EDD March 2011

2011mummy

Hi MTBs

Sleep is the hardest thing to get right now... got money also cant buy...LOL :D
I rushed now to the clinic just now cos after bad cramps and diahrrea last night, my baby's movement decreased drastically. I was very worried, only around 10-15 movements over 5 hours... :(
Then, was put on CTG, baby's heartbeat was normal, got contractions on and off. Dilation remained at 1 cm... The latest scan showed that my aminotic fluids suddenly dropped to about 3.8. which according to dr is low and worrying :(

He wrote me an emergency admission slip to admit myself tonight for an induction ( which is a long process) and in event if it fails, It will be a c-section which I dread. Alternatively, he said I could wait and see for 3 to 4 more days to check if the aminotic fluids go up (rarely though)or remain the same , then decide how to proceed... :(

What do you all suggest?
CTG is e scan i do today too.. gynae says my aminotic fluids level kind of drop at border line now.. but baby movements ok with no dilation at all.. so i will see him back in a week time..

evie

After much deliberation and discussion with my family, we all think that it's safer for baby that I undergo induction later tonight.
After all it was highly recommended by my gynae as my amnoitic fluid may drop even further if I continue to wait... which may ultimately result in a c section... :(

Pls pray for me to have a smooth delivery after being induced...

millyming

After much deliberation and discussion with my family, we all think that it's safer for baby that I undergo induction later tonight.
After all it was highly recommended by my gynae as my amnoitic fluid may drop even further if I continue to wait... which may ultimately result in a c section... :(

dont worry, baby will come out safely!
hope you have a smooth delivery tonight!

mummyhu

you go girl! remember to breathe deep! God Bless!

2011mummy

jiayou and have a smooth delivery..

Jinny

I pray for the best to u!! Jia you!!

actually from the start, my gynae did say that too, eat everything but eat in moderation. but he'd drop hints here and there like dun eat too much grapes, etc. a retired gynae also told me off when i was in my 2nd trimester and he offered me coconut juice and i said no thanks....'who says u cant drink coconut juice!?' but i can't help but be anxious and worry whether i'm eating right.
family friend had a kid who is autistic. they sent samples of his hair to the US for testing and found it to have high mercury content, among other things and the mother admitted to eating a lot of seafood while pregnant. so it made me kinda paranoid, so i only eat salmon and some freshwater fish and some prawns here and there.
If this is the case then I think it'll be right to assume autism is rampant in Japan due to their diet there? :)

But Seriously, I think there are a lot of misconceptions about pregnancy due to Chinese beliefs. Some have sense but most of them are just product of plain paranoia. My gynaes said the same thing (got 2 gynaes, 1 from back home & 1 here in Singapore)

Hi mummyhu

Pls dont get so paranoid... I guess all the seafood if just taken in small amounts here and there is not too bad, I also eat alot of salmon and occasionally crabs.
But I totally avoid those shellfish. After reading your post also made me abit paranoid ...:elvis:. Lets hope we all can have a smooth delivery and healthy baby :)
BTW my EDD is 11 Mar, till now cervix also not even dilated.. gotta walk more and do more squats lol..
Edd's march 10. Hoping my cervix starts to dilate soon, doctor told me to start walking more often.

jacole

Hello all,

anyone looking for homemade rice wine confinement period?

I have 4 bottles of home made red rice wine to let go at $12 per bottle.

each 750ml
No preservatives added
best for confinement, remove wind (qu feng), blood circulation

Pm me if interested

mummyhu

If this is the case then I think it'll be right to assume autism is rampant in Japan due to their diet there? :)
yeah i did think about that, but u never know, maybe the prego jap ladies were warned not to take too much seafood also, just like we were warned not to eat too much pineapple after conceiving.

nighthawk

Dear Mummies

Clean Freak??We are offering cleaning service(Dust mite
cleaning) to parents who would also wanna benefit from this services.
We do not represent any vacuum cleaner company therefore we would not
hard-sell any expensive machine/ any cleaning packages
just give us a call/sms for a cleaner environment cleaning
appointment-Just that simple

Check it out at the link below
YouTube - Cleaning dust mites from a mattress

seeing how dirty a clean looking mattress is,for benefit of our health
and loved one do sms/call us for enquiry

Our pricing is as follows:
- 1st mattress: S$40
- subsequent item (can be sofa/carpet etc): S$8

There is no hidden costs nor transportation charges

Call/SMS Alex now @ 97618563 for appointments.

