EDD May 2012 Mummies!

esoterice

Desitin got 2 types leh, you all buy the purple one or the blue one?

I only know from reading other threads, that nipple cream much much more important! must rem to pack in hospital bag!!

I bought the blue one cos my friend says the purple one smells funny? I am not sure.. never smell before! ahah..

Nipple cream ah... But I heard just use breast milk rub on it can liao.. So I never standby nipple cream. I thought if breast milk doesn't work then I will buy..

climsp

when u see ur cutie, it not scary already. i hear my collg say when gynea stitch her up, is painful but w/ baby on her hands, everything also worth it. somemore she very timid type, very scare of pain.

Tannie

I think Destin got 2 cols cause one is barrier cream, one is nappy cream...

I got pigeon brand nipple cream... jus in case, first time breast feed...

My gynae has 3D scan.. But so far, my baby hasnt in correct position for the scan.. Sob Sob..

My friend has gotten 3 3D scan till her delivery.. Envy... ;(

Ur Antental package include 3D scan or need to pay extra? My package juz the normal 2D. Still pondering if to pay extra to hv the 3D scan. Also dunno if my gynae has 3D scan anot. Think gotta call the clinic n ask

Gemini11

i also share the same fear, i asked gynae if baby's head is big, he says, all babies heads are big....but he didn't tell me the measurement. just say all good.

i think he also measure body circumference and length of leg bone. baby now 1.4kg at 30 weeks, gained 11kg so far, gynae wants me to put on more...:x

Hmm... i did my scan at week 30 and my baby's head diameter is 8cm, that would work out to about 25cm circumference...
wondering if that is considered too small? Will be going for my next appointment on 3 April ..
I am hoping to go for natural delivery if all goes well and there are no risks to me and baby.

At 31 weeks, my baby boy's head is 28 cm and his weight is 1.5kg. His head is not big maybe because he turns head down quite early at week 27 (I have a big head. hahaha), and engaged at 33 weeks. His weight increase to 2kg at 33 weeks... Doctor says he is relatively small
Thanks mummies, thanks for ur input on all the head circumference. Now i really think at 31week, 34cm is really quite big. My baby still hasnt engage. Shall see how the next few visit. Hope he doesnt grow too much. Hope can go natural, if cant also wont force, my frd has last min c section, end up bill cameup to 11k.....

esoterice

saw this
Which DESITIN® Product Should You Choose?
both color seem to be for treat and prevent diaper rash. can apply every time during diaper change. i blur now.
think my mum will say dun so mafan, just put powder, got rashes then apply cream!!

Actually can put powder, but some doctors say no to powder cos the particles will get into babies nose.

Hmm although they say can use everytime, but one of the active ingredient is zinc oxide, which is to treat the rash. Whereas the avent one do not have this ingredient, so its not so harsh for everyday usage. Only when got rash then use will be better. Up to individual ba I guess.. But just sharing what I've learnt la..

Tannie

I guess max strength is for serious case... maybe u can get the blue one first... btr not b so harsh to new born skin...

Meilynn

hi, thanks.. I also feel tat for the baby's sake, as the name will stay wif him for a lifetime, I would want to find someone to giv him a suitable name.. but my hubby dun want.. so it's a big challenge for me to convince my hubby...
For me, my hubby is the one who wants the shi fu to name the BB. Initially like I said, we hv one name ready but shi fu said not suitable. I m pretty impressed wif him so decided to go along wif my hb's suggestion. Think fair cos I name the BB's English name n my hb will choose the Chinese one.

For ur hb, why not u suggest he tk the Eng name while u decide on the Chinese name?

Meilynn

Ladies, for nipple cream, I bought Medela brand to standby. But from info garnered from prenatal class, can use breastmilk to rub over.

For nanny rash, no need to apply everyday. Use when required. For those bb using cloth diaper, note tt nappy cream or barrier cream will reduce the absorbent of the cloth diaper. I m hoping tt bb will not dev nappy rash since I will use cloth diaper.

Also, advisable not to use bb powder. Powder particles not so good for bb to breathe in n powder dry in nature so may cause skin to be dry. Use bb lotion more preferable. Johnson n Johnson shd be good enuf.

miracle25

For me, my hubby is the one who wants the shi fu to name the baby. Initially like I said, we have one name ready but shi fu said not suitable. I m pretty impressed with him so decided to go along with my husband's suggestion. Think fair cos I name the baby's English name n my husband will choose the Chinese one.

For your husband, why not you suggest he tk the Eng name while you decide on the Chinese name?
he's actually okay wif whoever name english or chinese name.. just tat now I know we have to register the name within 14 days after birth, which is still in the confinement period.. how are we going to find the master to calculate the bazi when we can't go out?

he jus find it a hassale to go to ICA to do all these paperwork.. actually I've shortlisted afew chinese names, I jus want to find a 2nd opinion to make sure it suits my baby..

Meilynn

he's actually okay wif whoever name english or chinese name.. just tat now I know we have to register the name within 14 days after birth, which is still in the confinement period.. how are we going to find the master to calculate the bazi when we can't go out?

he jus find it a hassale to go to ICA to do all these paperwork.. actually I've shortlisted afew chinese names, I jus want to find a 2nd opinion to make sure it suits my baby..
Actually u can ask ur hubby, fren or sis to go to the shi fu after ur bb is born. Since u hv short listed few names, can get shi fu to calculate which name suits ur bb best. Only possible hiccup maybe tt all the names may not be suitable n ended up shi fu hv to give the name.

Think ICA said though muz registered within 14 days, they also hv this delayed registration of more than 14 less than 42 days. Thus so long within 42 days shd be ok. Will not be fine by ICA :)

Tannie

We had checked with the fortune teller, we can book the service first, once we got the bb birth date n time, we can just call n let her knw n she will help us chose name. I heard we can still go back to the hospital to do the registration even when we r discharged.

milkshake

Hi all

Can I ask what's your baby weight at 30 and 32 weeks? At 30 weeks my baby was 1.45 and I saw on babycentre it is slightly above average. However I'm wondering if it's on the small side cos doc wants the baby to be at least 2.6kg at 36 weeks. Pls advice. Thanks

Meilynn

Hi all

Can I ask what's your baby weight at 30 and 32 weeks? At 30 weeks my baby was 1.45 and I saw on babycentre it is slightly above average. However I'm wondering if it's on the small side cos doc wants the baby to be at least 2.6kg at 36 weeks. Pls advice. Thanks
For my Bb, at 29 weeks weighs 1.2kg. This past week at 31 weeks 1.8kg. She grow alot these 2 weeks. Gynae said within normal range. I did a quick check ffrom those apps I downloaded. 'Baby centre' said at week 31 ard 1.5kg. 'What to expect' and 'my pregnancy' said ard 1.7kg. Think bb centre slightly on the low side.

Looking at ur bb weight, seems ok. However, if u worried n wanna gain weigt, can try taking durian. Both mummy n bb will grow very fast after taking durian. No need tk too frequent though cos very heaty n high sugar content. Initial month when bb was on the small side I took durian once a month. Stopped after 2-3 times. My gynae was saying since my bb now average weight no need tk durian. Last few weeks to full term bb will grow very fast so shd be ok.

When is ur next appt? At wat week?

Last edited: