EDD May 2012 Mummies!

esoterice

i intend to shower before going to the delivery ward and subsequently shower before i leave the hospital. dont think i can tahan w/o showering for a month. my mum is fine with me taking quick shower (washing of hair limited to once/twice a week) etc since she feels that it will be better for baby and myself (hygiene issue cos of the discharge) and the fact that may is gonna be one of the warm month.

i also equipped myself with a dry shampoo from sephora, oscar blandi pronto dry shampoo, just in case if the hair gets too oily to managed.
I also intend to shower before gg to hospital, but once pop le, I will bath using the herbs and not plain water ba...

esoterice

Hi tannie.. Have u started planning your baby's first month celebration already? If so, that's really fast!

I couldn't find dry shampoo anywhere. Went to pharmacy and they told me nowadays people don't use dry one, they use mousse shampoo. So I bought a bottle already. I guess it will be less itchy than powder shampoo.

U mean there's dry bath too??? Didn't know that!
Cupcakemum, I starting planning already. Mainly cos I'm very free at work lol... But also nothing much to plan cos I will be doing it at home, just shortlisted the caterer and supplier for decor, choose my decorations and guestlist, that's all.

Gemini11

Cupcakemum, I starting planning already. Mainly cos I'm very free at work lol... But also nothing much to plan cos I will be doing it at home, just shortlisted the caterer and supplier for decor, choose my decorations and guestlist, that's all.
Esoterice mummy... Can share which r ur short list caterer? Cuz I'm also researching, kinda think I may try neo catering. Wat u think? Cake wise intend to order those cup cake kind but can't find any nice ones yet.

esoterice

As for confinement, I don't believe in absolutely no fan or no aircon. Its really up to you. You can on the fan, but make it circulate so that the air in the room can circulate. It is more healthy this way too. You do not want to suffer heat stroke also haha.. As for aircon, I know myself, I will not on it because, I can get running nose from aircon that is too cold.

I will bath and wash hair too, cos of hygenie purpose. But will use the herb water and blow dry my hair quickly before stepping outside.

As for food, I'll just leave it to my confinement lady who will cook for me. hehe.. That's all.. I'll just focus on resting and feeding baby...

esoterice

Esoterice mummy... Can share which r ur short list caterer? Cuz I'm also researching, kinda think I may try neo catering. Wat u think? Cake wise intend to order those cup cake kind but can't find any nice ones yet.
I think I will be using Four Seasons, as my company and my mum's house warming both used them and the food is not bad. I was also thinking of neo catering at first, cos they have the new born package right? But I emailed them twice, no response.. =(
As for cake, I will order from pine garden. And for colleagues and thse people who cannot attend, think I will order from sweetest moments. I have not tasted sweetest moments before, but many reviews say nice.. u may wan to try their cupcake see how?

climsp

talk abt baby shower, can we just sms, call or do a event invitation at facebook? dun think there a need to sent card rite??
do baby shower must be on the actual day? or later? or earlier? cos it maybe not be on weekend.
caterer & cake i have shortlisted also. for deco, realli dun know wat to do, cos will be stay over at mum's place for confinement. hubby alone at home cant do much also.

I think baby shower can be later nowadays unlike the past traditional.
Sms should be alright. I didn't receive any baby shower invite card before.

Where do you all intend to hold the shower? At home, or hotel etc? I'm not inviting many friends but my home is not big enough to cater to the numbers of people. Headache, dunno where to hold it.

talk abt baby shower, can we just sms, call or do a event invitation at facebook? dun think there a need to sent card rite??
do baby shower must be on the actual day? or later? or earlier? cos it maybe not be on weekend.
caterer & cake i have shortlisted also. for deco, realli dun know wat to do, cos will be stay over at mum's place for confinement. hubby alone at home cant do much also.

Rukia

I am thinking to start planning as well. Cos once the baby is out, I think all the time will be spent taking care of her. So no time to look around.

Can share which caterer have you shortlisted? I am thinking of Neo but I heard the portion is pretty small?

Rukia

I was thinking of cupcake as well. But at the end I think I might just get some red eggs and ang ku kueh. Easier.

