EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gemini11

Hi mummies, i just did my scan few days ago, and at 31 weeks, baby head circumference is measuring 34cm. Gynae says it's a big head baby, i was laughing when she said that, cuz his daddy has a big head too. Then i asked her, if it will be difficult for me if the baby head is big...she hestitated for a while and said " not really" but it feels like she doesnt wan me to worry. I recalled how my mother in law told me her first son has a big head, second bigger then last one so big that she has no choice but to opt for C section last min. OMG! i dont want to opt for C section last min, now i'm thinking... if i should just do C section to avoid all the unnesscary trouble.

I know it sounds weird but hope you gals can share the size of your babies head around this period and what's your opinion on this?

Last edited:

Meilynn

Hi mummies, i just did my scan few days ago, and at 31 weeks, baby head circumference is measuring 34cm. Gynae says it's a big head baby, i was laughing when she said that, cuz his daddy has a big head too. Then i asked her, if it will be difficult for me if the baby head is big...she hestitated for a while and said " not really" but it feels like she doesnt wan me to worry. I recalled how my mother in law told me her first son has a big head, second bigger then last one so big that she has no choice but to opt for C section last min. OMG! i dont want to opt for C section last min, now i'm thinking... if i should just do C section to avoid all the unnesscary trouble.

I know it sounds weird but hope you gals can share the size of your babies head around this period and what's your opinion on this?

My gynae yet to share wif me the size of my BB's head. I m 31 weeks too. Next appt when I hv 34 weeks I will ask. Wat else do ur gynae measure during the scan?

Now, for my hubby, he is a big head bb too. Somemore part of Twins. My MIL was saying tt she had a hard time but finally managed to deliver them naturally. My gf's bb was generally big size n head big too. Thus, at 37 weeks her gynae induced the labour. She went thru 23 hrs of pain but still only dilated 4cm. Ended up Ceaseran n bb weighs 3.9kg. Guess u may want to seek opinion from ur gynae nearer the term if better to c-sect.

Try not to worry too much k. Jia you!

Gemini11

My gynae yet to share wif me the size of my BB's head. I m 31 weeks too. Next appt when I hv 34 weeks I will ask. Wat else do ur gynae measure during the scan?

Now, for my hubby, he is a big head bb too. Somemore part of Twins. My MIL was saying tt she had a hard time but finally managed to deliver them naturally. My gf's bb was generally big size n head big too. Thus, at 37 weeks her gynae induced the labour. She went thru 23 hrs of pain but still only dilated 4cm. Ended up Ceaseran n bb weighs 3.9kg. Guess u may want to seek opinion from ur gynae nearer the term if better to c-sect.

Try not to worry too much k. Jia you!
Thanks for the reply babe. Now I'm seriously considering C section given the fact that I was considering not to take epidural cuz I alr had bad back due to my previous job, but then again I can't pain. Then now my worry of having to do emergency C section if baby head too big. Well my only consolation is that research shows big head babies r smarter. Lol.

m.guardian.co.uk

I think she measures the arm length and head to top length too.
My baby weighing 1.8kg Now n last month was only 1kg. He's growing at a incredible speed.

climsp

hi meilynn, my gynea give me a free 3d scan during my 20 week scan. actually cant see much also. quite blur also, somemore my baby cover half his baby w/ both hands, like his daddy when sleep, like to have hand by the side.

gemini11, my baby weight 1.6kg at 29week, sound like big baby. hahaha, dun worry too much. i got friend delivery her 4.1kg big head baby girl by natural birth w/o epidural.my friend actually abt 1.55plus height, consider small frame. think if she can do it, most ppl can.

me been worried too much for past few days, think it not going to be better for me or baby. today decide to dress up go work, being a happy mummy..n counting down to my ML. hahaha let jia u jia u together...

arielc

hi meilynn, my gynea give me a free 3d scan during my 20 week scan. actually cant see much also. quite blur also, somemore my baby cover half his baby w/ both hands, like his daddy when sleep, like to have hand by the side.

gemini11, my baby weight 1.6kg at 29week, sound like big baby. hahaha, dun worry too much. i got friend delivery her 4.1kg big head baby girl by natural birth w/o epidural.my friend actually abt 1.55plus height, consider small frame. think if she can do it, most ppl can.

me been worried too much for past few days, think it not going to be better for me or baby. today decide to dress up go work, being a happy mummy..n counting down to my ML. hahaha let jia u jia u together...
yeah the 3D scans can be quite blur, depends on the position of baby... sometimes can see, other times the umbilical cord will be blocking.. my baby's nose looks like my hubby's lol

i'm also counting down to ML... these days don't really want to move around, just want to rest or lie down...

jia you all mummies to be!

Gemini11

4.1 kg w/o epi??!?!?? Omg how long was the labour?

climsp

Hmm I bought Desitin for nappy rash, and avent barrier cream to apply daily.
bought Desitin also. wat is barrier cream for?
actually i dun know desitin cream well also, onli know it is good. must we apply every time when change nappy or when baby got rashes. cos last time baby only put powder.

Gracecwz

i also share the same fear, i asked gynae if baby's head is big, he says, all babies heads are big....but he didn't tell me the measurement. just say all good.

i think he also measure body circumference and length of leg bone. baby now 1.4kg at 30 weeks, gained 11kg so far, gynae wants me to put on more...:x

Gracecwz

Hmm I bought Desitin for nappy rash, and avent barrier cream to apply daily.
Desitin got 2 types leh, you all buy the purple one or the blue one?

I only know from reading other threads, that nipple cream much much more important! must rem to pack in hospital bag!!

Tannie

I bog pureen brand nappy cream, din buy any barrier cream, not sure if necessary...

Barrier cream is to apply every time when change nappy to prevent rash...

Yap, last time bb only use powder... nowsday so many pdt...

esoterice

climsp, no no.. you don't use desitin everytime. Only use it when there're rashes. Cos its too harsh to apply everyday.

As for barrier cream, its for daily usage. It acts as a natural protective barrier for the skin, to help protect the skin. So with the protection, I guess it will reduce the chances of getting rash ba... You can search for Avent barrier cream or bottom balm..

Rzena

Hmm... i did my scan at week 30 and my baby's head diameter is 8cm, that would work out to about 25cm circumference...
wondering if that is considered too small? Will be going for my next appointment on 3 April ..
I am hoping to go for natural delivery if all goes well and there are no risks to me and baby.

Smurfete

At 31 weeks, my baby boy's head is 28 cm and his weight is 1.5kg. His head is not big maybe because he turns head down quite early at week 27 (I have a big head. hahaha), and engaged at 33 weeks. His weight increase to 2kg at 33 weeks... Doctor says he is relatively small

climsp

A day is like 24 hrs!!!!
U mean got ppl take more than a day?!?! Keep me pls!!!
ya, got a collg labour last from 29th dec morning to 1 jan afternoon, she got take epidural, 1st baby.
some ppl very fast, some take 1 or 2 days. it depend. hear epidural will cause delay in labour for some mummies. anyway if really cant take the pain, then take lo, but dun take when abt 6 to 8 cm dilated, tat will be too late.