EDD March 2011

paper

I used to wake up in middle of night to pump but when i went back to work, i dont. Becos so tiring, still gotta get my pump, fixed, and store milk, just very tiring.. lol..
At night i will also tend to get engorged and sure leak thats why i need to put breast pads and get my baby to drink lor.

hi paper, when i go to work, i will pump twice, have to simulate and express out milk so will not stop production. I use office's handicap toilet to pump. At first i thought might not be enough, so far still able to meet baby's needs but recently my baby's appetite drop alot, 100ml is sufficient for her! So Have not open any FM to give baby drink. Maybe you can try to pump at work :)
I have already supplement my boy with formula quite some time ago le... I won't be waking at night to pump too le. Too tiring...

Jespang: I can pump an average of 150 to 200 ml in one session.... My boy drinks 160 ml every 4 hours and I only pump 3 times a day so cannot keep up sometimes.. Hee.. My boy also only poo once on every 2 or 3 days...

jespang

So envy! No matter if I pump regularly or not my total milk is always around 100ml or so. Furthermore, i hv to spend at least 20min at each side. Thus, I rather let her latch on directly also save the trouble to wash those stuffs. N bcos of my milk amt, my hubby alway worry tat my girl is not drinking enough. Whenever he call fr abroad he will keep asking if I hv supplement her with FM or not. So fed up!

Paper, will ur boy sometime refuse to nurse fr ur breast? Mine does. Once awhile when I try to nurse her, she will suck for few secs n cry loudly n push me away so I change to other side, same thing happen. Tried few times, she cried even louder. So I got no choice but to give her FM. My mum said maybe she is too hungry or impatient so when she suck on my breast for few secs n there no let down or milk, she will start to cry. Hv u experience tat b4?

Jinny

Hi Jespang

If you really want to nurse ur baby, try to do it exclusively. Once baby knows there's an easy way out (from FM) rather than drinking from your breast, they will naturally chose the FM. As FM may taste better than BM.
To encourage baby back to your breast will be difficult if your milk supply is not there and simply gets frustrated.

Infant Nursing Strike

When your baby start screaming at your breast, you must cool her down, play with her and try again.

If you need help you can call the lactation consultant from hospitals or counsellors to advise you.
Breastfeeding Mothers' Support Group (Singapore) - Home

However if circumstances dont allow you to BF exclusively its your choice to start weaning baby off BF if supply is dropping.

paper

So envy! No matter if I pump regularly or not my total milk is always around 100ml or so. Furthermore, i hv to spend at least 20min at each side. Thus, I rather let her latch on directly also save the trouble to wash those stuffs. N bcos of my milk amt, my hubby alway worry tat my girl is not drinking enough. Whenever he call fr abroad he will keep asking if I hv supplement her with FM or not. So fed up!

Paper, will ur boy sometime refuse to nurse fr ur breast? Mine does. Once awhile when I try to nurse her, she will suck for few secs n cry loudly n push me away so I change to other side, same thing happen. Tried few times, she cried even louder. So I got no choice but to give her FM. My mum said maybe she is too hungry or impatient so when she suck on my breast for few secs n there no let down or milk, she will start to cry. Hv u experience tat b4?
Jespang: I can pump more cos I don't nurse him at all :p I do exclusive pumping since he is back from hospital cos I find direct latch on very painful and difficult... So in the end decided to only pump... After nursing, you can still pump 100ml is very good already!

jespang

Hi Paper I used to pump at night when my hubby will feed her with FM then daytime my hubby will use my EBM to feed her when I m busy with housework. Starting fr two mths ago, I let her latch on completely. Tonight she refuse to suck fr my breast again, sigh!!

Hi Jinny, I know once she use to bottle feeding she will reject sucking fr my breast. Due to some reasons I can't BF her exclusively fr the first day she is born. But all along she has no problem drinking milk either fr bottle or fr my breast. This problem only happen abt three wks ago. N happen once in every 1 2 days. Guess she is growing up, hence getting more n more demanding n difficult.

Jinny

Hi Paper I used to pump at night when my hubby will feed her with FM then daytime my hubby will use my EBM to feed her when I m busy with housework. Starting fr two mths ago, I let her latch on completely. Tonight she refuse to suck fr my breast again, sigh!!

Hi Jinny, I know once she use to bottle feeding she will reject sucking fr my breast. Due to some reasons I can't BF her exclusively fr the first day she is born. But all along she has no problem drinking milk either fr bottle or fr my breast. This problem only happen about three wks ago. N happen once in every 1 2 days. Guess she is growing up, hence getting more n more demanding n difficult.