Cupcakes, I think quite ex per cup and usually rather sweet cos of the icing on top. I have seem alot of people either eat it halfway, or throw away the icing. Which I find kind of wasteful, considering the amount of $ you spend.

esoterice

miniclarie, what I heard is that cannot do full month after the actual full month. Must do before the actual date. Dunno what's the reason, but most pp is do before actual date.

climsp, either FB or sms the invitation will do ba. But I did recd baby full month card before. But I think I will not, cos just inviting a few people, relatives and close friends, so dun need to print card ba..

Rukia, ya I had same thoughts as u. Cupcakes seems to look nice only, taste may be too sweet. I prefer to go for the traditional items though. hehe

climsp

will be hold at home, MIL insist at my own place. think we will info relatives to come ard afternoon, then friends at nite. my place is small also, but got big corridor. maybe invite neighbour beside so she wont complain. hahaha
i think for the guest list i got ard 50plus ppl.. if baby need to sleep then wont show him out. will hide him at room.

Rukia

I think I will be using Four Seasons, as my company and my mum's house warming both used them and the food is not bad. I was also thinking of neo catering at first, cos they have the new born package right? But I emailed them twice, no response.. =(
As for cake, I will order from pine garden. And for colleagues and thse people who cannot attend, think I will order from sweetest moments. I have not tasted sweetest moments before, but many reviews say nice.. u may wan to try their cupcake see how?

Will you all invite all your colleagues? I thought of inviting those I am close to cos they have been quite concerned about me and kept asking me about my pregnancy and when I am giving birth. But I think it will be alittle embrassing if the rest finds out that I didnt invite them.

climsp

miniclarie, what I heard is that cannot do full month after the actual full month. Must do before the actual date. Dunno what's the reason, but most pp is do before actual date.

climsp, either FB or sms the invitation will do ba. But I did recd baby full month card before. But I think I will not, cos just inviting a few people, relatives and close friends, so dun need to print card ba..

think sent card also mafan, have to ask for full name n address. write wrg name, may get scold also. if do b4 actual date, can i bath n wash hair then? dun wanna have fainted guests at home. i cant wash hair, but will bath w/ the herb.

Rukia

I think baby shower can be later nowadays unlike the past traditional.
Sms should be alright. I didn't receive any baby shower invite card before.

Where do you all intend to hold the shower? At home, or hotel etc? I'm not inviting many friends but my home is not big enough to cater to the numbers of people. Headache, dunno where to hold it.
I intend to hold the baby shower at my house. If your place is not big enough, you might want to consider renting those multipurpose area below your flat, unless of course if you prefer a hotel, that is another alternative.

Rukia

Rukia, ya I had same thoughts as u. Cupcakes seems to look nice only, taste may be too sweet. I prefer to go for the traditional items though. hehe
Ya those nice looking cupcakes are usually loaded with alot of sugar. Unless you all are looking at those plain cupcakes or muffins, I tried this ChocnSpice before. It tastes quite nice. But no delivery have to self collect, that is a problem.

Fresh from the oven...

climsp

Will you all invite all your colleagues? I thought of inviting those I am close to cos they have been quite concerned about me and kept asking me about my pregnancy and when I am giving birth. But I think it will be alittle embrassing if the rest finds out that I didnt invite them.
will be sending cakes to office for collg n boss. then onli invite close one lo. dun think all will come also.
btw is it ok, if ppls ask wat gift we wan, we just say angbao will do. i dun wanna get gift i dun use or clothes tat baby cant wear.

Gemini11

I was thinking of cupcake as well. But at the end I think I might just get some red eggs and ang ku kueh. Easier.

Cupcakes, I think quite ex per cup and usually rather sweet cos of the icing on top. I have seem alot of people either eat it halfway, or throw away the icing. Which I find kind of wasteful, considering the amount of $ you spend.
Oh ang gu kueh n red egg is a pretty good idea, so just boil red egg n buy ang gu kueh ourselves? Or order? Ps I nb attend baby shower before. Lol. Then for them to bring home? Ya actually I don't like sweet things too, cupcake is just for the look.

Rukia

think sent card also mafan, have to ask for full name n address. write wrg name, may get scold also. if do b4 actual date, can i bath n wash hair then? dun wanna have fainted guests at home. i cant wash hair, but will bath w/ the herb.
I heard from my friend that bathing w the herbs will stain your skin. Is that true? Cos the herbs are dark brown in colour. Dont want to look like I just came back from hiking from africa while having the baby shower. Haha