EDD Nov 2013

Mojito83

how to kill time while on maternity leave

Started my maternity leave today. Baby edd is end of next week. 2 weeks to go. Any mummies here can suggest what I can do to kill time while "waiting" at home? I mean besides watching tv and sleep... thanks! :)

Mashiiii

Oh. I having this feeli g as well. Like balloon with full air.. and backache.. and stomach upset.. today too leave to monitor how. Last night cant sleep well..
wahhh.. take care babe. i remember your edd is end nov right? get more bed rest :)) i checked with gynae - seems like stomach hard is braxton hicks..

Mashiiii

Re: how to kill time while on maternity leave

Started my maternity leave today. Baby edd is end of next week. 2 weeks to go. Any mummies here can suggest what I can do to kill time while "waiting" at home? I mean besides watching tv and sleep... thanks! :)
Hi Mojito, our edd are close! :) You can make good use of your personal time to catch up for your personal interest.. no time for yourself once bby is out! I have been doing cleanings and preparation as well. Also reading up about about labor to be better prepared..

Mashiiii

Re: how to kill time while on maternity leave

Estya - i got a feeling my girl very comfy inside as well.. not engaged yet. I told doctor i thinking of inducing.. doctor checked my cervix and say not "ripe" yet.. so got to wait again~ Edd next friday. Oh wells. Btw, i signed up for the blood cord donation already.

Mashiiii

my edd is 14 nov.. now after 37 weeks.. I keep feeking today is the day.. ha ha..
i know..! but now i already ongoing to 39 weeks but nothing has happened.. grrs. lol. just feeling more tired. must keep us updated if you do go into labor soon k!! *excited*

Mojito83

life is abt waiting...

Been watching discovery home & health programmes about labor and I guess it only makes me more nervous. Lol.
Trying to do squats to induce so I won't waste too many days of leave doing nothing at home. ;)

Thelay

I am having this bad constant back pain and sometimes like stabbing pain in the back... Not sure those are labour signs.

Mashiiii

Haha. Does squats help?? I asked doc how to soften the cervix, he told me sperm. I was like no way. My hormones not in the mood. Geez

Mashiiii

Thelay, whens ur appt for next visit? Ask ur gynae if bb engaged le not.. usually they are able to tell if u might be near labor. But sometimes baby will just come without signs as well..

Thelay

I am quite dread to go and see gynae as they will check my cervix opening.. Last time i had quite bad experience. .So uncomfortable and pain. Do you all have any kind of pain? My Baby still very active. She still actively moving...

Mashiiii

why?? i did my cervix check yesterday - not sure if its the same, my gyane inserted his fingers with gel and tried to push his way through. he kept apologizing though, haha. its pain, but he stopped halfway and tell me not ready for induction.. Hm. i have lower abdomen pain occasionally and backache (but not like constant pain / stabbing pain) as you described. Yea, my baby active too.. during certain hours. My gynae getting me to do the fetal count chart daily..

Mashiiii

thelay - was the one who did your cervix check gynae or nurse? I just came back from tmc, went to observation room @ labor ward because of slight blood discharge. the nurse did the cervix check for me and i teared :( SO PAIN! then i went to see my doctor. Cervix not ripe yet, but having weak contractions (yesterday scan did not show). Gynae did another cervix check for me - not pain. I was complaining to him. he said usually gynae more skilled. haha.

estya

ok now i have phobia to be checked by the nurses in Thomson, coz my friend said the same thing as you did - she cried when they checked for her coz SO PAIN!! :(

Mashiiii

estya:836769 said:
ok now i have phobia to be checked by the nurses in Thomson, coz my friend said the same thing as you did - she cried when they checked for her coz SO PAIN!! :(
Estya... ya. And she kept asking me to push. I was like "push what??!!". Not exactly the friendly bunch of people. And I got blood discharge after the check -.-" am having stronger and more regular abdomen contractions now, slight blood discharge now and then. Eating all the "junk" food now just in case. Hahas

rav3naers

Thelay:836617 said:
I am having this bad constant back pain and sometimes like stabbing pain in the back... Not sure those are labour signs.
Thelay, some contractions starts with backache. Does moving ard help ease the discomfort?

Thelay

Rav.. Massage and hot water bag helps ... But it will come back again after a while.. It have been going on for 3 days. i suspect not labour yet..

rav3naers

Thelay:836878 said:
Rav.. Massage and hot water bag helps ... But it will come back again after a while.. It have been going on for 3 days. i suspect not labour yet..
Ah...the aches and pains of preggy. U r due soon anyway :) looking forward to ur princess.

Judith

Hi ladies. :)
my EDD is 23NOV.
However my water broke on 27OCT & I give birth to my son on 28OCT 5.20PM weighing 2695 5 days premature. He's in special care now, so heart pain. :( :(