For sure you will not regret to engage our serious cleaning service attitude

"let live in a clean environment!"

^ I've been eating pineapples since my first trimester!:001_302: Japanese women are just asked to avoid eating too much sashimi but not seafood. My Japanese colleague told me about this :)

kaitokane

Went gynae appointment on wednesday, had my cervix check, not open yet :< Sobb.. wanted to induce, but doctor say it's 50% chances of success rate. so yeah, gotta wait till next week appointment and see how it goes.

i personally think that cervix check is quite painful lehs!! -.- maybe not yet open thats why..

Anyways, hope that i can faster end this pregnancy moment! :) grr, this 12 days awaiting, seems really LONG.. ~~~~~

mummyhu

^ I've been eating pineapples since my first trimester!:001_302: Japanese women are just asked to avoid eating too much sashimi but not seafood. My Japanese colleague told me about this :)
I think you have misunderstood what im getting at. One should NOT avoid seafood totally because the nutrients are too good not to eat, i have never dissuaded anyone from eating seafood. Altho i have not read any report that contradicts/disputes that certain fish are dangerous to eat because of high mercury content so those are ones to avoid. at the end of the day, after reading watever studies and info available and u still choose to eat sharksfin and swordfish or watever stuff that is supposedly bad for pregos, it is at ur own risk. im just explaining why i personally chose to avoid or eat less of certain foods...its just for a few months, i can certainly live without some stuff and there will also be no guilty feelings!

mummyhu

Went gynae appointment on wednesday, had my cervix check, not open yet :< Sobb.. wanted to induce, but doctor say it's 50% chances of success rate. so yeah, gotta wait till next week appointment and see how it goes.

i personally think that cervix check is quite painful lehs!! -.- maybe not yet open thats why..

Anyways, hope that i can faster end this pregnancy moment! :) grr, this 12 days awaiting, seems really LONG.. ~~~~~
Hi kaitokane, why do you want to induce? can't wait already?
is your baby's head engaged yet?
i also think the cervic check is quite uncomfy, i squirm a bit and bite my lip so i dun squeal haha.

kaitokane

Hi kaitokane, why do you want to induce? can't wait already?
is your baby's head engaged yet?
i also think the cervic check is quite uncomfy, i squirm a bit and bite my lip so i dun squeal haha.
wanted to induce as i totally can't wait to end this lousy pregnancy moments. hahahs!
yupps, baby head already downwards, but cervix still not open, sieh sad sial.

Really? some mummies still tell me not pain, it's normal.. blahs blah.. but i think it's quite pain! No, tahan! dun squeal, hahaha! that will be awkward man! lmao..

^Having an induced labor makes the whole labour process more painful according to my colleague who just gave birth. Maybe you can discuss that with your gynae but personally, I'd rather wait and just walk & swim more :p

^^I'm also just trying to state that there are a lot of things that came from old wives tale, traditions and hearsays but no medical proof if you try to look for one.:wink:

mummyhu

wanted to induce as i totally can't wait to end this lousy pregnancy moments. hahahs!
yupps, baby head already downwards, but cervix still not open, sieh sad sial.

Really? some mummies still tell me not pain, it's normal.. blahs blah.. but i think it's quite pain! No, tahan! dont squeal, hahaha! that will be awkward man! lmao..
Oh dear. As sunshine says, U shouldn't induce coz it's known to make labour longer and more painful coz the contractions are not as gradual as in a natural labour, it's more intense. Hang in there, uve been doin well for the past 38 wks, wats another 2 wks?
I believe the cervix checks are supposed to hurt coz the nurse who was with me commented I did well, couldn't see the pain on my face