EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Meilynn

hello may-mummy-to-be,

im a first time mummy in my 32 weeks now. is there anyone out here experiencing frequent urinating issue? i make my run (sometimes) pretty often, can be as short as 10 min interval but the second time feels like leaking sensation.
Dear twentydec, welcome!!

Being pregnant wil result in frequent loo visits, ESP later stage of the pregnancy. I append herewith the info from babycentre for ur ref pls.

Frequent urination

Meilynn

Morning ladies. Saw tt most of ur bb's head is position downwards. Can I know at wat week did ur BB's head turn downwards? I m at 32 weeks but my bb yet to turn

Gemini11

Morning ladies. Saw tt most of ur bb's head is position downwards. Can I know at wat week did ur BB's head turn downwards? I m at 32 weeks but my bb yet to turn
Dont worry babe, my baby also hasn't turn at 32 weeks checkup. Gynae says still got a lot of time, I'll rather he turn later so I won't exp so much discomfort of running toilets, now alr going abit more frequent but I guess when he head is down will b worst

Last edited:

cn211279

Update time:
Just went for my gynae checkup at 32 weeks. The baby's head is down which explains the increase in pelvic pressure, damn irritating... and the baby is 2kg and growing well :)
And I suffer from urinary incontinence too... so i wear panty liners just in case.
I won't be a stay at home mum this time round because I don't think I'm suitable to be one and I was able to get my mum to help take care of my little one.
I was a stay-home mum for 1.5 years to take care of my first one because my mum was still working at that time and I wasn't happy with my job so I decided to just quit and take care of my son. Although I really appreciate the time I have with my first one, I also realised that I'm not really suitable to be a stay home mum. In fact, after 6 months I couldn't take it and went to find some part-time job.... The pros.... time with the baby and very close bonding...and of course breast feeding was easier. The cons... my boy becomes very attached to me, he will reject everyone even daddy if I'm around which makes it very difficult for me to have any downtime. I remember having difficulty even having a leisurely bath or sometimes go to the toilet for big business because my boy will be crying away for my attention. Another con is the lack of adult conversation.... my friends are mostly working and not married so there isn't anyone that I can talk to or go out with on weekdays.

I put my boy into full day childcare once he turn 18 months so that I can go back to work. He had a hard time adapting as he is so attached to me. He cried for 6 months before he got used to it *heartache*. The teachers told me that those babies who are in infantcare before adapt a lot better as they are in the routine before they can experience separation anxiety. I noticed that they are also a lot more independent and pick up so-called life skills more easily (ie feeding themselves, dressing/undressing, sleeping on their own etc…) However, it is true that due to the teacher/baby ratio, there will be times where the baby is left to cry for a while before being attended and I guess that is the part which we as mums will have heartache.
To those mums who intend to be stay at home mums, enjoy the bonding process with your babies because you will not get it back again.
BTW, I was a very lazy stay-at-home mum who don’t bother to dress up :embarrassed:. Lucky, my hubby didn’t complain. But then again, I don’t really bother dressing up when we were dating in the first place,…. So I think he is used to my laziness liao… In fact, he said that he likes me to be natural without too much makeup… so I don’t even bother with makeup nowadays.

Rzena

I was at week 26 when my gynae told me that my baby has turned head-down. I thought it was too early, but gynae say it's ok.
Think it differs from babies, some turn very last minute and no problem as well.

With his head down, I realise my feet swell up more, and have increased urge to pee about every 30mins or so. Plus his legs are always kicking upwards into my rib and stomach area.

selineleow

i think my baby is on 24/7. he just never stop moving. i wonder is he too small thats why he still hv space to move. hur hur hur...

Rukia

Ya I also not taking much money from him yet.
He is already paying for most things, since last month started asking him to pay for my CC bills n told him need to take money from him already when baby out. since he's the one who doesn't want me to work I think he should expect that, at the same time also dont't want him to b too stress. Now I also dont't know how much to ask from him when baby is born. What you think?
I think the main expenses would be food and transport if bring baby out for vaccination? Cant think of anything else.
$200? Is that a reasonable amount?

Rukia

My baby turned heads down at about 29 weeks. So when she moves her head...sometimes will get that intense urge to pee.

Tannie

I think my girl is a shy girl, whenever we put our hand on my tummy she stop moving... even when I jus look at the tummy she will stop... not sure hw she knw I m watching... so till nw hubby only manage to feel her movement once...

miracle25

I think my girl is a shy girl, whenever we put our hand on my tummy she stop moving... even when I jus look at the tummy she will stop... not sure hw she knw I m watching... so till nw hubby only manage to feel her movement once...
hi Tannie,

same here.. when I was watching TV I can feel my baby moving but when I tried to take video or my hubby wanted to feel his movements, he stopped.. so far only managed to take 2 videos of his movements and hubby only felt few times his movements..

miracle25

Mine also turned down already, but no effect on the number of toilet visits.. I still need to go toilet at night....
same here, baby's head is turning downwards and I'll ask my gynae this question every time I see him and he said I'm so kan chiong.. :p no changes on the no. of toilet visits too.. but lately at midnight, my toilet trips reduced, maybe I'm too tired to wake up liao.. :p

esoterice

hi Tannie,

same here.. when I was watching TV I can feel my baby moving but when I tried to take video or my hubby wanted to feel his movements, he stopped.. so far only managed to take 2 videos of his movements and hubby only felt few times his movements..
ya me too la.. everytime I tried to record, it failed... But I can see baby moving but unable to record..

esoterice

hi Tannie,

Ya in fact, mine turned down quite early like 26 weeks. Gynae says its due to gravity cos their head heavier...

hi Tannie,

I also tried to take a video of the movement but whenever my camera is on, the tummy stop moving -.-"

Sometime when my baby pop a mold up, i will try to press it down, then it will give a hard kick! Rebellious baby!