EDD Oct 2013

thanku82

I'm 37 weeks now and I can feel the baby really low now. My last gynae visit last friday, he told me baby's head is already very low though not engaged yet. Cervix also not yet dilated. These few days, I feel on and off pulling sensations down there and a tinny winny bit of cramps. I am hoping to at least "dong" until 39 weeks before baby decides to come as right now, he's only at 2.74kg which gynae said is slightly on the small side. Hopefully he can gain a bit more weight in the next 2-3 weeks to come.
I think 2.74kg at 37 week is good, your baby will gain weight at about 3kg by EDD which is good weight for nature delivery.
Did your gynea mention your baby face your back or front? I learn that if baby face front will have late engagement and delivery.

Alisa

my baby weight is 2.9kg as of 37 weeks and doc say should be around the same weight as my 1st son, who is 3.2kg at birth.
my baby's head is also don and should be engage cuz i did experience pain when she is doing her stretching... i hope she don come out earlier too...

mums the word:830240 said:
i popped on friday via csect!

happiest feeling in the world. but each time they wheel the baby back to the nursery i feel like crap coz have to deal with my broken body. doc and nurses encourage movement but it hurts! but have to force myself to do it so can recover well so i can take care of my bb.

Good luck all of you!

about induction - i believe its a gamble la coz it might not work and cause even more complications
see what ur doc says.
Congratulations to u, mums the word.
take care of your wound. u r as equally impt as ur baby.

babywipes

TVH no worries, I went for my scan last week at 35 weeks, gynae says the same thing about low but not engaged, and he ask me to take pineapple juice if not im sure to overdue!!! But at 36weeks she like moved even lower so....... Can you feel your baby head between your pelvis? Mine is there now, walking hurts
Hi Xtinee, you can feel baby head between pelvis? my gynae said my baby is engaged but i don't feel it nor any increased discomfort...maybe sometimes i will get achy feeling in vagina area but that's it..wonder if there will b any sign of bb coming out..so far i still feel normal, just that sleeping is a discomfort. hmmmmmzzz

joymommy

My bb is now 3kg at week 38. Gynae says my bb doesn't seem like wanting to come out yet.. Still in comfort inside my womb.. Not engaged yet.. Possible to be overdue bb - about 1 week.. I don't want my bb to be overdue (wants bb to come out early) if not induce very pain too.. Any suggestions?

Xtinee

Hi Xtinee, you can feel baby head between pelvis? my gynae said my baby is engaged but i don't feel it nor any increased discomfort...maybe sometimes i will get achy feeling in vagina area but that's it..wonder if there will b any sign of bb coming out..so far i still feel normal, just that sleeping is a discomfort. hmmmmmzzz[/QUOTE]

Yes I think its her head, cos there is a lump of fats under her head previously, now the lump of fat becomes hard. i really think she moved down, cos all of a sudden I can breathe easy today, hope means no more kicking my ribs. I really hope shes not rushing to get out..... Doctor says bloody show will come first, but some might not notice, then contraction then water bag burst, but these 3things sometimes i read some mummy have it but dont feel it. Now is a mixed feeling of wanting her to come out but shes too small, but cannot tahan the wait like dont know when it will happen.

Xtinee

joymommy:830426 said:
My bb is now 3kg at week 38. Gynae says my bb doesn't seem like wanting to come out yet.. Still in comfort inside my womb.. Not engaged yet.. Possible to be overdue bb - about 1 week.. I don't want my bb to be overdue (wants bb to come out early) if not induce very pain too.. Any suggestions?
joymommy, when my doc told me last week that I might overdue (before she seems to be dropping lower), he ask me to take the juice of half of a 50% ripe pineapple, he says will help in a smoother delivery, he dont believe in induce, as sometimes might not work. can mix with other juice, hubby preparing it for me tonight.

june83

I've popped on 28 sept!!

Too late for me to sign up for cord blood donation - I wanted to sign the forms on Monday but well, my lil' muffin had other plans.

It's one thing I am not proud of - I shouldn't have left it to the last minute.
Congrats! Have a great confinement

june83

Congrats!
And have a good rest.

i popped on friday via csect!

happiest feeling in the world. but each time they wheel the baby back to the nursery i feel like crap coz have to deal with my broken body. doc and nurses encourage movement but it hurts! but have to force myself to do it so can recover well so i can take care of my bb.

Good luck all of you!

about induction - i believe its a gamble la coz it might not work and cause even more complications
see what ur doc says.

joymommy

joymommy, when my doc told me last week that I might overdue (before she seems to be dropping lower), he ask me to take the juice of half of a 50% ripe pineapple, he says will help in a smoother delivery, he dont believe in induce, as sometimes might not work. can mix with other juice, hubby preparing it for me tonight.
U mean drink pineapple drink can help?? Really?? Can I know who's your gynae? I am quite worried bb will be overdue.. I want bb to come out soon.. Hahaha

Xtinee

My gynae is James Lee, hes at toa payoh and has another office at Mt E. Hes very pro natural birth unless really no choice. Not sure if it will help but I will be drinking it first time tonight.

joymommy

My gynae is James Lee, hes at toa payoh and has another office at Mt E. Hes very pro natural birth unless really no choice. Not sure if it will help but I will be drinking it first time tonight.
Thanks xtinee for sharing. Can u let me know if it helps u? When is your EDD?

shahan

Hi joymummy,

Try doing lots of squats, walking and lots and lots of housework!
Don't worry abt being overdue. It's all in our mind :)

nanaliu

hi all, my edd is 22/10/13... but somehow keep having the feeling that bb will come out earlier dunno y.lol... Btw, my gynae say that my bb face has not turn to the back, meaning his back is on my back and his face is facing the front. That worries me as my gynae say that if bb did not turn, I will have a super long labour... anyone experiencing that too? (My bb head is engage since week 35. Im currently at week 37)

nrl

Wahh.. Oct is here and all of us waiting2 for time.. Anyone experiences lesser movements fromyour babies?

I'm still thinking to induce or not!! Yikeess!! Still undecided... Baby head is facing back already... Waiting2 and waiting game is so excruciating....!! Hehe

nrl

Wow! Your edd same date as mine... Same here. I have a feeling baby will come out earlier and my instinct tells me this friday.. Haha i donno why... But hopefully i cn go the baby expo first.. So baby pls come out at night .... Lol

nanaliu:830581 said:
hi all, my edd is 22/10/13... but somehow keep having the feeling that bb will come out earlier dunno y.lol... Btw, my gynae say that my bb face has not turn to the back, meaning his back is on my back and his face is facing the front. That worries me as my gynae say that if bb did not turn, I will have a super long labour... anyone experiencing that too? (My bb head is engage since week 35. Im currently at week 37)

joymommy:830426 said:
yo. can try coconut juice. buy those frm ntuc or shop n save. once a day or 2 days.

joymommy

Hi joymummy,

Try doing lots of squats, walking and lots and lots of housework!
Don't worry abt being overdue. It's all in our mind :)
Hi shahan. My hubby prohibits me to do house works. Hahaa. Maybe I shld do some when he is out for work.. Does it help? Is only for smooth delivery or can be early labour?