EDD May 2012 Mummies!

Gracecwz

talk abt baby shower, can we just sms, call or do a event invitation at facebook? dun think there a need to sent card rite??
do baby shower must be on the actual day? or later? or earlier? cos it maybe not be on weekend.
caterer & cake i have shortlisted also. for deco, realli dun know wat to do, cos will be stay over at mum's place for confinement. hubby alone at home cant do much also.
at first, i tot of staying at MIL place to do confinement, coz she say want to cook for me. Then as the months go by, i realize she actually just want to see her grandson... every time see me just ask how is the baby, not how am i feeling....

last week ask which room will i be staying during confinement, say is sister in law room, but they say cuz i'm only staying one month, not going to clear the cupboard. Then i dunno know.... cannot be only i stay over right? hubby also staying. 2 adults plus baby clothes, where to put, some more have baby cot...and bath tub. Expect me to live from a luggage??

best part is, they bought drawers for baby clothes... put in MIL room. I dunno whether i'm feeling angry or wad.

Rukia

Ive a prob if my MIL n hubby brother n gf come down from malaysia for the baby shower, they will b staying here n if CL still herealso dont know let her zzz where. If do after a month will have anything bad or not? Lol
Personally, I am not very pantang. But I guess it depends on individual. I was thinking of holding my baby shower on or after one month. At least my baby will be bigger and stronger by then. Too young, I dont want so many people crowding around her, with all the different environmental dust and possible virus and bacteria.

Gemini11

Haven't plan for the baby shower celebration yet, meanwhile still need to do some shopping n bb clothes washing, btw, do we need to get pump n breastpad now ? if yes , any recommendation?

Bought medela cream yesterday, my nipples feeling much more better now,, any mummies experienced transparent liquid discharge from breast? i did yesterday, my friend said could be the colostrum
Did some research n bought Meleda pump in style advanced n pigeon disposable pads, apparently these r one if the best.

Gemini11

Personally, I am not very pantang. But I guess it depends on individual. I was thinking of holding my baby shower on or after one month. At least my baby will be bigger and stronger by then. Too young, I dont want so many people crowding around her, with all the different environmental dust and possible virus and bacteria.
Ya i think no choice ive to do after too

Gemini11

U Gals know wat? My hubby's cousin told me usually gals do before 30 days n boys after 30 days leh
her 4 days all did ard 28 days. Reason being... So they will have good husbands. Lol. Something new to me. Anyone hear before? Heng mines boy... Lol

Gracecwz

sorry, a bit off topic. how many sets of baby bedsheets are you all preparing? 1 enough? then other wait for people to give? or buy 2? No need comforter right? which type of baby pillow is the best?

esoterice

Grace, lucky u still got time to consider whether to move in your in law house a not... Better than move in already then discover all these problems. If only cooking, can also cook in your house ma. I thought it will be better to stay in own house as everything is available, like from bathing to feeding and zzzz. If not when you move back to own house, have to reorganize again. Just a bit troublesome lor.

For bedsheets, I bought 2 sets in total. In case one stained then can use the other one. I using beansprout pillow, no pillow is also fine as per what I read.. In fact, the pillow which came together with my bedding set is not very suitable lor.. Its too fat liao! No need comforter please, baby too young, and there's risk of suffocation.

Rukia

Grace, lucky u still got time to consider whether to move in your in law house a not... Better than move in already then discover all these problems. If only cooking, can also cook in your house ma. I thought it will be better to stay in own house as everything is available, like from bathing to feeding and zzzz. If not when you move back to own house, have to reorganize again. Just a bit troublesome lor.

For bedsheets, I bought 2 sets in total. In case one stained then can use the other one. I using beansprout pillow, no pillow is also fine as per what I read.. In fact, the pillow which came together with my bedding set is not very suitable lor.. Its too fat liao! No need comforter please, baby too young, and there's risk of suffocation.
Where did you all buy the bedsheet from? How much? I haven bought a single one.

cupcakemum

You cab buy a whole set which includes 1 sheet, 1 bumper, 1 comforter, 1 pillow, 2 bolsters and the sheets for the pillow and bolsters.

