EDD Nov 2012 mummies here

nature59

Hi all

I gave birth on 1.11.12. :)

Just came home this afternoon..today is my third day & I having engogorment..what should I do? I do total breastfeed at hospital. Should I pump out my milk?

Also, I haven't bathe..it so sticky.. How do u guys sleep? I keep sweating. Do u sleep in Aircon room or with fan on at nite? Or u all hv bathe areadi?

Thanks.
Congrats barneybaby! Yup I keep perspiring as well! I do a wipe dry when I can. I have either aircon on/ fan on not blowing at me at night.

Most of my post gone missing, don't know why.

Had bad menstrual cramps at 4am, water bag leaked with bleeding at 5am and came into hospital. Nurse said I'm 2cm dilated.

Part of me wanted to see my baby, part of me don't bear to part with him physically. Am I the only nuts one?

morningdew2576

Hi Katherine, this is so exciting.. U r going to see ur baby very soon..
U had the same feeling as you.. Part of me wanted to see my baby soon, another part not bear for him to part with him physically..

teriwinkle

PockyMummy, they should have 5, 7 or 10 days sessions. Up to you to decide how many you want. For mine, 10 sessions $650 includes 2 baby massages as well.

PockyMummy:715068 said:
Wobblymummy.. Is it a must for us to take up jamu massage? And how much does 10 sessions cost? Do you have any idea whether do they have 5 sessions only? Oh ya!! And is it they come to our house to massage? =)

teriwinkle

I sleep in air conditioned room. Only bathed once with herbs so far. Other days I just wipe my body.

Try pumping out milk, might relieve a bit.

barneybaby:715085 said:
Hi all

Just came home this afternoon..today is my third day & I having engogorment..what should I do? I do total breastfeed at hospital. Should I pump out my milk?

Also, I haven't bathe..it so sticky.. How do u guys sleep? I keep sweating. Do u sleep in Aircon room or with fan on at nite? Or u all hv bathe areadi?

Thanks.

teriwinkle

No choice! I'm doing partial breastfeeding coz too tired from latching or pumping out all day and night. She drinks fm in the night, bm in the day.

nature59:715098 said:
Teriwinkle, nipples are sore coz maybe baby is latching on wrongly. Now putting baby on fm le, my milk not here yet and colestrum too little for him.. =(

teriwinkle

Lol, I didn't think too much. Just wanted to get over and done with the pain! Anyway, jiayou! You are gonna carry your little one in your arms soon!

Katherine57:715112 said:

Had bad menstrual cramps at 4am, water bag leaked with bleeding at 5am and came into hospital. Nurse said I'm 2cm dilated.

Part of me wanted to see my baby, part of me don't bear to part with him physically. Am I the only nuts one?

nature59

I miss having him move inside me as well! You will be fine!

Is not a must to take the massage. Jus additional for the tired body to relax. N heard they massage the breast too. I hav some block duct so hope the therapist can resolve that problem. I tried their Pre natal massage n feel that it's quite ok .yup they come to my house to massage. Price I forgotten, gotten check. Update u in awhile :)
yup 10 session. ..I took up the package from jurong pt Jamu massage. I thinking of getting the fenugreek from GNC .
Wobblymummy.. Is it a must for us to take up jamu massage? And how much does 10 sessions cost? Do you have any idea whether do they have 5 sessions only? Oh ya!! And is it they come to our house to massage? =)

JiAyou Kat, never will u baby leave u. Always by ur side :)

Hi all

Thanks.
Barney is gd to be home. U can pump n breastfeed at the same time. Pump out is easier for me cos I felt that someone can help U to feed while u take a rest.
I bathe on the fourth day everyday with the herbal water at 1-3 pm the hottest pt of the day. If it is rainy day I jus wipe or clean quickly. I Wash my hair on the eleventh day also quickly with the herbs.
I slept with the Fan on but not pointing at me. So there's ventilation. At night fan be blocked by my hubby. But if u r hot u can on the aircon put timer for an hr till the room is cool . That's what I did :)

