EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Rukia

Rukia- try not to sleep direct under aircon! I having this problem also! After change place I feel better!

Regard baby intake. My boy only 10day but pd recommend try 90ml! But for BF he can take till 100ml! He realli a big eater! Just 1week back home! My FM tin left 1/2 onli!
Oh you mean my water retention cld be due to aircon? I sleep beside my aircon unit but fan blowing at my legs. Cld tt be the prob? Now only left my fingers swollen.

My bb finishes the formula milk very quickly as well, 1.5-2wk one tin. Was thinking i sld start selling the tins to karang guru to recycle the metal. Haha

Gracecwz

Tannie, after 2hrs of feeding with BM and FM, do u still have d energy to burp ur gal? For night feeds, though if can take like 45mins for my BB, I find that I'm too sleepy to burp him so I hand it over to CL. But I know i hv to persist cos CL will leave one day.
I will try to burp her cause my gal seems to have a lot of wind in her tummy, if dun burp her, the after effect will be worst... But I am not good at burping, half the time failed to burp her... Sometimes I am reluctant to burp her cause after patting her back, she became wide awake and there goes my chance to sleep....
Exactly, maybe wait till baby Hal sleep then pat?

climsp

Hubby just scold FIL for keeps calling to check on baby! I am inbtw now! I SMS BIL to tell them only call at nite when I wake up from rest! Seem like he also not understanding cos he anw me they very happy over my boy tat why call to ask! But both always call in morning n afternoon when tat the onli time for me to rest since I take care baby ourselves at nite! Everyday call to ask how baby, got drink milk got bath got sleep! Wonder Wat baby can do everyday! Just now MIL call me say she bought alot of clothes cost abt $50++ each!! Me n hubby was super heartpain!! If she buy 6 sets wonder how much milk we can buy le or we can get a stroller also! She always anyhow spend $$.

Think cos of baby the relationship btw his parent n him will get worse!

Gracecwz

Dear Climsp, my boy also very rough with breast feeding. Suck very hard. He suck harder that my pump Max strength! So yesterday both my nipples cracked already.

When I saw how slow milk comes out from my breast, I understand why he suck so hard n so long... So little milk! Now I using pump, low strength, pump very 2 hrs. Just good meet his demand. But takes many times longer than his feeding duration to achieve. Wonder if this is just a phase? How long will it take for nipple to heal? I miss the bonding we shared
Try to apply nipple butter now n then to let it heal. Also thru not to wear bra to air the nipples. I think to let BB suckle is the best way to stimulate supply :)
Very good advice, it really helps. I just not really comfortable with walking ard my house bare breast or have everyone, mom, maid, mil see me breast naked. How ah? Bo bian am?

AngelaNg

There is this standard formula doc always use to calculate the recommended amount of milk your baby should take
Its your baby weight * 150 / 8
I overheard a nurse telling another mummy when my boy was hospitalised.

Rukia

Can i wear a gridle instead of ad binder after csect? Cos i find that the binder doesnt cover much of my upper tummy, thus its still very flabby. Any good brands to recommend.. Hate the sight of my flabby tummy, but i am still not given the green light from my gyn for massage :(

Gracecwz

My CL left today. Think both my hubby n me started to miss her. She is so good tt though leaving this morning, she still washes the bedsheet, pillow case she used, change my bedsheet, washes my gal's clothing n cool soup for our dinner. Lunch she did not cook as I m going back to my parents place.

My gal tends to fall asleep after latching on for 15 to 20 mins. I wil try all means to wake her up including burping her. If successfully burp her, she will be awake n I will continue to feed her. This typically took 1.5 to 2 hours. Very tiring esp at night.

Recently I juz get to know tt wif thyroid disorder, milk supply will be affected. I hv thyroid so hopefully my supply can sustain for at least 6 months. Now I only managed to get my gal to latch on but no excess to pump out for storage. My CL consoled me n said tt if one day my supply runs out, I do not hv to be disappointed as I hv tried my best. Wif this mindset I feel better.

Tonight marks the first night we will tk care if our gal. Wish us luck ladies! Hopefully all will be shun shun ;)
Jia you Meilyn, we will be ere for u thru the night

RedDevil

I'm in tending to order from them. my colleague ordered from them last week, review was good. I'm gonna do mine on 17.

Hi mummies,
Can I check anyone of you cater from Xin Yi Pin before?? How the food?? Thanks!!
Thanks!! Will be having baby 1st month celebration on 23rd June. Thus now looking for catering.

Hmmm so far I'm glad my in law did not come to disturb me. So far they only visit me twice and my Fil din even want to carry my bb. I was like ermm.i find it weird but I just keep quiet.

