EDD May 2014 (maybe)

ST Woo

Hi winniemint, I'm seeing Dr Woo at tiong bahru. He only give HL unless you stay 1 day in the hospital. I took it during my 1st trimester.

meltie

wah this thread is fast! Hmm i'm sitting on bed .. was dicussing w hubby abt the final details of reno.. where to book for dinner w mil.. 1st she wanted chinese reunion, i booked liao.. den now she wants jap or buffet.. sigh tml gotta book again.. Oh well i'm having heart burn now.. its the beginning.. i had alot of acid reflux in the 1st pregnancy.. today just started feeling it.. after i ate a char siew bao for snack and just now a banana.. sighh... water can't flush it down.. any mummies also experiencing?

wah my gynae super nice one.. she always initiate HL to get me to rest if i want .. and when i see her at appts, she will ask if need MC or not.. :p HR was flexible so they accept.. its like a common practice.. :p guess different gynaes and companies differ... if cannot take HL, guess its either u work till deliver or take MC/AL.. hmm i got friends who can't go on leave n wait.. they rather work and spend the day working.. well i spent my last 2 weeks packing, prepping, meeting up w frens for hightea, chilling , slping in, eat my icecream(confinement cannot eat), ate my fav food (wah heng ar, coz after delivery my bb got sensitive skin n colic, PD recommended me to avoid alot alot of food. :( Imagine i cannot eat nutella , onions, spices, garlic, nuts, diary, egg, berries, etc..). Hmm so for first time mums, do go pamper yourself before you moss those undisturbed sleep, toilet breaks and meals... haha after bb is out, alot of things we mummies rush through.. :p

Charchia, ya my mil has 2 cats! alot of cat fur all around and they roam freely.. i always keep my door closed to prevent them from coming in co they jump n slp on beds? Even jump and eat on dining table! The cats have tripped me afew times.. sigh.. will purposely dash between my legs while i'm walking.. heng i didn't fall down.. hmm my gal has no space to walk.. house is v old n run down and cluttered.. well i will let her walk after dinner when we put shoes on for her.. coz we all have to wear shoes at home.. she is quite deprived.. poor bb.. she loves to walk.. its like her fav activity.. :p well alot of friction w mil la.. so i always advise to think twice before shifting to stay w mil .. i had no choice coz needed a temporary place while i got my house.. thought mil was ok.. she was nice last time.. but since bb came into our world, started to see a different sice of mil.. after shifing in n thinking she n her maid can help to take care of bb.. sigh they can do nothing and totally bo chup and mil just sarcastic whole day abt my milk, bb stuff etc.. sighh she totally against breastfeeding and ebm.. always blame my milk coz i keep in fridge.. n how i dress bb up.. she insist must wrap from head to toe even when bb is sweating buckets, she insist its gd.. well alot of other friction and issues she think up herself abt me cooping in room , don't let her carry bb, her son no longer have her as mum.. blah .. wah no end la... i hope after next week she won't bitter till mad coz she shifted out.. she is a cantonese and is v particular abt dinners and stuff.. she's always pulling a black face at me and speaks to bb only.. and speaks in cantonese over dinner which i cannot make out most of it... oh well i hope better days are ahead!!!! :) :)

Welcome new mums! Hihi Tigry! I'm a 2nd time mum too! My no.1 was born in sept 2012! :D Both girls! :p

Sigh can't sleep.. i hope this reflux stops!!!

CharChia

meltie I feel u (problems with in-laws) but mind not so bad coz my mum-in-law will help me shower my daughter every morning and they will enter my room if they wants to play with her and I m fine with it... Once in a while I will let my daughter interact with the dogs... the dogs are more afraid of her... at my parents place there is also cats but they are confine in one area of the house so not so bad... at times we will let her go near but not touch the cats... and the cats are also afraid of her, the moment she moves nearer they will move away...

Hi winniemint, I'm seeing Dr Woo at tiong bahru. He only give HL unless you stay 1 day in the hospital. I took it during my 1st trimester.
Huh?!!! ST Woo, what is the bill size for 1 day stay in hospital? Thomson Med? dont know can nego with him anot.... cos i guess as time goes by my tummy is getting bigger, walking around and sitting in office will be very tired. still need to stay in for getting HL.....

