EDD May 2012 Mummies!

bleeeee

hmm.. since the nurses can do that for us, I'll jus bring the whole un-open box of the pumps & bottles to the hospital.. haha... but wat about when we get home? if no steriliser, mus use boiling water ah? will the bottles 'melt'?
open the box and just bring the essentials! coz the box is quite bulky and alot of unnecessary packaging inside. i unpacked the box and raelised it all fits nicely into a small bag.. no point bringing such a big bulky box along.

bleeeee

i think most hospital provide diapers and wipes so no need to bring? i dont intend to bring for mine. for baby im only bringing 2 sets of clothes for her to come home in (in case she poops when changing and needs change of clothes), receiving blanket, hat, mittens, booties. no pacificers in case of nipple confusion...

bleeeee

I went to the Taka fair last Sat.. they have Kotex maternity pads both adhesive and loop and the prices are so different.. loop ones at $1.70 and adhesive for $6.30, both 10 pcs.. didnt get any yet cos might be bringing my hubby to go again for other items.. for loops ones, how to you tie?
my colleague who had a c-sect said the nurse helped her tie. think they have to use loop coz of the wound.

oh i didnt know infection is v common in last tri. i think i'm having mild infection now too... no other symptons other than a very uncomfortable feeling and pressure at my bladder area. doesnt hurt when i pee either... dunno isit baby pressing down at my bladder? im drinking more water to try and flush anything out and monitoring still...

where do you intend to place your hospital bag? coz i drive to work, dont think i will put the bag in my car coz i wouldnt drive myself to the hospital when the time comes... but dunno where to leave it... at the hubbys car?

miracle25

my colleague who had a c-sect said the nurse helped her tie. think they have to use loop coz of the wound.

oh i didnt know infection is v common in last tri. i think i'm having mild infection now too... no other symptons other than a very uncomfortable feeling and pressure at my bladder area. doesnt hurt when i pee either... dunno isit baby pressing down at my bladder? im drinking more water to try and flush anything out and monitoring still...

where do you intend to place your hospital bag? coz i drive to work, dont think i will put the bag in my car coz i wouldnt drive myself to the hospital when the time comes... but dunno where to leave it... at the hubbys car?
hmm, so which type should we buy? loop or adhesive? though I'm going for natural birth but wont know until tat very day.. I think I'll jus leave the bag at home.. hubby can come back take as I dun think we will need to use these items on the 1st day.. except for the pumps if the baby dun latch on...

miracle25

open the box and just bring the essentials! coz the box is quite bulky and alot of unnecessary packaging inside. i unpacked the box and raelised it all fits nicely into a small bag.. no point bringing such a big bulky box along.
okay, I shall un-pack and re-pack them in another bag.. thanks..

miracle25

think the ones at guardian and watsons are not maternity. i bought the freesized ones (and one mens pack accidentally!) from watsons. if you want maternity, can get from spring maternity or kiddy palace. not sure what is the diff

think the normal pads are ok but maternity pads are thicker so provide more cushioning.
yah, those at Watsons and Guardian are not for maternity use.. I also bought a free size pack to try on but dun think I'll use tat after birth... the cotton wool was stuck onto my black pants and though soft but quite thin, dun think it can support the pad.. my colleague told me she used those normal night-use pads cos the maternity pads are very thick and not comfortable..

miracle25

Hi Climsp,

Which hospital are you giving birth at? For Thomson, they told me dun need to bring anything for baby cos everything provided. Only need to pack for my hubby and myself.
I was told by Thomson too tat all things are provided for the baby except mayb the going home clothes you may want to change.. unused diapers they also let you bring back.. but was told no camera/ video in the delivery suite.. :(

can we bathe at the hospital? tot we're not suppose the bath or wash hair after giving birth...

cupcakemum

I went to Giant Tampines and they have a range of disposable undies. They have the ones for maternity/confinement use, but I looked at the sample and the waist is very wide. It's too big for me so I bought the normal kind of disposable undies. They're cheap.. I think about $5 per pack.

Also for ladies who have not bought your nursing bras, Giant Tampines sells them for very cheap! The most exp I saw was only $16.

yah, those at Watsons and Guardian are not for maternity use.. I also bought a free size pack to try on but dont think I'll use that after birth... the cotton wool was stuck onto my black pants and though soft but quite thin, dont think it can support the pad.. my colleague told me she used those normal night-use pads cos the maternity pads are very thick and not comfortable..

cupcakemum

Thanks climsp for sharing! :)

I'll be delivering at Thomson and found from their website that no hat will be provided for baby.

Is it necessary to bring one? Afraid she feels cold.

this is my checklist. i dont know what to add or take out also.