Hey I want to join the Facebook group too!!

milkshake

My CL left today. Think both my hubby n me started to miss her. She is so good tt though leaving this morning, she still washes the bedsheet, pillow case she used, change my bedsheet, washes my gal's clothing n cool soup for our dinner. Lunch she did not cook as I m going back to my parents place.

My gal tends to fall asleep after latching on for 15 to 20 mins. I wil try all means to wake her up including burping her. If successfully burp her, she will be awake n I will continue to feed her. This typically took 1.5 to 2 hours. Very tiring esp at night.

Recently I juz get to know tt wif thyroid disorder, milk supply will be affected. I hv thyroid so hopefully my supply can sustain for at least 6 months. Now I only managed to get my gal to latch on but no excess to pump out for storage. My CL consoled me n said tt if one day my supply runs out, I do not hv to be disappointed as I hv tried my best. Wif this mindset I feel better.

Tonight marks the first night we will tk care if our gal. Wish us luck ladies! Hopefully all will be shun shun ;)
Good luck meilynn! I'm also dreading the day my CL leaves. She will leave in about 3 weeks.

I have thyroid too! (hypothyroid) but I didn't know that milk supply is affected as my doc didn't mention to me. But like yr CL said - mine also consoles me the same as well that we tried our best and that we shouldn't b sad if we can't continue. Jiayou k!

milkshake

I went to see gynae and PD today. Gynae said my wounds are healed externally and internally looks good too. He also did Pap Smear test today. Told me I can do swimming and walking but no crunches. Internal would would take another 2 months to healed.

As for conceiving - he said to wait 9 months. Told me to try in Feb 2013 again. During the ultrasound he said I can get pregnant easily so ask me to be careful if I intend to have intercourse between now and Feb. ask me to use condom first. Haha

At the PD, as it's baby's first month check - we put her on the weighing scale and held our breath. So kan cheong like waiting for exam results!! I'm very happy to say all that hard work, sleepless nights, pain and tears paid off. My baby met and exceeded her weight milestone. From 2.57kg at first week of birth to 3.85kg today :) the target was to put on around 800g-1kg considering my baby was small. So jiayou to all bf mummies!

tulipmelody

Tannie:657007 said:
Anyone using Drypers / pet pet? What is your review ?
I m using pet pet and huggies for my gal. Drypers will give her rash. Pet pet is economy, coz less than $0.20 per pcs. U can get the nb size for pet pet at kim sang medical hall, 36 pc/pack at $6.

Rukia

I went to see gynae and PD today. Gynae said my wounds are healed externally and internally looks good too. He also did Pap Smear test today. Told me I can do swimming and walking but no crunches. Internal would would take another 2 months to healed.

As for conceiving - he said to wait 9 months. Told me to try in Feb 2013 again. During the ultrasound he said I can get pregnant easily so ask me to be careful if I intend to have intercourse between now and Feb. ask me to use condom first. Haha

At the PD, as it's baby's first month check - we put her on the weighing scale and held our breath. So kan cheong like waiting for exam results!! I'm very happy to say all that hard work, sleepless nights, pain and tears paid off. My baby met and exceeded her weight milestone. From 2.57kg at first week of birth to 3.85kg today :) the target was to put on around 800g-1kg considering my baby was small. So jiayou to all bf mummies!
I am curious, how does your gyn know that u can get pregnant easily??

milkshake

I am curious, how does your gyn know that u can get pregnant easily??
When he did the ultrasound (vaginal) he scanned both my ovaries and said there were a lot of follicles (black circles on the ultrasound screen) and that apparently is an indicator. So both ovaries have many follicles my womb is also back in place now.

Meilynn

Finally can grab some sleep. Bottle feed my gal wif EBM yet still took me 1.15 hours. Tired.

Btw, the Facebook site is not secured So watever comments I made will be reflected on my newsfeed. Gotta be cautious incase I complain abt my mil n the whole works knows. Scary

climsp

Think at fb is onli share pic n info on feeding clothing bring up of baby etc! Any complain on family n relative, hubby , friend or etc! All here!! Cos I realize tat also! Got family member at fb!!

milkshake

Climsp - u can make the group as private/closed or secret (instead of a page). This means the group is restricted and needs approval from the group admin and whatever is posted in there will not be reflected on newsfeed -- I have a few of such groups with friends. Haha

milkshake

Mummies - what's the fastest natural remedy for sore throat?

Woke up at 530am and felt a bit scratchy on the throat :( now drinking hot honey, hope it goes away as I really don't want to take antibiotics. Wonder if lozenges is safe.

I forgot to pump at 2am and slept right thru to 530am and only woke up after I found my nursing gown, bra and nursing pad soaked with milk! :( think I lost some 50-60ml there