EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

Happy MTB

Dear mummies! Do you all start feeling braxton hick already? false contraction.
I think i have that kind of feeling, is kinda scary...& now i began to feel very very hard to adjust my position, i will feel cramp at my upper ab, feel very tight also..i walk like a penguin!!!:embarrassed::shyxxx:

cygo

Dear mummies! Do you all start feeling braxton hick already? false contraction.
I think i have that kind of feeling, is kinda scary...& now i began to feel very very hard to adjust my position, i will feel cramp at my upper ab, feel very tight also..i walk like a penguin!!!:embarrassed::shyxxx:
you r not alone dear (the aches, the kicks & the penguin), my hubby did not really understd that, stil ask me do twisting waist exercise (where is my waist excuse me!!!). i did not wanna move much as my back aches, my baby press down on my nerves near pelvic bones (both sides...) etc. & my son is pulling my tummy towards gravity, therefore i hav to walk tilting my head back. haha... & so on & so on.
but hubby help out alot on taking care of my gal laa.
but dont worry dear, all wil be over. & new nightmares wil begin when they r out (cute nightmares , sometimes). haha....

Hidz

Thanks Hidz. U r right, I should start to weigh myself more often to keep track of the weight. I seriously cut down on carbo and sweet stuff after last visit. My hb thinks that Im too bothered with baby's weight, but I just cant help it.

wow.. 5kg really slow and steady... For me, I didnt gain much during 1st trim, but it rocket up after my 20 week scan, like 4 kgs gain within a month. And my intake is normal as before, not sure why thou.

what is maternity belt? Is it used to support the bump?
Yups.. I have to watch my carbs and sugars now too.. Hehe..

Abt the maternity belt, its suppposed to help ease the pelvic and back pain during and after pregnancy.. Its recommended to wear if you need to move around ALOT in your job, cos i do! ;p which is why i'm looking for one now, and recommendations where to get it from ;)

Hidz

Im just curious, if we dont have stretchmarks during pregnancy now, does it mean that we will get them after birth??? Right now i'm having some scratchmarks.. Lol.. Is that consideed as stretchmarks? Cos it was pretty itchy one point of time, but the itch has disappeared for now.. I realised that the material of our clothings & weather also play a part. If its hot, tight and stuffy will itch more ;p

AhJanz

Happy MTB, I have those pelvic bone aching too.. and I started to move like penguin.. I think i really look like one, hb calls me Happy Feet :(

I read that BH can happened after mid of pregnancy.. and it gets more frequent 6 weeks before EDD.

Btw, anyone experience no bb movement like more than 16 hrs? I usually experience movement ard 11pm and 9am+.. but there was no movement since last night. I hope everything is ok.

Hidz, I think I'll need a maternity belt soon. The pain at the pelvic bone area is getting more frequent now, and each time when it attack could last me for 1-2 days. :(

Hidz

I think of labour all the time and get all emotional and even cry!! Like you, I am also thinking of engaging the service of a doula as I believe I need someone professional who can help me relax and relieve my pain. But, it's kind of pricey and it's not a common custom for us to engage one. Husband not keen about the idea and finds it unnecessary... will see how things go.

Sally, i've also told my husband about thedoula services .. He dont seem too keen on it.. Altho personally i felt it'd be kinda useful, eventho its something new to us here in Singapore.. And you're right on that part.. cos its really pricey.. ;p now also will see how things go too hee..

Hidz

Happy MTB, I have those pelvic bone aching too.. and I started to move like penguin.. I think i really look like one, hb calls me Happy Feet :(

I read that BH can happened after mid of pregnancy.. and it gets more frequent 6 weeks before EDD.

Btw, anyone experience no bb movement like more than 16 hrs? I usually experience movement ard 11pm and 9am+.. but there was no movement since last night. I hope everything is ok.

Hidz, I think I'll need a maternity belt soon. The pain at the pelvic bone area is getting more frequent now, and each time when it attack could last me for 1-2 days. :(
Janz, My colleague was wearing one, she said it helped her to get around, lesser pain. I had those pains too.. but last month's was exceptionally bad.. I could barely walk! My husband had to carry me at one point! Was crying cos the pain was so excruciating.. Then my gynae told me its okay to pop in panadol.. So i did, plus had an emergency prenatal massage at home.. It helped.. But i never liked the idea to take meds unnecessarily.. So that was the only time that i ate the panadol.. Then.. i remembered about the existence of the maternity belt.. Lol.. *faints*

Oh btw im also going to get the gym ball (aka birthing ball) this weekend.. Cos i was told that it can also help to relieve body pain.. My elder sis was rolling and sitting on one during her labour back in melb.. Lol.. She said it made the labour pain & birthing a much more pleasant experience.. Been reading up on it and watching some vids on youtube too.. Best if you have someone present when you're trying this out.. Or get into prenatal yoga, which im considering too.. I sat on one gym ball the other other day to test, felt so so shiok.. ! ;D

Last edited:

sallysally

Hidz, do share with me more on the gym ball.. heard about it too but unsure how to use it and if its even possible to do without the help of a pro. I was looking at pre-natal yoga but got disappointed as they are always out-of-way and at an inconvenience timing. so i gave up! :(
I'm desperately in need to find ways that can hopefully help to calm me down during labour...