Hello, don't be discouraged, I'm sure all bf mums have gone through this stage where babies refused to suckle including me. There are many reasons, baby could be fussy, milk flow not enough, got gas, or mayb something that you have applied on ur body that she don't like..?
But u mean in the day she got no prob latching on only at nite?
For me, I will just try n try, if she still don't want, done. Go and slp. But she maybe really hungry then I'll give her 1 btl of EBM.

jespang

Mostly happen at nite b4 her bedtime. Cos during daytime she will nap for abt 2hrs so enough time for my breast to hv enough milk for her then she will play awhile n take a short nap again n by then my milk supply is full again. This morning she is so naughty, want me to carry her n walk around the hse. The moment I sit down or stop walking she will start to make a fuss. Gosh!! Nowsday, babies are getting more n more difficult to take care. Yesterday, she did the same thing to my MIL as well.

Jinny

Ya lor, I also dont understand why my girl during her cranky times, must carry her, the moment I put her down bed she cry... And keep shouting and screaming, like scolding people, very fierce...
Few days ago she was so cranky till she laid a huge scratch across her face :/ I hope she dont make more scratches, if not gonna put her mittens back on for her.

jespang

Sometime in the morning I find new scratches on her face as well. Sometime still hv blood on it. Dun know y babies' nails grow so fast, hv to trim at least once or twice a wk. My girl enjoy sucking her hand so if I put on the mitten it will only get wet.

paper

My boy also like to suck his fingers so much... I don't give pacifier so I let him suck fingers if not he will scream...haha

melvinchia

Alpha Male
Hello melvinchia

just curious, how much EBM can your girl drink from bottle when ur wife is back to work?

Do you think there is any decrease or increase in baby's appetite?

I just realise u if ur real name is Melvin, my hubby also share the same name as u! lol...
Hihi, yup my real name is Melvin. My bb girl drinks act 100++ each time.. sometimes more, sometimes less.. sometimes fussy only drink abit then down liao.. sometimes drink up to 140-150ml.. hahah.. up to her mood..

Jinny

Hi Melvin your girl drink alot hor.. Welcome to the forum :)
Very few husbands are chatting in such mummy forum, usually they rather chat in those tech forums.. Hee

Jinny

My boy also like to suck his fingers so much... I don't give pacifier so I let him suck fingers if not he will scream...haha
I wonder when they will pass this "sucking" phase! My girl has been sucking everything she can grab hold of, sometimes I carry her straight up she also wanna suck my face.. But very cute la.. So I just give her teether to suck. She's on pacifier but she will get sick of it n spit out to suck her fingers again.

jespang

My girl does that often. Either she put her hand into her mouth or whenever I carry her she will lick or suck my arm/shoulder. Another hobby she enjoy is playing with her saliva or blow bubbles bubbles. My girl finally can flip over by her own. But also add more stress on me, hv to really make sure she is within my sight.

How do u usually burp ur baby? I will let her sit up n pat on her back but my dad will keep nag n nag said tat baby's spine/bone is so fragile, her back will hunch when she grow older.

melvinchia

Alpha Male
Hi Melvin your girl drink alot hor.. Welcome to the forum :)
Very few husbands are chatting in such mummy forum, usually they rather chat in those tech forums.. Hee
hee.. she drink alot meh? but she's still under-sized leh.. now already 4mths but still can fit in newborn or 3mths clothes.. the 3-6mths all too big for her.. want to buy nicenice dresses for her also cannot find size.. hahaha..

melvinchia

Alpha Male
My girl does that often. Either she put her hand into her mouth or whenever I carry her she will lick or suck my arm/shoulder. Another hobby she enjoy is playing with her saliva or blow bubbles bubbles. My girl finally can flip over by her own. But also add more stress on me, hv to really make sure she is within my sight.

How do u usually burp ur baby? I will let her sit up n pat on her back but my dad will keep nag n nag said tat baby's spine/bone is so fragile, her back will hunch when she grow older.
my wifey and i will pick her up, put her head on our shoulder, and pat on her back.. i usually pat until like drum.. and BUUUUURP will come out..

you need to break this as finger/thumb sucking will cause your baby to get callous on her thumb/finger :) They will outgrow it eventually but for now all we can do is to tell them "it's not good" then remove their fingers/thumb from their mouths. Avoid saying "no" to your baby as it is a negative word and it'll be harder to discipline babies who were exposed to hear negative words once they're bigger.

paper

you need to break this as finger/thumb sucking will cause your baby to get callous on her thumb/finger :) They will outgrow it eventually but for now all we can do is to tell them "it's not good" then remove their fingers/thumb from their mouths. Avoid saying "no" to your baby as it is a negative word and it'll be harder to discipline babies who were exposed to hear negative words once they're bigger.
Oh really? Oops, I always let him suck cos he would fall asleep more easily and he self soothe using this method :p so eveytime, we have to take out? Actually I'm also worried he would be dependent on his fingers and would cause harm to his fingers or to his speech in future... But my hubby is strongly against pacifier and I think my boy also won't take it anymore..

Sunshinesheens, does your baby suck fingers too?