SGNZ

Barney is gd to be home. U can pump n breastfeed at the same time. Pump out is easier for me cos I felt that someone can help U to feed while u take a rest.
I bathe on the fourth day everyday with the herbal water at 1-3 pm the hottest pt of the day. If it is rainy day I jus wipe or clean quickly. I Wash my hair on the eleventh day also quickly with the herbs.
I slept with the Fan on but not pointing at me. So there's ventilation. At night fan be blocked by my hubby. But if u r hot u can on the aircon put timer for an hr till the room is cool . That's what I did :)
hihi, do your put the baby sleep in the cot or bassinet? What temperature of the room did you put the baby to sleep in?

Baby sleep in the cot with confinement lady. I would on fan for him. But if it is hot then I on air con for half or an hr to cool the room when he sleep.

nature59

hihi, do your put the baby sleep in the cot or bassinet? What temperature of the room did you put the baby to sleep in?
Hi, my baby sleep next to me in his cot. Aircon temp set at 26deg. If cool weather then we just on the fan but not direct at us..

Yup aircon is good but cos I have sinus so can't all day n save a bit for my hubby :) 26deg is ideal temp. All the best to the start of motherhood :)

dewanshahedur

Hey Parents!

Now that exams are over and your kids should be winding down and looking forward to lots of resting and playing during the holidays.

Like mine, your kids are probably gonna be spending a lot of time on iPads and toys. So why not let them play computer/iPad games that promote learning English, Mathematics, Languages and General Knowledge. Children answer as many questions as they can in fun 100-second games of speed and skill. And they can take part in a contest to win a holiday to Hong Kong Disneyland, and other great prizes.

Smartest Singapore 2012 is a fun event for Singapore primary children in P1 to P6 at both local and international schools in Singapore.

What is involved?
Children go online and play 100 second learning games. The games include questions in English, Mathematics, Languages (Chinese, Malay or Tamil) and General Knowledge. Students are able to play as many games as they like over the Preliminary Round period with their best 50 scores counting towards the Semi Finals.

How will children benefit by participating?
Smartest Singapore has been designed to be a wonderful learning experience for the children. Not only is it a fun and engaging environment, it also enables children to study and learn from their mistakes.

Who is Smartest Singapore for?
Smartest Singapore is a fun and worthwhile experience for all children. Every correct answer gains the children a ticket in the weekly draw for great special prizes.

What do parents receive?
Parents receive a detailed report outlining their child’s strengths and weaknesses as well as relative comparison to all other entrants.

What do schools benefit?
There is a registration fee of $24, of which $5 goes to a charity of the child's school's choice.

SPECIAL OFFER: For a limited time only, save $9 off the registration fee and pay only $15 when you register at http://bit.ly/SeXsIF with this Promo Code: smartest4832

Find out more about Smartest Singapore here: Smartest Singapore - Let the Fun Begin! The search is on for Singapore's smartest kids!

View the intro video here: Smartest Singapore 2012 - YouTube

Teriwinkle , u bathe ur girl. I thought can't touch water. My in law disallow me to bathe cos scare my hand will catch the wind. Even the water to wash n brush hav to be boiled water.
Nipples are sore from latching too much? I feel the same way when I only pumped twice a day on the first 2 days after discharge. Made me so tired I wanna give up.

Haha! Takes time to learn how to bathe your baby. I'm already getting the hang of it and she doesn't cry when I bathe her.

nature59:714830 said:
Wow ok I shall up his fm intake coz now I'm on alternate bf and fm. Still having colestrum and no milk..

My nipples are getting sore.. Can u mummies feel something when breast feeding? I can feel the suction. And hurts sometimes..

Just showered him and it was hard coz he fidget so much! I had my mil help. Wonder how to do alone?

teriwinkle

I only touched boiled water.

wobblymummy:715237 said:
Teriwinkle , u bathe ur girl. I thought can't touch water. My in law disallow me to bathe cos scare my hand will catch the wind. Even the water to wash n brush hav to be boiled water.