Tannie, no MC given because we went for evening appointment and usually is after our work. I only get MC from Dr Woo for the oscar scan visit at Thomson Medical.

I'm thinking if he insist want me to stay in just for HL, I meant as well ask for MC...

chinhuahua

Omg mummies, I have been reading all ur advices and experiences, the thread is moving so fast!
I will be storing my baby's cord but haven decide to store with stemcord or cordlife. Any idea which is better?
I intend to take maybe 2.5months maternity leave at 1 go and the balance I will use it as flexible leave. My company is flexible and alot of my colleagues keep their balance maternity leave for better usage when they come back to work. I know it will be hard for me to come back work as I will be missing my newborn badly.
Anybody staying in the west and their gynae is Dr C K Tho from London clinic?
And did anybody sign up prenatal classes?

CharChia

Omg mummies, I have been reading all ur advices and experiences, the thread is moving so fast!
I will be storing my baby's cord but haven decide to store with stemcord or cordlife. Any idea which is better?
I intend to take maybe 2.5months maternity leave at 1 go and the balance I will use it as flexible leave. My company is flexible and alot of my colleagues keep their balance maternity leave for better usage when they come back to work. I know it will be hard for me to come back work as I will be missing my newborn badly.
Anybody staying in the west and their gynae is Dr C K Tho from London clinic?
And did anybody sign up prenatal classes?
i did not sign up for any prenatal class for my first pregnancy...

Hi Chihuahua,

I signed up once for the Thomson Medical pre-natal class but held at AMK hub for my 1st pregnancy. I think I paid about $300+. My hubby came along for every lesson too. The mummies there werent friendly at all. Anyway, as a first-time mom back then, everything also dont know. So that lesson kind of helped me a bit before the baby was born, especially the part on doing exercises (relieves my aches). But now come to think of it, I totally forgotten what was taught.

In fact, many things that were taught in the class werent put into use at all (for my case, I dont recall using anything I learnt after my baby was born). So now that I recalled, my husband and I both think that class was a waste for us. Every babies in different situations require different handling. When you're desperate, you try everything to calm your baby. Who can still go and remember those theories... LOL.

ST Woo,

Same as my gynae. Requires me to stay 1 night in the hospital in order to be considered as HL... and I thought I can take a break from work and go on shopping sprees etc before delivery. Eventually, I worked until my delivery date. I gave birth a week earlier than my EDD.

Mummies, is it true that if our #1 was out earlier than EDD, then your #2 will also be the same? Or there's no such thing/theory to that?

Lingz12

My gynae always offer mc wen I go for the monthly appts.. Smetimes I took leave (cos gotta clear leave before they got forfeited) and smetimes I took up her mc offer.. My company still ok with accepting mc issued by gynaes but I heard sme companies dun accept, they accept onli mc issued by their panel docs.. So crappy..

Yeah yeah yeah.. Mil is forever a sore topic.. Although I dun stay with her but she likes to remote control my hubby! Hate it to the max! When we go to her hse, she always scrutinise my girl as if assessing whether I have failed as a mum.. always critising my choice of clothes cos like Meltie's mil, she insisted bb mus b wrapped from head to toe.. But pls lor, her hse is so warm and e fan is so weak, my girl is sweating and I couldnt risk her eczema flaring up.. Wen bb started solid, she sometimes cook porridge for her and always put salt and soya sauce! Even though I insisted no salt no seasoning and she say my sils and my hubby grow up eating tat and are fine.. Made me so angry! Likes to niam wen im feeding my girl - too fast, too hot (as if she's e one eating, my girl is jus fussy and distracted), too big mouthful etc.. Felt being on constant monitoring.. And recently, she insisted we must give the babysitter 13mth bonus (thru my hubby) and I told my hubby no.. Mil said it's mkt practice and I said I have nvr heard tat rubbish.. Moreover my bbsitter din say this wen we engage her, but we will buy her cny goodies and an ang pao.. The initial plan is to give her nearer cny, maybe on the eve of cny eve.. But hubby went to give e ang pao on Monday and said cos mil say mus give early for ppl to buy things.. I was like please lor.. U tink ppl so poor need ur money for cny meh? Smemore im afraid tat the bbsitter will feel paiseh tat we gave such a big ang pao and give my girl an equally big one in return.. Like pressurising ppl lor.. So angry with my mil lor.. why are mils so irritating?

