EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Hi May2012 mummies!

For those who have been to the detail scan, may I know how long usually does the scan takes? I will be going for the scan in early Jan! :)

Thanks!

Dilys

Called the clinic and the nurse stated I heaty so causes bad headache. Tody still having bad headache but am still in office working. Hiyah. Tomorrow is my amino test. Worried.
Hi fanger,

Drink more water & eat more fruits!! Don't worry .. Usually people go for amino test the result come out usually fine!

Dilys

Hi May2012 mummies!

For those who have been to the detail scan, may I know how long usually does the scan takes? I will be going for the scan in early Jan! :)

Thanks!
Hi chendolgal,

Detailed scan last normally 15 mins provided your baby is coorperative. :) some last for 1hour. Talk to your baby before the test ask him/her to be good... :)

I am in my 18 weeks my first preg. I still unable to experience the "quickening"... is it because I have thick fats on my tummy? I use to be very plum and still very plump :p

The "quickening" is a feeling in the tummy or when we put our hands on the tummy?

Gynea said some mum will only feel their babies when week 20++ but most friends around me already can feel it some as early as week 16..

I also dindt put on much weight, just gain 2kg since the preg... has anyone experience the similar?

Thanks

icebaby21

I am also in my 18weeks and i dun hv this feeling... Didn't gain any weight at all... so going for my full detail scan and gynae this Thursday, hopefully i gain weight or baby growing bigger... :D

climsp

100plus... Not chill... Woah the taste is aweful... Just like the taste of glucose water during the glucose test!!
glucose water like 100 plus?? then i can take it!! i drink alot of 100plus during 1st trims! i love the taste actually! wahaha
got weird taste since preggy!!

btw anyone sign up kiddy palace member? got 10% discount, forgot wat the fee already!

bought some newborn clothes there, intend to buy the cot or playpen there also.
now bought quite alot of clothes from cotton on kid n kiddy palace!! as there wont be any hand down clothes. next to get should be the bed n feeding stuff.

wonder should i buy breast pump now or after birth...
hubby insist avent!! n keep tell me n baby he will onli get avent!! =.=

climsp

I am in my 18 weeks my first preg. I still unable to experience the "quickening"... is it because I have thick fats on my tummy? I use to be very plum and still very plump :p

The "quickening" is a feeling in the tummy or when we put our hands on the tummy?

Gynea said some mum will only feel their babies when week 20++ but most friends around me already can feel it some as early as week 16..

I also dindt put on much weight, just gain 2kg since the preg... has anyone experience the similar?

Thanks

hihi,
u try lay straight on bed, hands on tummy. talk to ur baby! i start feel like very early. now my tummy can move when baby kicking hard!! some of my friend feel the movement after 20week plus!! btw i on the plump side also, but slim down abit when preggy. i nvr gain weight yet, but bump is growing big!! my thighs r slimmer now, face also!

Maybe it is really true that the first preg will feel it much later.. enjoy your "meeting" session with your baby :). Where is your gynea? Think of any hospital to deliver?

I am also in my 18weeks and i dun hv this feeling... Didn't gain any weight at all... so going for my full detail scan and gynae this Thursday, hopefully i gain weight or baby growing bigger... :D

Dilys

Thanks
Hi clearbluesky,

R u a 1st time mum?? Well as for me I am a 1st time mum.. I feel my baby exactly at 18 wks. You don't have to put your hands on your tummy.. you can just feel the baby moving. I only gained 1kg so far, but baby is gaining weight so it's fine.

Hmm I am slim type.. I am not sure if being plump will effect u in feeling baby"s movement later ... But as long as your baby weight is gaining fine .. U don't have to worry so much. Is your tummy very big already? My tummy is quite big & hard.

You can try to beat your tummy softly.. See if there is any movement?? My baby reacts to loud music so whenever I on loud music he will move, now more movements from him so if there are times that he don't move .. I will slap my tummy.. Then he will react.. :) of cos talk to your baby.. He/she is listening.. Hehe.. My baby is very sensitive to 2 words " daddy" & "baby" he will react when I say these 2 words...

Jia you

Last edited:

Dilys

glucose water like 100 plus?? then i can take it!! i drink alot of 100plus during 1st trims! i love the taste actually! wahaha
got weird taste since preggy!!

btw anyone sign up kiddy palace member? got 10% discount, forgot wat the fee already!

bought some newborn clothes there, intend to buy the cot or playpen there also.
now bought quite alot of clothes from cotton on kid n kiddy palace!! as there wont be any hand down clothes. next to get should be the bed n feeding stuff.

wonder should i buy breast pump now or after birth...
hubby insist avent!! n keep tell me n baby he will onli get avent!! =.=
Yes .. Glucose water taste like 100plus when you are drinking it... But once you finish it .. The after taste on your thoart will make you feel like puking.

