EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

fydapai

how cheap is it? my gynae has not asked me to do a 3d scan yet

it cost less than $60. there was a thread about cheap 3d scan at East Shore, so i give it a try and yes its true! :Dancing_tongue:

and 3d scan is best done during the baby is between 26weeks to 30weeks (to get clearer image), so hurry book a slot now!!

Last edited:

AhJanz

Hi Mummies..

This morning, one of my gf told me that there will be no baby bonus for next year due to population hit. Wonder how true is this. CDC$6K + cash bonus $4K is alot!!!

Hi Mummies..

This morning, one of my gf told me that there will be no baby bonus for next year due to population hit. Wonder how true is this. CDC$6K + cash bonus $4K is alot!!!
There is no announcement from the govt about this.
But the govt would have anticipated a surge in the no. of babies born as it's the year of dragon.
My decision to have babies is not decided by the govt's policies. But the baby bonus will help to offload some expenses.
I don't think the govt will suddenly decide not to have the baby bonus. It will; be back-pedalling on the pro-natal population policy.
The birth rate was a record low of 1.16 last year. Replacement level is 2.1.

AhJanz

I agree with you Excited Mummy, Dont think govt will withdraw the Baby bonus so suddenly. And baby bonus was given to help parent to lighten the financial cost of raising the children, no doubt its main purpose is also to support the ideal of having more children.

Not sure why my gf got that news from.

And CDA is impt as it can help with medical-related expenses. Hope my gf heard it wrongly, hehe...

venusmama

hi dear,
yups, been experiencing back pain as well especially when i sit for too long. or when i lay down in certain positions. that's when i ask my husband to massage my back every night...esp the lower back just a short massage abt 5 to 10 mins. My MIL told me to ask him to do it. he can't say no esp when i told him that his daughter is really making me really tired...hehehehe

Any MTB experience back pain problem?
I start to have back pain ard week 24 and now getting more serious (Now is week 28).
Initially I only feel back pain in the evening time but now I can start to feel the back pain the the morning then getting more serious in the evening time. I easily feel pain when I'm standing, walking or sitting. Only lay down then I'll not feel the pain.
Any MTB can advise how to relief the back pain?

AhJanz

Yup, so unfair if they were to withdraw the baby bonus. But there are parent who has already signed up cord banking thinking that they culd use CDA for part of the payment, but only to know that there's no more bonus from 2012 onwards, how ar?

hope that govt will review the scheme instead of withdraw, otherwise it will be an impact to all parent-to-be.

HoFamily

Yes it is SO unfair to mummies and babies in 2012!

i just called baby bonus hotline to clarify, the lady said government is withdrawing the CDC- child development credits of $6k, but the baby bonus of $4k cash will still be given to babies born after 31 Dec 2011. Anyway i still feel that it is unfair to have withdrawn this 6k.

Luckily I'm a member of this forum or else i wouldn't know about this sudden news...

AhJanz

Thanks HoFamily for clarifying this with the baby bonus!

Really so unfair. CDC is so useful.. I heard that injections alone can cost up to $1K+ thats why CDC is very helpful in this aspect. Haiz.. dont think we can do anything right?

i just called baby bonus hotline to clarify, the lady said government is withdrawing the CDC- child development credits of $6k, but the baby bonus of $4k cash will still be given to babies born after 31 Dec 2011. Anyway i still feel that it is unfair to have withdrawn this 6k.

Luckily I'm a member of this forum or else i wouldn't know about this sudden news...

Happy MTB

huh so it is confirmed? gosh!! then how now..haiz..baby account still need to open or not? Is really unfair leh..how come they didn't announce? ya..if wouldn't this forum, how would we knw about this?

Indeed, if I have not been a member of this forum, I would not have known either...
Anyway, I called the hotline to ask if the CDC is to be terminated this year.
The lady told me that it's dependent on the Budget - if there is a budget surplus and if the govt want to share the budget surplus. She said this would only be announced in Feb 2012.

Happy MTB

Hi all mummies, we have got it all wrong..I have called and clarified..
CDC is NOT the 1-1 (6K)..CDC is a scheme depend on government budget in Feb. From range $300-$400. So those after December this year will not get this amount of $300-$400.

AND the 101 account that is up to 6K is called as CDA. This is still going on.

The 4K thing is baby bonus. So there are 3 things..CDC, CDA & baby bonus.
So do not worry, the CDA is not affected. We are still getting 6K..

Happy MTB

Hi all mummies, we have got it all wrong..I have called and clarified..
CDC is NOT the 1-1 (6K)..CDC is a scheme depend on government budget in Feb. From range $300-$400. So those after December this year will not get this amount of $300-$400.

AND the 101 account that is up to 6K is called as CDA. This is still going on.

The 4K thing is baby bonus. So there are 3 things..CDC, CDA & baby bonus.
So do not worry, the CDA is not affected. We are still getting 6K..
1-1 not 101

Thank you, Happy MTB for the clarification...
So actually there are 3 things:
(1) CDC
(2) CDA
(3) Baby Bonus
The MCYS website needs to be modified to communicate the info more effectively.

Happy MTB

Thank you, Happy MTB for the clarification...
So actually there are 3 things:
(1) CDC
(2) CDA
(3) Baby Bonus
The MCYS website needs to be modified to communicate the info more effectively.
no problem...keke I think a lot of people are confused over CDA & CDC..that is why....