Tannie

Chinhuahua I signed up TMC pre-natal class qhen I am expecting no.1 I personally think it's quite useful esp if u do not have anyone or confinement lady to guide u after birth. Also it's a chance for hubby to learn handling of baby n to know the process of birth as they will show video clips. My hubby will not watch such clips if I show him. He will also not read up abt anything.

meltie

Hmm i went for thomson medical centre's parentcraft pre natal class for my 1st pregnancy too.. $300 plus , had abit of discount coz we signed up at a fair.. hmm i think 2 out of the 6 lessons were talks by sponsors like cordlife.. The other lessons were mainly stretching classes where hubby can learn n help you stretch.. also have a lesson on how to swaddle and bathe baby.. some theory on baby's body and things to note when carrying baby. They also taught us what to look out for in the signs of delivery. The friendly staff gave us her contact for any queries.. actually i only find some tips useful .. like what to prepare for a bath , etc.. coz my confinement lady cannot make it.. not hygenic..

As for cordblood banking, i signed up with Cordlife for my 1st baby. Well i don't think i'll do it for 2nd baby. Coz both can use the same.. If anyone wants recommendation, i can refer you.. both of us can get vouchers. :)

Hmm my nose is blocked again.. :/ room is simply too dusty.. :( packing now while my girl is in her cot screaming... :p

Tannie

My gynea told me #2 usually will be earlier. For my no.1 , I work till I give birth. Cause the temp we hired either dun turn up or not suitable. ..

Ahhhh! I hope my #2 will come out exactly on 24th April! Nicest date liao; 240414. If earlier, it'll not be so nice... Sigh, of course we cannot chose the date for natural delivery.

My first birthdate was nice; 12 August 12, but in the Chinese ghost month! LOL...

Tannie

Oh strange I dun recall having talks by sponsored for pre-natal class. Another good info. Is abt the pain management during birth.

I hope my #2 dun come out on May day... heard all fees is gona be more ex on public holiday.

I'm praying that my #2 will be a smooth delivery as my #1... Anyway, here's a brief summary of my first pregnancy experience:

My #1, I only felt contractions. No experience of water bag breaking, inducing birth etc. I heard that inducing birth is painful...

As the contractions timing got closer, I called up my gynae and he asked me to admit myself. The staffs in Mount E were really superb, calm and professional, especially the midwives.

So at 7pm, I was admitted. Got into the delivery suite and I had to changed to the hospital clothing. 8pm I had my epidural and was told to lie on the bed at all times. 9pm my gynae came to check on me; said hi, chit-chatted a little and told me I'm only 3cm dilated, so here comes the waiting game... and of course I couldn't sleep. Waited until 5am. Gynae came in, all dressed up to be ready to deliver. 6am, started all the equipment. 6.30am, pushed and gave birth. TADAH! Easy peasy! LOL!

miso

Nice date perkyperky! Haha...

Likely i will take 12 weeks of maternity at one go then spread the other 4 weeks out after the 1st 12 weeks end. Maybe take every mondays n tuesdays till no more ML left. At least can slowly get used to working n taking care of baby.

I'm also staying with MIL and really hope that things can remain as good as they are now after I deliver. I really really hope so.

You mummies have given me the idea to clear some of my annual leave before taking ML. Hehe.. Can slack at home and watch tv. Have some me time before baby is here. But this also means we gotta start hiring fast so that the new staff can start learning and picking up the work that I do. Sigh.. Not easy coz we are a 2-man dept. Haha... It's just me and my AM for now. CEO gave approval to hire one more perm staff last week only. So my poor AM is rushing me to clear space for the new hire while she deals with the hiring itself.