EDD Oct 2013

joymommy

mums the word:774796 said:
haha my EDD is 1st Oct too! err.. we were all doing the exact same thing on the same day? hahahaha

I haven't told people as well, only those who asked and my boss. Let the rest assume that i'm just getting fat i guess.

anybody where to find cheap maternity wear online? I find retail stores too expensive and not worth it. Preferably suitable for work - coz my office dress code very formal. I wear dress suits everyday and my dresses are getting tighter!
See if u can get maternity wear from friends then u can save the money esp when is at initial stage. I got mine from my friends, so it's easier for me. Cos I know retail shops v exp, and then online I dono whether nice or not. So I decided the best way is to get from my friends. Hee... Save money too :)

joymommy

joyfulmum:774798 said:
Hehe seems like most mummies here are earlier than me..my due date is 31st oct so im wayyy behind!

They say breasts growth hv nothing much to do w milk production,hope so!!

When do u guys intend to share the news? So far only hubby, 2 best gfs of mine and my mom knows! Heard frm ppl its better to announce after 3 mths(12 wks).. most of u are at 12 weeks le, hv u all announced?
Hahaha. Is ok la. Breasts will eventually grow. Is depending on your body changes also. I don think milk supply depends on how much breasts growth. Don't worry.

I announced to most ppl because I need to take files from higher places and need to climb so I told them so that they can help me. But nv expect some ppl v kpo voice out to others too. Haha but is ok la cos good news ma. So I also don mind la.

yes usually announce after 12 weeks coz more stable.

for me i had to tell my boss and team v early coz i was on Hospitalisation leave alot and missed work. but they were professional and didnt spread la.
i also told family when heartbeat was detected, so during family dinners i got special menu. lol.

now i'm 14 weeks, not planning to announce to whole world la (no broadcast on fb). just tell if i meet people and if they notice lor.. i think in a month or two my tummy will announce itself!

haha

Hehe seems like most mummies here are earlier than me..my due date is 31st oct so im wayyy behind!

They say breasts growth hv nothing much to do w milk production,hope so!!

When do u guys intend to share the news? So far only hubby, 2 best gfs of mine and my mom knows! Heard frm ppl its better to announce after 3 mths(12 wks).. most of u are at 12 weeks le, hv u all announced?

Naangfaa

Hehe..same day same activity?!!hahahah!High 5!! Which hosp?Im at KKH!:)))

Newae am not planning to announce at all (no pregnancy posts on FB too)..will juz post a pic up after baby is born!:)))

my tummy is slightly too big for a 14wks pregger coz pregz+stomach fats..wahliew..@-@-

KKH good! i havent decided but most likely GlenE coz i live in the west. So pray no complications.
I couldnt find female gynaes who deliver at KKH with clinics in the west.(or my research skills lousy)

aiya dun wory about tummy fats, more cushion for Baby! lol.

jean--
i think i paid abt 500 for OSCARS. its the scan plus bloodtest right? expensive and if i knew better i would've skipped the scan.

and going into 2nd trimester means less nausea, more apetite, more energy.. jiayou!!

weeeii

Just went for my gynae appt earlier, he went through my oscar report and said I'm very low risk. Baby is 7.55cm as of today. Pertaining to my constipation issue, my gynae gave some medi. Signed up the package with him today too as well as running through the delivery rates.

I hope my baby comes on 1st oct, so we will have the same birthday!!

joymommy

jean1986:774826 said:
Hi all, how much is the oscars test for ur Gynae?
Mine is TMC and I'm having Oscar with detailed scan and blood tests at the costs of $530 + GST. I think to take all these tests to have an ease of mind to see the little one is growing well in your tummy :)

Xtinee

They say breasts growth have nothing much to do w milk production,hope so!!

When do you guys intend to share the news? So far only hubby, 2 best gfs of mine and my mom knows! Heard frm ppl its better to announce after 3 mths(12 wks).. most of you are at 12 weeks , have you all announced?
My EDD is 27th Oct, going for a scan tomorrow to see if its still the same :)

huiqin83

Hi my EDD changed 3 times, from 9th to 8th then now 6th oct. Anyone changed a few times like me? I think they estimate based on the bb size and growth.

I didnt buy any maternity clothes, i have a lot long dress so intend to wear them till big. at most the dress become shorter as tummy gets bigger haha my friends also pass her collection to me, can save a lot! i only spend on bras and panties now.

Im 13weeks 2days, and I already chop a confinement lady BUWAHHAA im a kiasu mum to be hehee
now need to look for nanny in punggol =(

Xtinee

Hi my EDD changed 3 times, from 9th to 8th then now 6th oct. Anyone changed a few times like me? I think they estimate based on the bb size and growth.