Breast pump personally I think it's best to buy after birth. You don't know of you have sufficient milk.. Some friends bought pumps but they used once only so wasted !!

Hi Dilys, yes I am first time mum.. then I didnt feel it yet.. I will patiently wait :) maybe it is really due to the thick fats I have on my tummy .. haha . Tummy is getting bigger i guess.. I didnt realize it as I felt it is bigger after i eat and drink, maybe it is bloating or water retention. Normally it will be smaller when I first got up in the morning.

Some say maybe my baby is a girl so will move gentle and not easy to feel initially.. not sure how true it is. I did on the classical music quite loud but don't seems make any difference.

Wow... so wonderful as your baby can start to react to what you said.. I am looking forward for that. I plan to join the prenatal yoga in coming months. Have you do any exercise? So far I just eat and sleep and sometimes walk and shopping.. nowadays start to feel backache and cant really sleep at night. Hope the exercise will help.

Thanks for sharing.

Hi clearbluesky,

R u a 1st time mum?? Well as for me I am a 1st time mum.. I feel my baby exactly at 18 wks. You don't have to put your hands on your tummy.. you can just feel the baby moving. I only gained 1kg so far, but baby is gaining weight so it's fine.

Hmm I am slim type.. I am not sure if being plump will effect u in feeling baby"s movement later ... But as long as your baby weight is gaining fine .. U don't have to worry so much. Is your tummy very big already? My tummy is quite big & hard.

You can try to beat your tummy softly.. See if there is any movement?? My baby reacts to loud music so whenever I on loud music he will move, now more movements from him so if there are times that he don't move .. I will slap my tummy.. Then he will react.. :) of cos talk to your baby.. He/she is listening.. Hehe.. My baby is very sensitive to 2 words " daddy" & "baby" he will react when I say these 2 words...

Jia you

Hi, I did that every night.. haha.. will continue to do that. Very looking forward to her "kick" :)

hihi,
u try lay straight on bed, hands on tummy. talk to ur baby! i start feel like very early. now my tummy can move when baby kicking hard!! some of my friend feel the movement after 20week plus!! btw i on the plump side also, but slim down abit when preggy. i nvr gain weight yet, but bump is growing big!! my thighs r slimmer now, face also!

Tannie

Is there any recommended list of what to buy? I am first time mum too, have not started buying anything yet. Don't know what to buy as this is the first baby in both my husband and my family... Gynea say start shopping only after confirm gender... which is next month... but big sales is now...

Dilys

Hi Dilys, yes I am first time mum.. then I didnt feel it yet.. I will patiently wait :) maybe it is really due to the thick fats I have on my tummy .. haha . Tummy is getting bigger i guess.. I didnt realize it as I felt it is bigger after i eat and drink, maybe it is bloating or water retention. Normally it will be smaller when I first got up in the morning.

Some say maybe my baby is a girl so will move gentle and not easy to feel initially.. not sure how true it is. I did on the classical music quite loud but don't seems make any difference.

Wow... so wonderful as your baby can start to react to what you said.. I am looking forward for that. I plan to join the prenatal yoga in coming months. Have you do any exercise? So far I just eat and sleep and sometimes walk and shopping.. nowadays start to feel backache and cant really sleep at night. Hope the exercise will help.

Thanks for sharing.
Hi clearbluesky,

Yes baby can react to what we said.. Cos" since I got preggie I start talking baby, hubby will talk to baby everyday for 1/2hour since preggie till now to 1hr every nite. :)so baby can regonise hubby"s voice.

Don't worry .. Maybe your baby is still small..there are still space inside..sometimes u won't feel so early.. Some will feel later.

I haven't do any exercise .. Just some brisk walk sometimes after my dinner... Always hubby suggest to walk with me.. Alone ?? I will be too lazy.. Haha.. Shopping is the best exercise.. Haha it's too tiring now as baby"s weight is gaining.. walking also tend
to slow down alot!!

Just do whatever you are comfortable :)

climsp

Hahaha I beat my stomach also! Sometime shake it! As wat dilys say talk to baby is good! My baby like to listen pop n noisy songs! Like dancing inside! :001_302:

For breast pump, I worry no milk also!! Like my mum, she dun have no matter how she try! For 3 children she have! All nvr breast feed b4! Hope I will like my dad' s side, all his sisters breast feeding very long!!

Other than cloths you can buy all other stuff .. but I think there will be some baby fair in Feb if I am not mistaken but not sure when and where... :)

Is there any recommended list of what to buy? I am first time mum too, have not started buying anything yet. Don't know what to buy as this is the first baby in both my husband and my family... Gynea say start shopping only after confirm gender... which is next month... but big sales is now...