Oh btw im also going to get the gym ball (aka birthing ball) this weekend.. Cos i was told that it can also help to relieve body pain.. My elder sis was rolling and sitting on one during her labour back in melb.. Lol.. She said it made the labour pain & birthing a much more pleasant experience.. Been reading up on it and watching some vids on youtube too.. Best if you have someone present when you're trying this out.. Or get into prenatal yoga, which im considering too.. I sat on one gym ball the other other day to test, felt so so shiok.. ! ;D

Happy MTB

you r not alone dear (the aches, the kicks & the penguin), my hubby did not really understd that, stil ask me do twisting waist exercise (where is my waist excuse me!!!). i did not wanna move much as my back aches, my baby press down on my nerves near pelvic bones (both sides...) etc. & my son is pulling my tummy towards gravity, therefore i hav to walk tilting my head back. haha... & so on & so on.
but hubby help out alot on taking care of my gal laa.
but dont worry dear, all wil be over. & new nightmares will begin when they r out (cute nightmares , sometimes). haha....
Hi Cyo,

YES! The gravity thing!!! Ya.thanks to our hubby who really help out alot..haha, i laughed out when u said where is our waist! Exactly..WHERE????....I have heard alot of stories after bb is out..Its actually the start of a "nightmare"..but am looking forward to that very much!!!!

Happy MTB

Janz, My colleague was wearing one, she said it helped her to get around, lesser pain. I had those pains too.. but last month's was exceptionally bad.. I could barely walk! My husband had to carry me at one point! Was crying cos the pain was so excruciating.. Then my gynae told me its okay to pop in panadol.. So i did, plus had an emergency prenatal massage at home.. It helped.. But i never liked the idea to take meds unnecessarily.. So that was the only time that i ate the panadol.. Then.. i remembered about the existence of the maternity belt.. Lol.. *faints*

Ya i read about this birthing ball too. But there are many sizes, which sizes are you getting? Is it expensive & where can we get it? Actually i wonder if it will make us fall down? haaaa..cos it is round n may roll? if we cannot keep the balance, will we fall down? Keep us updated ya dear!

venusmama

you can try palmer's cocoa butter... it's proven that it can lightened stretchmark.... i think so... and 1've been using it from 11 weeks now i'm in my 28th week and havent seen any stretchmark yet( cross fingers hehee).
for the pre natal massage.... i guess I'm lucky cos my MIL does pre and post natal massage and she used to work under babybellies. now she's freelancing. nevertheless... its good to have one usually one time during the 5th month, 7th month and before labour...

sjchan

Any MTB experience back pain problem?
I start to have back pain ard week 24 and now getting more serious (Now is week 28).
Initially I only feel back pain in the evening time but now I can start to feel the back pain the the morning then getting more serious in the evening time. I easily feel pain when I'm standing, walking or sitting. Only lay down then I'll not feel the pain.
Any MTB can advise how to relief the back pain?

you can try palmer's cocoa butter... it's proven that it can lightened stretchmark.... i think so... and 1've been using it from 11 weeks now i'm in my 28th week and havent seen any stretchmark yet( cross fingers hehee).
for the pre natal massage.... i guess I'm lucky cos my MIL does pre and post natal massage and she used to work under babybellies. now she's freelancing. nevertheless... its good to have one usually one time during the 5th month, 7th month and before labour...
I'm also using palmer's cocoa butter...
lucky you. have a MIL who does pre n post natal massages!

cygo

Hi Cyo,

YES! The gravity thing!!! Ya.thanks to our hubby who really help out alot..haha, i laughed out when you said where is our waist! Exactly..WHERE????....I have heard alot of stories after baby is out..Its actually the start of a "nightmare"..but am looking forward to that very much!!!!
They r the only nightmare that makes you smile dear. :we3jiggy:

Happy MTB

Any MTB experience back pain problem?
I start to have back pain around week 24 and now getting more serious (Now is week 28).
Initially I only feel back pain in the evening time but now I can start to feel the back pain the the morning then getting more serious in the evening time. I easily feel pain when I'm standing, walking or sitting. Only lay down then I'll not feel the pain.
Any MTB can advise how to relief the back pain?
Hi sjchan,

I have aching on my back, usually worse during the evening time. i find it difficult when i lie, cos i can feel sharp pain on my upper abdomen. I also felt the pain when i try to shift the position from one side to the other. My leg can feel the aching too. I cannot stand long or walk long, my ankle will pain. Usually morning still not that bad..it depends also...

fydapai

Helo Melcochas! im going for my 3d scan on 24th Oct. So excited about it too! doing it at East Shore Hospital. Cant believe its that cheap! :D