I didnt buy any maternity clothes, i have a lot long dress so intend to wear them till big. at most the dress become shorter as tummy gets bigger haha my friends also pass her collection to me, can save a lot! i only spend on bras and panties now.

Im 13weeks 2days, and I already chop a confinement lady BUWAHHAA im a kiasu mum to be hehee
now need to look for nanny in punggol =(
This will be my third visit, each time the gynae will measure how big he is, so now still on course so its the same, first time was 5wk 2D, second 2 weeks later 7wk 2D.
He says the next time will measure again, if he grows the same, then will stick to the same EDD.

Im also thinking of wearing my long dress as pants are feeling tight, plus the "cushion" of fats i have, I think my tummy will burst !!!

How much is the confinement lady, we should share so we will know roughly how much to spend

My BTO in punggol is going to handover soon, think in June so I do not know if I want to stay with in laws or in my new house. Hmmmmm

june83

Mummies who hit their second tri... do ur nausea and fatigue get better? Cant wait to hit the 2nd tri mark very soon!
i am now 14weeks and 2days.. My MS got abit better. But need to avoid crowds. Woo... today was stuck inside the train for a good 15mins at orchard station nearly fainted as no aircon in the train and it was so stuffy. Now still feel abit nausea.

june83

This will be my third visit, each time the gynae will measure how big he is, so now still on course so its the same, first time was 5wk 2D, second 2 weeks later 7wk 2D.
He says the next time will measure again, if he grows the same, then will stick to the same EDD.

Im also thinking of wearing my long dress as pants are feeling tight, plus the "cushion" of fats i have, I think my tummy will burst !!!

How much is the confinement lady, we should share so we will know roughly how much to spend

My BTO in punggol is going to handover soon, think in June so I do not know if I want to stay with in laws or in my new house. Hmmmmm
If stay with in laws during confinement, at least they can help in house chores and looking after the new born. But more freedom to stay in own house,. For me i prefer staying in own house, I can do what i like. I am lucky because Hus taking 1 month leave to accomapany me. So hus can help me out.

Last edited:

Miracle77

Hi all, I'm exactly 14 weeks now. i'm still thinking whether to engage a confinment lady since hub will also be taking 1 month leave to help me along. My in law is helping to cook for me so hub will drive to collect from me, though she is staying in ckk, kind of a hassle. Is it very ex to engage a confinement lady now? I'm also looking for nanny around my area, hope i'll be able to find one, doesnt want to employ maid to leave her at home with bb.

Hi xtinee,
We have e same edd 27th oct. I guess I w be earlier cos for my first, I delivered at 37weeks 2 days. So I presume no 2 w be early too.
Heex. Only abt 5 percent of e women give birth on edd.
Congrats to those who have crossed their first tri mark!
And to those who have yet, we are getting nearer, hang on!

Alisa

im 12 weeks tmw and my baby is bigger than the EDD date so by right should be 13 Oct instead of 15 Oct but gynae still take 15 Oct as a guide. Tmw will be going for my Oscar. I think my 1st son's Oscar is around $300+ before discount ... why $500?? so ex... i get tired when i walk for a while... my tummy bloated like i am already 5-6mths preg!

ya, for confinement lady, i thought of engage from TMC. not sure what is the price...

june83

Hi all, I'm exactly 14 weeks now. i'm still thinking whether to engage a confinment lady since hub will also be taking 1 month leave to help me along. My in law is helping to cook for me so hub will drive to collect from me, though she is staying in ckk, kind of a hassle. Is it very ex to engage a confinement lady now? I'm also looking for nanny around my area, hope i'll be able to find one, doesnt want to employ maid to leave her at home with bb.
I think hire a confinement lady is around 2k. Y not ask you in law to stay with you during ur confinement period, And give her a red packet after that?

june83

im 12 weeks tmw and my baby is bigger than the EDD date so by right should be 13 Oct instead of 15 Oct but gynae still take 15 Oct as a guide. Tmw will be going for my Oscar. I think my 1st son's Oscar is around $300+ before discount ... why $500?? so ex... i get tired when i walk for a while... my tummy bloated like i am already 5-6mths preg!

ya, for confinement lady, i thought of engage from TMC. not sure what is the price...
I have the price for the confinement meal from TMC, 28 days cost arount 1.8k. So think confinement lady will be more ex.

Xtinee

Hmmm looks like TMC is cheaper. Also seeing a lot of tingkat meals for confinement, seems like when they deliver food is still warm or hot, around the same price.
but then there wont be a person to help u take care of things.

When do your symptoms like MS gets better ? Im having sinus now and then and i heard its normal. Now every morning really cant get out of bed, at night waking up at strange hours to go to pee........ and im those type that cant fall asleep once i wake up, but now too tired ........

Read that it takes 4 months for the placenta to form so maybe symptoms will last longer then 12 weeks ?