternate day cos is too heaty for me... today will be my 27 wks and i only eat 3 meals, only sometime teabreak will eat some biscuite or bread... for dinner my maid alway give me alot of rice but alway ask her too cute hahah... cos sometime too full liao...

I have to control my diet if not I have to use insulin. I failed the test by alot. But I sort of expected it already.
My gynae don't like fat babies, plus I got GD (gestational diabetes) so he wants to keep the baby as small as possible.
u can do it... don't be so stress up.. jia you ^_^

usagibb

Tiggee, i think why ur gynae dun like big baby is becos when comes to natural mite not be easy, so smaller bb is easier to go thru the process, thats what my gynae told me when i have my #1, also ask me to be careful with my weight and bb cannot too big, wait natural alot of complications.

I duno the weight of my bb at 28weeks....hehe...my gynae usually dun measure the weight and tell me de...but he do comment that my bb is kind of smaller in size for this round, so I guess maybe less than a KG...hehe...i still got about 10-12weeks, so hopefully, bb can gain more and when comes is between 2.8kg - 3.1kg

Last edited:
Tiggee, i think why ur gynae dun like big baby is becos when comes to natural mite not be easy, so smaller bb is easier to go thru the process, thats what my gynae told me when i have my #1, also ask me to be careful with my weight and bb cannot too big, wait natural alot of complications.

I duno the weight of my bb at 28weeks....hehe...my gynae usually dun measure the weight and tell me de...but he do comment that my bb is kind of smaller in size for this round, so I guess maybe less than a KG...hehe...i still got about 10-12weeks, so hopefully, bb can gain more and when comes is between 2.8kg - 3.1kg
wow usagibb congrats today u start ur 3rd trim liao... me 1 more wk to go jia you jia you ^_^

usagibb

wow usagibb congrats today u start ur 3rd trim liao... me 1 more wk to go jia you jia you ^_^
haha...yes...today starts of my 3rd trim....compare to my lst pregnancy i feel this one so much faster lei...hehe...think soon i will post say im back to work from my ML...haha

Tiggee, i think why your gynae dont like big baby is becos when comes to natural mite not be easy, so smaller baby is easier to go thru the process, thats what my gynae told me when i have my #1, also ask me to be careful with my weight and baby cannot too big, wait natural alot of complications.

I dont know the weight of my baby at 28weeks....hehe...my gynae usually dont measure the weight and tell me ...but he do comment that my baby is kind of smaller in size for this round, so I guess maybe less than a KG...hehe...i still got about 10-12weeks, so hopefully, baby can gain more and when comes is between 2.8kg - 3.1kg
tiggee,yup, i think so too..for me, im trying not to eat too much sweet stuff esp like durians coz i dont want my baby to be too big as im planning for natural birth...
heard of too much stories of emerg. C- sect...i hope and pray that it will not happen to me!:001_302:

usagibb

tiggee,yup, i think so too..for me, im trying not to eat too much sweet stuff esp like durians coz i dont want my baby to be too big as im planning for natural birth...
heard of too much stories of emerg. C- sect...i hope and pray that it will not happen to me!:001_302:
ya, recently i also heard alot of emerg. C-sect cases too...well...dun tink so much, just tell urself u are gg for natural, and if really on tat day cant, then no choice lor

cos my lst one, i also say natural, natural, but on actual day, things change, so well...csect then, cos bb still has to come out de...no matter which way, most impt is bb is out safely and healthy...

bochup

Jennifer: Don't need to eat too much rice. Rice is simple carbs so just makes you more tired. Unless it's brown rice. As for calcium, not sure if it's heaty but good to eat at least 1,000mg per day cos the mummies need it, not to mention it's good to help build baby's bones. Maybe can check with your gynae? My gynae said iron pills no rush to take cos it's more for mummy's benefit esp post-delivery (after loss of blood). But calcium is good for baby. =)

Baby size and C-section - Yes it's better not to have too large a baby size. I think head size in particular is quite important... if more than 10cm, could be impossible to pass through cervix. My boy is in breech position now (head is under my chest) so if he doesn't move his head 360 degrees closer to EDD than most likely will have to go for C-section...

Mummies who are planning for C-section, can you share why?

Jennifer: Don't need to eat too much rice. Rice is simple carbs so just makes you more tired. Unless it's brown rice. As for calcium, not sure if it's heaty but good to eat at least 1,000mg per day cos the mummies need it, not to mention it's good to help build baby's bones. Maybe can check with your gynae? My gynae said iron pills no rush to take cos it's more for mummy's benefit esp post-delivery (after loss of blood). But calcium is good for baby. =)

Baby size and C-section - Yes it's better not to have too large a baby size. I think head size in particular is quite important... if more than 10cm, could be impossible to pass through cervix. My boy is in breech position now (head is under my chest) so if he doesn't move his head 360 degrees closer to EDD than most likely will have to go for C-section...

Mummies who are planning for C-section, can you share why?
me not chose.. 1st kid natural birth but 2nd emerg c-sect.. and this coming have to c-sect again.... me a long long story when have to emerg c-sect... if u dont mind i can share wif u kekek.... juz let me know haha