EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

nature59

I insisted on total breastfeed too but the baby doctor there in the nursery room said all babies must pee and pass motion twice before discharge. I had no choice but to allow partial breastfeeding since I have no milk at the moment and baby is crying coz she's hungry.

Pump and latch on is the best!

barneybaby:710995 said:
Hi Terwinkle

Thanks for sharing too. :)

I hope to have total breastfeed..so worried what if no milk.

Is it all rite to reject the nurse not to give formulae? But if reject, scare bb hungry..how? Or the nurse will advise us when we at hospital?

if we want to latch bb, is it no good to pump straight after birth? Or it is ok to pump & latch at the same time?

Thanks.
Hi teriwinkle , so we should bring our breast pump to hosp?

B zhai

Teriwinkle, ur bb gal looks cute with all the pinky stuff. And looks very well grown like a xiao da ren.. :) congrats again!!! Hope u r coping well.. Jia you!!

B zhai

Hi nature59, from what I know, hospital can rent. But it's better to use ur own. They can teach u how to use n my hospital nurse say they can help to sterilize for us also. :)

teriwinkle

No need, they will make sure you learn how to latch on first. Pump can go back and pump. I was discharged this morning.

nature59:711041 said:
Hi teriwinkle , so we should bring our breast pump to hosp?

teriwinkle

Thanks for all the lovely comments about my daughter. All of us are going to have lovely babies! Can't wait to see all of you give birth too!

[Happy hatch Day=barneybaby;710992]Hi Wobblymummy

Thanks so much for sharing. :)

Can check if we wan to have more milk faster, is it we must keep latch bb every two hrs n pump only if after latch still got extra milk? Or it is all rite for us to pump n latch bb together immediately after we deliver? Thanks :)[/QUOTE]
Barney baby: u can actually know when u can pump ur breast. U feel ur breast very full . U can't pump the milk yet after the deliver. Have to wait till 3rd to 4th day till the milk supply comes in. U can chk whether if ur baby ears enough by chking their poo poo. If it is black n hard means insufficient so u might hav to combine with formula ... If it is yellowish n soft , bingo..

Teriwinkle, your baby girl doesn't look small in size, so 2.5kg was a good size too! :)

So happy to hear positive feedbacks about breastfeeding, I think most new mummies are most concerned about this aspect. And thanks for clearing my doubts about the water bag bursting.

I do agree that entering 36 week is getting harder. Tummy seems to be higher than before because baby hasn't engaged yet so when sittin down, will keep pushing against the breasts, very uncomfortable. I'm also waking up every 3 hrs nowadays, to go toilet or got woke up by hunger. My gf said its part of mother nature to prepare us for the hard life ahead for breastfeeding, haizzzzz. I guess that's why need maternity leave because the new mummy will be so tired with the feeding.

Hang in there, ladies. We will be seeing our babies in a few weeks' time!

teriwinkle

My baby's poo is black and soft. Not enough milk?

wobblymummy:711151 said:
Barney baby: u can actually know when u can pump ur breast. U feel ur breast very full . U can't pump the milk yet after the deliver. Have to wait till 3rd to 4th day till the milk supply comes in. U can chk whether if ur baby ears enough by chking their poo poo. If it is black n hard means insufficient so u might hav to combine with formula ... If it is yellowish n soft , bingo..

Yup that's wat my confinement lady said. So has to mix with formula till its sufficient . Hmmm now I can pump till 20 ml for half an hr.. Trying hard.. Dun give up people. We can do it :) just dun stress n relax :):eek:
My baby's poo is black and soft. Not enough milk?

wobblymummy:711151 said:

moonbeam

Hi all, I'm a Nov mum too. Been a silent reader of this thread. Decided to post because didn't want teriwinkle to worry too much about her baby's poo. :)

@Teriwinkle: anyway I read that the meconium usually last only a few days, if breast-feeding poo should turn yellow after that.

hmmm i tried the spray type (i think there are 2 types of dry shampoo - powder and spray) ... it smells ok but doesnt make my hair less oily to be honest... not sure if its because my hair gets super oily...

Hey mummies, saw the dry shampoo from Oscar blandi at sephora it's $33 for the big bottle 79g and $19 for small one 25g..

So moonbeam so it's normal to have the meconium poo for a few days? I m not sure cos my confinement lady said baby is having insufficient milk that why Poo is black. Maybe what she meant is once its sufficient it can clear the meconium n bb poo be yellowish :)

Hi all, I'm a Nov mum too. Been a silent reader of this thread. Decided to post because didn't want teriwinkle to worry too much about her baby's poo. :)

@Teriwinkle: anyway I read that the meconium usually last only a few days, if breast-feeding poo should turn yellow after that.

Black-sticky type meconium is normal - it is good as it reduces the risk of jaundice when it is eliminated. it shd last ~3days ish
the substance causing jaundice requires protein (milk) to bind to be eliminated from baby's body so if your milk comes in late might just want to make sure baby is not jaundiced.

Pics and writeup abt poo
New Baby Diaper Chart Day One Meconium
Baby poo: a visual guide

So moonbeam so it's normal to have the meconium poo for a few days? I m not sure cos my confinement lady said baby is having insufficient milk that why Poo is black. Maybe what she meant is once its sufficient it can clear the meconium n bb poo be yellowish :)

moonbeam

Meconium generally last 2-3 days, although there are always exceptions. Yeah you're right, with sufficient milk intake the black sticky meconium should clear faster. Teriwinkle mentioned her baby's stool is soft, that's why I think her milk is enough.

Can check out this article on meconium and transitional stools. Very informative.

The links posted by babyeskimo are good guides too. :)

So moonbeam so it's normal to have the meconium poo for a few days? I m not sure cos my confinement lady said baby is having insufficient milk that why Poo is black. Maybe what she meant is once its sufficient it can clear the meconium n baby poo be yellowish :)

PockyMummy

hmmm i tried the spray type (i think there are 2 types of dry shampoo - powder and spray) ... it smells ok but doesnt make my hair less oily to be honest... not sure if its because my hair gets super oily...
Babyeskimo... Which means the product is not so good arh? =)