EDD in Sept 2011

Carisella

OMG...LIVER IS RICH IN VIT A AND IS PROVEN TO CAUSE DEFECTS IN BABY...I dun even dare to touch liver or raw food..only sometimes cannot tahan just eat like 2 slices of sashimi..but..liver is bad...
in moderation is fine.. liver is a rich source of iron and also contains a high level of vitamin A.. Large amount of Vitamin A will harm the baby.. thus everything in moderation is fine.. plus eating sashimi (presuming that you're taking it raw) is also highly dangerous due to listeria and salmonella..

an exposure is still an exposure no matter how little it has been taken <-- is that the point you're trying to put across to lydia?

urm...abt the sashimi have to make sure its clean but you wun know for sure...liver is rich in iron and vit a..but yea...moderation...but it doesn't sound like she's eating in moderation..but i hope she is...

ChocoBaby

I'm sure it's just few slices of sashimi now and then and just lil chunks of liver. I had that craving too for a few days. Had like 6-7 pieces, not big, about thumb size. But sashimi i'm still having. Once a week about 6-7 slices as well. Not sure how much is considered moderate but i think enough to curb ur craving is ok. Dont go for a tub of raw fish or liver lah. Lol. But that's my personal thinking. :) Some mummies is strictly NO.

ChocoBaby

Oh n a dozen oysters in in the past 6 months since pregnancy is not too bad isit? Lol... I also want but somehow my hubby say if oysters CANNOT!

lydiaveroni

As long as it's in moderation and not taking it 3 meals a day i feel it's fine. As for oysters and sashimi have to take expensive ones from hotels or good restaurants as they will be stricter in handling. I take green bean soup also cos the body tends to heat up fast. It's up to individual I guess. But for oysters I took only that once, no craving ever since. And I was actually at a dinner with nurses and doctors. They only forbid me from cigs and alcohol even red wine while taking oysters for me. Ha

Carisella

As long as it's in moderation and not taking it 3 meals a day i feel it's fine. As for oysters and sashimi have to take expensive ones from hotels or good restaurants as they will be stricter in handling. I take green bean soup also cos the body tends to heat up fast. It's up to individual I guess. But for oysters I took only that once, no craving ever since. And I was actually at a dinner with nurses and doctors. They only forbid me from cigs and alcohol even red wine while taking oysters for me. Ha
O.O!! Fwah!! I should go eat oysters then.. i wonder will my stupid hubby let me or not.. he will STARE at me when i say i wanna eat raw stuff ;_; so poor thing..

But a glass or 2 of red wine should be ok right? Hope so....
I think you said before you took sips of red wine throughout ur pregnancy right? Heard from other mommies that it's ok too and was encouraged to have some too.. dunno what it's good for too... haha.. but with a staring hubby.. I didn't take any ;_;

Hello ladies!

I was laughing as reading through the thread J

I don’t even dare to eat any raw stuff, even yesterday I ate the minced meat noodles,
The noodles don’t feel very cooked, even my hubby says so, my hubby ate it instead.

Have anyone went for the Philips fair? Prices just lower then retail prices. Not much of bargains.
My hubby got some stuff for me there and now we looking for a baby cot at the baby fair.

Carisella

Hello ladies!

I don’t even dare to eat any raw stuff, even yesterday I ate the minced meat noodles,
The noodles don’t feel very cooked, even my hubby says so, my hubby ate it instead.

Have anyone went for the Philips fair? Prices just lower then retail prices. Not much of bargains.
My hubby got some stuff for me there and now we looking for a baby cot at the baby fair.
O.O!! then in the end what did you eat ?? lolz
Oh.. if you get the baby cot hor, remember to make sure to get the inside measurements for the mattress.. We had to open up the playpen and measure and put dismantle and keep again ;_; heavy

Hello ladies!

I went to the fair but lotsa stuff not available liao... damn sad. wanted to buy breast pad no more. wana buy some model of iron all sold out, no choice have to get the most expensive one.. (still cheap) got a vacuum cleaner, airfryer( No black colour)=( n bb milk bottle n pacifier... cheaper than outside..... but.... this kinda fair next time must go on the first day... regretted..

ChocoBaby

I think you said before you took sips of red wine throughout ur pregnancy right? Heard from other mommies that it's ok too and was encouraged to have some too.. dunno what it's good for too... haha.. but with a staring hubby.. I didn't take any ;_;
Yah i did.... My husband's family all said it's ok. Maybe their thinking different. Said wine helps to have a calmer child & smarter too. But if u see European women all like that u know, still have wine with their dinner. Just dont go drink until drunk lah... So I still take wine but special occassion only. No whisky, gin, tequila or those kind of drinks. That one after give birth can celebrate n have!! :)

ChocoBaby

Oh yesterday i went mustaffa centre, lots of choices for Nuk. Then i saw Tommee Tippee in a box of 3 for $30. First time I see TT bottles u know! So nice! I like! Really look like my nipples, big n wide. Lol. Cos 13 years ago I used Nuk untill now that's the only one I familiar with. Thanks to this Carisella lah... Lol. If u didnt say about that time u wanna order from UK, i wouldnt remember that name. So yesterday i saw i thought "so this the brand carisella meant..." lol.

Shannyang

Hi all mummy, long time no log in le.. I am back from Guilin (China) trip.. I luv the weather there.. so cooling and that I am refused to come back.. :(

Will anyone be going for this coming week Fair at Expo?

Carisella

Oh yesterday i went mustaffa centre, lots of choices for Nuk. Then i saw Tommee Tippee in a box of 3 for $30. First time I see TT bottles u know! So nice! I like! Really look like my nipples, big n wide. Lol. Cos 13 years ago I used Nuk untill now that's the only one I familiar with. Thanks to this Carisella lah... Lol. If u didnt say about that time u wanna order from UK, i wouldnt remember that name. So yesterday i saw i thought "so this the brand carisella meant..." lol.
Very big hor.. lol.. but then the bottle like very wide also.. wonders if lil monster can grab finish or not..

Hi all mummy, long time no log in le.. I am back from Guilin (China) trip.. I luv the weather there.. so cooling and that I am refused to come back.. :( Will anyone be going for this coming week Fair at Expo?
lol.. you have to come back irregardless, already a crime to "smuggle illegal immigrant" in =x
I be gg to the baby expo fair this fri or sat :D

O.O!! then in the end what did you eat ?? lolz
Oh.. if you get the baby cot hor, remember to make sure to get the inside measurements for the mattress.. We had to open up the playpen and measure and put dismantle and keep again ;_; heavy
ate carrot cake instead lol..

thanks for information.. i will get the 4-in-1 baby cot.. i like play pen but we need to think for long term... so really these few months get ready for my baby...

my parents still says there is a chance for a boy! while the detail scan is a gal.. i feel so sad....

I went to the fair but lotsa stuff not available liao... damn sad. wanted to buy breast pad no more. wana buy some model of iron all sold out, no choice have to get the most expensive one.. (still cheap) got a vacuum cleaner, airfryer( No black colour)=( n bb milk bottle n pacifier... cheaper than outside..... but.... this kinda fair next time must go on the first day... regretted..
my hubby went for the fair yesterday too.. i didnt go as scared of the crowded place not good for me
got the sterilizer bundle / single electronic breast pump / warmer / other bottles i dont know freebies or what but he wanted the airfryer!

is the airfryer that good? he really like it alot.. i was thinking its better then normal deep fryer too but its ex at 349....