Checklist

Must have
1 Pre-admission document
2 Doctor's letter/ receipt
3 NRIC (Both mummy's and daddy's)
4 Marriage certificate
5 Deposit Monies / Credit Card
6 Bank statment/passbook

For mummy
1 Pyjamas
2 Breastfeeding bras
3 Breastpads
4 Nipple protector
5 Sanitary pads
6 Panties / Disposable panties
7 Room slippers
8 Socks
9 Face and Bath towels
10 Clean clothes for going home
11 Books / Magazines
13 Cardigan
14 Lip balm
15 A laundry bag
16 Toiletries - Toothbrush, toothpaste, moisturizer, comb, soap, shampoo
17 chicken essence

For baby
1 1 set of baby clothes
2 2 sets of mittens and booties
3 Receiving blanket
4 Disposable diapers
5 Baby wipes
6 pacifier

For Daddy
1 Jacket
2 Camera / Video Camera
3 Charger for Camera / Video Camera
4 Handphone
5 Handphone charger
6 Coins- drinks vending machine
7 Snacks- Cereal bars or dried fruit for an energy boost

cupcakemum

I don't think there's a rule that states can shower or not after labour? But if I'm stable, I would definitely wanna have one!!! Can u imagine how dirty we get after labour?..... :X

I was told by Thomson too tat all things are provided for the baby except mayb the going home clothes you may want to change.. unused diapers they also let you bring back.. but was told no camera/ video in the delivery suite.. :(

can we bathe at the hospital? tot we're not suppose the bath or wash hair after giving birth...

Fanger

Had seen my gynae. bb is fine and is downwards already. Gynae said might be due to intestinal infection and said can continue eat antibotic. Lucky no premature labour as it still closed. Now my checkup change to 2 weeks visit instead of 1 month.

Tannie

I don't think there's a rule that states can shower or not after labour? But if I'm stable, I would definitely wanna have one!!! Can u imagine how dirty we get after labour?..... :X
I think we are allow to shower but most will not due to the confinement rule... Up to hw much u blieve in confinement rules...

bleeeee

hmm, so which type should we buy? loop or adhesive? though I'm going for natural birth but wont know until tat very day.. I think I'll jus leave the bag at home.. hubby can come back take as I dun think we will need to use these items on the 1st day.. except for the pumps if the baby dun latch on...
i bought the adhesive type :) i guess if you go for emergency c-sect, the hospital will provide the loop type of pads first, you can always get your hubby to buy from the pharmacy, etc. the adhesive typse will still come in useful later on?

bleeeee

can get from kiddy palace then :) i tried the watsons cotton disposable undies before when i travelled and they were quite comfy, hope they work this time!

ooh i thought thick pads will help cushion the area :p i think i will bring both the normal and maternity pads to the hospital, so kiasu!

yah, those at Watsons and Guardian are not for maternity use.. I also bought a free size pack to try on but dun think I'll use tat after birth... the cotton wool was stuck onto my black pants and though soft but quite thin, dun think it can support the pad.. my colleague told me she used those normal night-use pads cos the maternity pads are very thick and not comfortable..

Dilys

Oic. So as long as there are 10 movements per day its ok? My gynae didnt ask me to count alth I m now just past 31 wk. Maybe he will at my next appt.

I will usually shake my tummy to make my baby move. Wonder is that too violent? Haha...
As long as baby moves 10 times from 8am to 6pm (*not per day). -Usually baby will move alot at night. Let me explained why so important between 8am to 6pm) cos' some baby movement will not be that much during the day... have to monitor closely.

Well... definetly u wont hurt your baby by shaking your tummy ... haha ... sometimes baby won't move even u shake your tummy cos' they tot that you are rocking them .. hehe... (* as long as u feel the movements everything will be fine)

Don't worry .. baby is being protected by the water bag..

Dilys

Oh sterilizing tablets still need hot water? I always thought normal tap water will do. Ok maybe its easier to just pass the nurses the pump then.[/QUOTE

Of cos.. Sterilizing tablets on normal tap water won't kill bacterial. Maybe if it kills the germs inside the normal tap water .. it will not kill the germs in the bottle.

Hot water doesn't kills bacterial... also .. u need boiling water to clean ur stuff well !

After boiling your bottles, teats.. etc . U got to use a tong to fix up the bottle. U can't use your hands.

*It's really how particular u r on the cleaniness.

Last edited:

Dilys

hmm.. since the nurses can do that for us, I'll jus bring the whole un-open box of the pumps & bottles to the hospital.. haha... but wat about when we get home? if no steriliser, mus use boiling water ah? will the bottles 'melt'?
Hi

Of cos you have to use boiling water. Bottles won't melt if you are using a " not imitation" type of bottles.

Dilys

If I rem correctly, my antenatal teacher said the bottles have to be boiled for about 10min before they are considered sterile.
Yes 10 mins in boiling water. U have to see bubbles on the water.. no bubbles not consider sterile yet!