I got mine from kiddy palace. I don't know the exact price as hubby paid. But shouldn't be that exp. Maybe 60-80 only.

climsp

yah hard to reject them if they wan to kiss yr baby hor, unless u know that they are these type, then mabbe you can faster hold your baby and prevent them from kissing. hopefully they are zi dong and don't anyhow kiss kiss la..

I was thinking or can push the cot out and park at one corner of the hall for people to see, instead of them hogging the room...
my mum dun like it also, think she may hint them. but i dun know abt my MIL, she may kiss baby herself then tell other dun kiss. i dun like ppl kiss hand also..

if relative approach parent or in law to see baby, think i will tell them b4 hand baby sleep better dun go in, if not, baby got scared. think tat will scare the grandparent. hahaha, after all is 1st grandchild. sure more baobei.

climsp

Ya kiddy palace has the bed sheet only, cost ard 20+ to 30+ but not much choices just a few boring designs.
i bought onli 1 bedsheet at expo fair $20. feel very ex! so small n onli bedsheet. nvr get the whole set cos dun need bumper for playpen. think of DIY bedsheet.

Just checked with my mum. For baby girl, the shower can be carried out earlier. For baby boy, it is on the actual full month.

Maybe i rem my friend's baby shower date wrongly that why i thought it could be later than the actual full month.

miniclarie, what I heard is that cannot do full month after the actual full month. Must do before the actual date. Dunno what's the reason, but most pp is do before actual date.

climsp, either FB or sms the invitation will do ba. But I did recd baby full month card before. But I think I will not, cos just inviting a few people, relatives and close friends, so dun need to print card ba..

Rukia, ya I had same thoughts as u. Cupcakes seems to look nice only, taste may be too sweet. I prefer to go for the traditional items though. hehe

Gracecwz

That's what I tot too... First is comfort, no place is as comfortable as home right? And most important is for us to recuperate?

I also dun want baby first home to be mil place. Or primary caretaker to be mil.... I will feel jealous! Haha.

Thanks for the tip!

Gemini11

i bought onli 1 bedsheet at expo fair $20. feel very ex! so small n onli bedsheet. nvr get the whole set cos dun need bumper for playpen. think of DIY bedsheet.
Ya think it's ex also!

Oh ya I heard lavender bath oil is good for healing the stitches down there, anyone know where to get?

N anyone bought Naispan for stubborn stain on baby clothes? Hear its good. But buy from where?

Im almost done w my shopping list, just left these few items ;)

esoterice

Rukia, you can just get the bedsheet from where you bought your cot from? If not aussino, kiddy palace, baby kingdom etc.. You need to know the dimensions of your mattress before going down to buy wor..

milkshake

Sunkissed: no real reason. It's one of those things that happens. Sometimes it happens. Sometimes it doesn't. So have to monitor closely.

Btw anyone has relatives/parents come from KL? I'm having headache on how to house everyone when they arrive during my delivery. Hotels are sooo expensive! My house is already crammed as it is.

Gracecwz

Oh ang gu kueh n red egg is a pretty good idea, so just boil red egg n buy ang gu kueh ourselves? Or order? Ps I nb attend baby shower before. Lol. Then for them to bring home? Ya actually I don't like sweet things too, cupcake is just for the look.
I went for colleague baby shower. Got self made red eggs and Ang gu kurh. But nobody touch or eat. So if u will ordering or buying, dun get so many, later nobody eat so wasted.

I tot baby shower the more guests the better? More presents and Ang bao!!;)

climsp

yday my sis told me abt johnson baby oil, 1 of the ingredient is mineral oil. she did a research on this. is actually is a liquid by-product of the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline and other petroleum-based products from crude oil. although it safe to use, but dun think will use on baby.